The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Bama Chick

Eh, different strokes and all. As I've aged, songwriting is everything to me, and the Foo are just unparalleled in modern rock as songwriters.

I don't actually even think of them as a 90s band, even though they obviously started then, since their best stuff is only a couple years old. St Cecelia is just an insanely good song.
I will give them an honest go then, because I'm all about songwriting but more Townes, Guy, Earle x2 etc

It's going to be like eating collard greens when I'm all full on fried chicken though, but I've been wrong before

4 hours ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Wasn’t sure how this ‘virtual’ inauguration was going to go, but hats off to the committee.  The whole day has been A+!  

I would imagine it was the same team as what put together the convention last year.  Very well constructed.  Message about the same as well.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Amanda Gorman is awesome. Interview with AC was outstanding.

Pretty neat that it was Dr Jill who discovered her.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I would imagine it was the same team as what put together the convention last year.  Very well constructed.  Message about the same as well.

Pretty neat that it was Dr Jill who discovered her.  

A great deal of the inaugural events yesterday were produced by Austin’s own C3 Presents.  

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Good for her.  She asked tough questions directly to faced of the entire clown parade of press secretaries in the previous fat fucking windbag's administration of lying sycophantic cunts.

they tried to move her to the back of the room when the rona hit, she told them to fuck off, they threatened to call secret service, she didn't move.....  and they pussed out.

that whole fucking administration: all hat, no cattle.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

1. HOAs can't prevent homeowners from displaying political signs near an election. That's against Texas law. They can put certain restrictions on size and quantity only. 

I'm thankful my neighborhood doesn't realize this or doesn't care enough to fight it. Political yard signs and bumper stickers are childish

2 hours ago, purplepride95 said:

140385902_10224937916059231_267873454290

At first that made me kind of ragey.  Thinking all that effort put into messaging getting sidetracked by Bernie (unintentionally).  But then I got to thinking how things were so weighty yesterday, not necessarily somber or depressing, but how many of us were coming to grips with remembering what we are about, and what we had lived through the past 4 years.     

None of that escaped, it all rang true, but we also needed a laugh to help us heal and move forward.  Mixing humor into the message would have been wrong, but we needed it nonetheless, so we found it in bernie and Lady Gaga and other little moments throughout the day.

• Hook 'Em 1