Recommend a car cell phone holder

Any good recommendations? The vent ones annoy me because they block the air flow, the sticky ones i'm afraid will fall off in texas heat. Don't want to mount to windshield but rather the dash. Anyone have one that's lasted?  

There is one on amazon that mounts into the cd player slot, i never use CD's so I'm thinking about that one. 

Edited by Quagmire

5 hours ago, Quagmire said:

There is one on amazon that mounts into the cd player slot, i never use CD's so I'm thinking about that one. 

I used one of those (magnetic mount) for a long time and was happy with it.  I don't use it anymore, but only because I got a phone with wireless charging and the magnetic plate you put in the case would disrupt the charging.

19 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

I love the magnetic one. I’ve had this one a couple of years. It sticks to a dash panel with a 3m type sticky. It’s secure and easy to put on and off one handed. 

https://www.amazon.com/Scosche-MAGDMB-MagicMount-Magnetic-Devices/dp/B00I608BJ8/ref=pd_ybh_a_59?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HR0GM6F256K99YHAMA6B

Thanks, ordered it and will try it out.

I didn't see this thread until just now, but I've been looking for one as well. I found this review last night and ordered the recommended dash or windshield mount. 

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-smartphone-car-mount/

The CD player mounted one looked interesting, but it would block almost all of my radio controls and display on my truck.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:22 PM, wherzwaldo said:

I used one of those (magnetic mount) for a long time and was happy with it.  I don't use it anymore, but only because I got a phone with wireless charging and the magnetic plate you put in the case would disrupt the charging.

You can still use the wireless charging, but you have to be careful about where you place the magnet. On my phone, I put the magnet on the bottom and it charges just fine.