The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Bama Chick

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

It was always your country's flag and without going too b_t or Anastasis it has been used for ugly purposes around the world as long as you've been alive. 

What people are talking about here right now is essentially that they allowed the disgusting element to appropriate the flag by abandoning it themselves for the last 4 years. If you feel you must respond to the idiots who put 5 flags on their truck and a big Trump sticker on it the proper retort isn't taking down your flag. It's putting 5 flags on your truck and a TRUMP SUCKS DONKEY DICK sticker on the back window.

It's also possible people live in an HOA that doesn't allow signs in the yard and they'd like to show some pride in getting Trump out without saying as much. I assume that's what some of my neighbors were doing on November 3rd. I'm good with that interpretation so I won't try to dig in to criticize.

12 minutes ago, B00M said:

It's also possible people live in an HOA that doesn't allow signs in the yard and they'd like to show some pride in getting Trump out without saying as much. I assume that's what some of my neighbors were doing on November 3rd. I'm good with that interpretation so I won't try to dig in to criticize.

1. HOAs can't prevent homeowners from displaying political signs near an election. That's against Texas law. They can put certain restrictions on size and quantity only. 

2. That doesn't address the issue of interpreting the flag as representing the President.

I understand the sentiment and I'm not actually trying to criticize. More asking people to consider that they are feeding into the stupidity of political figures appropriating the flag, not combating it. 

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

it was like extruding a sea mine covered in barnacles. That conglomerate would fight to avoid expulsion. I actually had to stop and take deep breaths to be sure I didn't blow a vein or my heart.

48 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

treasonous assholes

Could You Not Little Girl GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I guess I'm the contrarian asshole today but I disagree with this sentiment. This basically says that Donald Trump was the United States of America for 4 years and that Biden is now. 

That's not the case at all. If you're a flag flier then it should have been up before and after the inauguration. Supporting the United States shouldn't be based on who POTUS is. That's how we got where we are.

But I'm admittedly being a bit judgmental considering I've never flown one. 

I've flown one for the entirety of the last 4 years, simply to point out that the fuckfaces that wear it and wave it don't own it.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1. HOAs can't prevent homeowners from displaying political signs near an election. That's against Texas law. They can put certain restrictions on size and quantity only. 
2. That doesn't address the issue of interpreting the flag as representing the President.
I understand the sentiment and I'm not actually trying to criticize. More asking people to consider that they are feeding into the stupidity of political figures appropriating the flag, not combating it. 
I don't think I've ever thanked you for largely speaking reason and truth to dumbfucks on the various boards going back to HF for me. Thank you. It sadly a rather full time job.

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'll be honest, I'm amazed that Biden is still standing strong today. I've been up since 5AM working & watching this coverage. He's been going at it and doing a lot more than me since then. Stay strong, Joe.

What a day he’s had. Let him get some sleep. He’s like, didn’t I give this speech 9 hours ago? 

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'll be honest, I'm amazed that Biden is still standing strong today. I've been up since 5AM working & watching this coverage. He's been going at it and doing a lot more than me since then. Stay strong, Joe.

We were just saying this.  I'd need lunch and/or a nap at some point and he's 104 years old or something.  Maybe he's double fisting red bulls.

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

correct.   I think it's probably a Takamine, but I don't know for sure, and have no idea if it's a production or a custom. 

image.png.cdc82a3e219a73a645a326a83748403e.png

I think it's this one. And for the record, Bruce is a huge fan of off the shelf guitars. His guitar tech modifies the touring models, but for the most part, he plays 'em as he finds 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1

I caught Black Pumas doing Colors on Colbert last night. Good song. I’ve now seen them perform on late night talk shows a few times and they’ve always sounded good. I dig the singer’s voice, I like the guitar player, their arrangements are tasteful, I like their style. If I had kids and they liked this band then I’d support that. There’s nothing artificial about them and they seem to have a classic sound but still manage to sound fresh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

image.png.cdc82a3e219a73a645a326a83748403e.png

I think it's this one. And for the record, Bruce is a huge fan of off the shelf guitars. His guitar tech modifies the touring models, but for the most part, he plays 'em as he finds 'em.
That's very true. I enjoyed his Memoir, but my goodness it's just like his music- tight almost to the point of too tight at times , and long winded as fuck.

Had this on the background while doing other shit.  Black Pumas got me paying more attention, love them.  Foo Fighters are aight but that presentation was fucking fantastic. That drummer is unreal. And Kerry Washington is hot as shit.

Forgot to add this is well done, and *let me rephrase* makes me feel better about being American after 4 years of embarrassment.

Edited by Mach 1