The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Bama Chick

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I posted this on my Twitter:

I never would have thought I would see in my lifetime the first Black President and the first Black/South Asian Woman Vice-President.  As a Black kid from small town conservative Texas, Black people just knew it would never happen. So yes, this is a huge deal.

It is about damn time !

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Welp  I don’t know if it’s just because I am getting older, or the fragility of our democracy has been tested, but this inauguration hit much different for me, than any previous one I have seen. I actually got a little misty eyed and had a profound feeling of pride. I was not expecting that

You are not alone at all with those feelings.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Mrs GOTJ and I shared a toast with tears in our eyes while watching Kamala and Joe take their oaths. 

There's a lot of long, hard work to do. It's not going to be easy. And there will be missteps along the way. But damn if it doesn't feel easier to breathe right now. Adults are in charge again. People who believe that it is their duty to serve this country, not fleece it.

**And one tacky side note: when did Garth Brooks have astro turf installed on his dome? He's got that much money and his dome looks like an indoor/outdoor rug sample they sell at Home Depot.**

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Remember when Garth Brooks wore a Barry Sanders jersey and Republicans lost their shit because they thought he endorsed Bernie Sanders. Idiots...

And he didn't even mention shoving his boot up anyone ass like trumps favorite, sooner trash toby keith.

• Hook 'Em 2

Welp  I don’t know if it’s just because I am getting older, or the fragility of our democracy has been tested, but this inauguration hit much different for me, than any previous one I have seen. I actually got a little misty eyed and had a profound feeling of pride. I was not expecting that

Same for me. I watched with my son, who is 9. He watched the whole speech by Biden. He saw the differences. It was a great moment.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Mrs GOTJ and I shared a toast with tears in our eyes while watching Kamala and Joe take their oaths. 

There's a lot of long, hard work to do. It's not going to be easy. And there will be missteps along the way. But damn if it doesn't feel easier to breathe right now. Adults are in charge again. People who believe that it is their duty to serve this country, not fleece it.

Yep. Biden's own words to Obama following healthcare reform part 1 are appropriate here too, "this is a big fucking deal."

Things are looking up, but eternal vigilance is required.

Seriously, that guy could fuck up a threesome his wife initiated because, "Honey, I told you...odd numbers bother me.  I don't like it.  I no like it!"  

I hope this day means that the ledge will finally be empty.  Last one off, turn out the lights!

Ain’t leaving it let. The fight is just beginning, but we have fighters in the ring now. That’s important.

I did NOT expect today to hit me this hard. The turning of the page for the country. The shattering of glass for women, for minority women in particular. The shout of goodness and decency. The glimmer of hope, however small, but however bright.

It’s hit me like a truck. I didn’t know that I could feel that way anymore.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Love seeing so many women and minorities getting a moment in this ceremony.

May love even more the amount of mouth breathers that are having a coronary at this moment.

Hey Mike Pompeo, looks like you were wrong, America is multicultural.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2