The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Bama Chick

13 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Strangely, all I feel is relief.  There should be pride, but it’s not coming through.   Not sure what to make of that. 

Same here.  Perhaps its the overwhelming amount of work that needs to be done just to get back to where we were 4 years ago before we tackle all of the shit that we didn't do in the last 50 years.

Basically we are celebrating that a traitorous sociopathic grifting narcissist child and his enablers are no longer in the executive branch.  Yeah us.

Nevertheless, I will downing a couple a thirty beers to celebrate here in about an hour. 

22 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

What’s the deal with all the Bernie tweets?  Can you bros not let Biden have one God damn moment without trying to hijack it?

Bernie's mittens were made by a teacher out of recycled materials.

His coat is the same one he wears to everything all the time.

He's adorable. Go to therapy.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ain’t leaving it let. The fight is just beginning, but we have fighters in the ring now. That’s important.

I did NOT expect today to hit me this hard. The turning of the page for the country. The shattering of glass for women, for minority women in particular. The shout of goodness and decency. The glimmer of hope, however small, but however bright.

It’s hit me like a truck. I didn’t know that I could feel that way anymore.

live from the ledge:

Blog – JEANNETTE FANG

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

It does feel like a tangible power shift has taken place. Like the wave crashing back into the calm ocean. It's still water but it's dissipated. Until the next wave. For now, all is calm and a lot of folks I think feel relief and appeased, if not secure and comfortable yet.

Nice metaphor.  If I recall, you voted for the tsunami of sewage over the calm ocean.  If the election were today, how would you vote?  Sincere apologies if I'm mistaken.  

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ok...when are today’s events replayed? I was working during much of it, would like to watch it.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Did you not tivo it like some of us who plan ahead?

I've got it on betamax if you want to borrow it.

• Haha 2