The Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Bama Chick

Foo Fighters are just so good. My last band used to play Times Like These as one if the few covers we did.
That's weird as shit to me but cool that you had a band, man. The Foo is like some AI program made a 90s band. I should like them, but they bore me endlessly. Just boring, generic, parts. Not awful, I just don't care. Like Muzak

17 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

image.png.cdc82a3e219a73a645a326a83748403e.png

I think it's this one. And for the record, Bruce is a huge fan of off the shelf guitars. His guitar tech modifies the touring models, but for the most part, he plays 'em as he finds 'em.

The Boss is an excellent musician, but the only thing he's truly a huge fan of is collective bargaining.

"Live better, work union," The Boss (date unknown) 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Born to Run said:
6 minutes ago, G650 said:
Foo Fighters are just so good. My last band used to play Times Like These as one if the few covers we did.

That's weird as shit to me but cool that you had a band, man. The Foo is like some AI program made a 90s band. I should like them, but they bore me endlessly. Just boring, generic, parts. Not awful, I just don't care. Like Muzak

Eh, different strokes and all. As I've aged, songwriting is everything to me, and the Foo are just unparalleled in modern rock as songwriters.

I don't actually even think of them as a 90s band, even though they obviously started then, since their best stuff is only a couple years old. St Cecelia is just an insanely good song.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I need to take a moment just to say it's refreshing to get the President asking Americans to mourn the 400,000 we've lost this year. I feel like these people being gone was lost in the last 2 weeks. I'm glad we have a President that will deal with this pandemic rather than say he's already done enough.

Until that point, I was physically just numb about the COVID deaths and couldn’t really comprehend it.  After that moment by this new administration, it fully hit me and I started bawling.  And I know no one who has died from it personally, but it’s still 400,000 Americans.  Dead.  And the President during those deaths didn’t give two shits. 

Now I’m angry. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Until that point, I was physically just numb about the COVID deaths and couldn’t really comprehend it.  After that moment by this new administration, it fully hit me and I started bawling.  And I know no one who has died from it personally, but it’s still 400,000 Americans.  Dead.  And the President during those deaths didn’t give two shits. 

Now I’m angry. 

You should be angry.  400K people died and our president didn't give a shit and told us about the stock market.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Now I’m angry. 

Or to put it another way, the population of New Orleans.

• Rage+1 1

It truly feels like we have emerged from truly dark times and are seeing hope for the first time. Which is totally true, but I don’t think I realized just how dark they were. A president that stoked white supremacy flames, attacked its institutions. 400,000 Americans dead. A failed federal government.  

I really am feeling hope for the first time in a long time. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Now I’m angry. 

The choir director from my church passed away April 22nd from COVID. We have still not been able to give him a memorial service. He was a good man with a big heart for people who loved life. Losing him was a gut punch for me because I sang my first church solo because he volunteered me for it. Makes me sad to think that he is not here to see today.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

It truly feels like we have emerged from truly dark times and are seeing hope for the first time. Which is totally true, but I don’t think I realized just how dark they were. A president that stoked white supremacy flames, attacked its institutions. 400,000 Americans dead. A failed federal government.  

I really am feeling hope for the first time in a long time. 

I don’t want to be that cheesy ass bro because I hate cheesy-ness, but I honestly just feel different since 11am.  Just feels like everyone in the country isn’t in a dark place unless you were fucked by the lies.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I need to take a moment just to say it's refreshing to get the President asking Americans to mourn the 400,000 we've lost this year. I feel like these people being gone was lost in the last 2 weeks. I'm glad we have a President that will deal with this pandemic rather than say he's already done enough.

to be fair, he did say a long time ago that he takes no responsibility.  so, you know, his hands are clean.

1 minute ago, burntorangebongos said:

Holy Shit, it must be the vodka, but this Tim McGraw song is making my eyes leak. 

I think it's the vodka. NTTIAWWT. 

Auto-tuned bro country with cliches and generic platitudes, but fuck it...if it gets 3 dozen people to chill out & have a reasonable dialogue  then more power to 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This shit has been incredible.  Wow

Who's the secret service agent lady jammin out?  Oh my...

Edit:  She's wearing heels but I can still dream about her being an agent...

That was Biden's daughter or dil

• Hook 'Em 2

I don’t want to be that cheesy ass bro because I hate cheesy-ness, but I honestly just feel different since 11am.  Just feels like everyone in the country isn’t in a dark place unless you were fucked by the lies.
It's palpable. Especially where I live. Almost overwhelming. What a wonderful day it's been.

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I'll be honest, I'm amazed that Biden is still standing strong today. I've been up since 5AM working & watching this coverage. He's been going at it and doing a lot more than me since then. Stay strong, Joe.

In a sane world, that inaugural speech would put to bed all the dementia stuff.