Favorite 80s Music Video

utee94

36 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

Ok so the question is - Is Dio the greatest metal singer of all time? Better than Dickinson, Ozzy, Halford?

For my money. Yes.

That's a tough call. Dio and Dickinson gave the best live performances that I ever saw. Those are my top two.

Edited by BurntOrangeCrush

I might have had a crush on Madonna, and it's possible that it peaked with her appearance in this video.  The Material Girl was great, but looked a little too refined for me.  Nightclub-Madonna was more my speed...

Not going to contend it's the best, but you guys suck for not posting this (I didn't see it, anyway).

James Todd also responsible for one of the more memorable unplugged performances, at 12:45

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 10:21 AM, utee94 said:

Asia was cool because they usually tried to do something original in their videos.  Think of how much tougher it must have been in 1983 to create the visual effects of those ever-changing TV monitors.

I liked the Raiders theme in Don't Cry, too.

"We're here for the Duran Duran video."

On 4/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, utee94 said:

UTCzech bringing it.  Very nice. I don't know a whole lot of folks that remember Donnie Iris.

I remember both Ah Leah and Love is Like a Rock but this is the first time I've ever seen a video of him.  The visual does not match the voice at all.  Looks a lot more like Morris Gardenia than Donnie Iris.

15 hours ago, utee94 said:

Another one from the Visionquest soundtrack, the video maybe wasn't anything special, but the song is just so freaking cool:

Such a cool song.

I remember hearing a radio ("Rockline"?) interview with Tom Cochrane where he said he heard of the death of John Lennon on his way to the studio to record the vocal.  

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

I remember both Ah Leah and Love is Like a Rock but this is the first time I've ever seen a video of him.  The visual does not match the voice at all.  Looks a lot more like Morris Gardenia than Donnie Iris.

I think that was kind of that late 70's/early 80's "Buddy Holly" look revival, Elvis Costello, Marshall Crenshaw, Donnie Iris all had it.

17 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

My all time favorite video and I have no idea why.

We had a Science teacher who'd let us watch videos at the end of the week if we'd been good.  His little treat because he knew none of us had MTV.  It was during this video that I was informed by said teacher that John Fogerty had a band before he went out on his own.  I don't remember much from the class, but I remember that.  

I might have had a crush on Madonna, and it's possible that it peaked with her appearance in this video.  The Material Girl was great, but looked a little too refined for me.  Nightclub-Madonna was more my speed...

Man I love Vision Quest!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

This thread kicks ass, but it's missing a few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCOSPtyZAPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbm6GXllBiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho