Jen Psaki is Good at this Job

Woland

She's throws some good subtle shade. Just watched her press conference. A reporter asked a question and she answered it. The reporter was like no, wait, she rewords the question, to basically ask the same question again. I guess she didn't like her first answer. Psaki was like "no, I heard your question". ie, I heard it correct the first time bitch, just because you didn't like my answer doesn't mean you get to ask it again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Military reorganizes all the time. My command in the USAF was merged with two others and doesn’t exist now. Just like corporations who reorganize and rebrand.  But Jen thinks it’s stupid, so...

sorry you missed my point. nothing was actually done with Space Force. it was a marketing gimmick and publicity stunt. there's nothing to unfold or continue work on, as no actual work was done.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

sorry you missed my point. nothing was actually done with Space Force. it was a marketing gimmick and publicity stunt. there's nothing to unfold or continue work on, as no actual work was done.

Yes, orange man bad!

• Fuck You 2

4 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah he was actually terrible by every metric. Not sure how this is a viable retort.

If I step in dog shit barefoot and say "digshit, gross!" Would you mockingly retort " dog poop bad!" ? "Poop derangement syndrome"

Every accusation  . . . .

Isnt the creation of Space Force the kind of government bloat that most people hate? The work was already being done but it was carved out and a bunch of money thrown at shit that if it was left alone would never have been noticed. It’s not “orange man bad”, it’s “what a waste of money for a stupid name.”

if there is something deeper being done with Space Force, I’d be down to learn about it. I’m all for joining and getting on the government dole.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Isnt the creation of Space Force the kind of government bloat that most people hate? The work was already being done but it was carved out and a bunch of money thrown at shit that if it was left alone would never have been noticed. It’s not “orange man bad”, it’s “what a waste of money for a stupid name.”

if there is something deeper being done with Space Force, I’d be down to learn about it. I’m all for joining and getting on the government dole.

If I could pose as Qanon, I'd bring up the point that the creation of Space Force and Majorie Greene's assertion that Jewish Space Lasers being deployed to set California wildfires all happened within a few weeks of one another.  Coincidence, America?  I think not. 

Where We Laser One, We Laser All.  L'Chaim!   (also, I just found out the "L" in that hebrew/yiddish term stands for "Laser")

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I saw that live. It was real and she did not roll her eyes although I bet when she got back to the office she did.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

She should have started her response with "let me explain this to you like you're five".

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That would be extreme. Tempting, but two weeks in to the term, maybe a little premature.

no, rise above. she handled it just as it should have been handled. yeah, it's a stupid question, but let's try not to attack the reporters. it's been such a nice couple of weeks. my wife is on an asynchronous school day, and she was sitting in the living room and i walked through and commented "just take the chance to bask in the utter competence of the whole thing" as psaki was giving a briefing. you could feel the relief and gratefulness radiating from my wife. she just said quietly "who knew boring would be cool?"

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, hayden_horn said:

no, rise above. she handled it just as it should have been handled. yeah, it's a stupid question, but let's try not to attack the reporters. it's been such a nice couple of weeks. my wife is on an asynchronous school day, and she was sitting in the living room and i walked through and commented "just take the chance to bask in the utter competence of the whole thing" as psaki was giving a briefing. you could feel the relief and gratefulness radiating from my wife. she just said quietly "who knew boring would be cool?"

...and 81,000,000 Americans raised their hands.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The comments said Zeke Miller (AP). I actually expected better framing from him. There are open-ended ways to ask a question that don't put the responder immediately defensive unless that is where you want them.

He flies AF1 to spend a weekend with his family and he’s vaccinated. It was a stupid question! 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

At this point in time, with everything and everyone frayed I agree. Two years from now, if someone does something stupid on a slow news day and she throws a little shade, I'll cut more slack. Sometimes press secretaries are a useful diversionary tactic for an administration by providing more than just info to deflect heat, etc, but at this point she still needs to get the table set and the meal on the table before people can think about looking around for the ice cream and pie.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He flies AF1 to spend a weekend with his family and he’s vaccinated. It was a stupid question! 

My hands are up, I surrender!

He asked a question to which  you (and I) know the answer, but he writes for an agency with a global audience that has specific standards. He was somewhat 'required' to ask that question in order to get a quote given the appearance of a conflict (between actions and CDC guidelines). The quote is like granting 'permission' to talk about those other factors in the article so to speak. However, he asked it in the stupidest way possible. Does that make sense? However, he really didn't need to ask it at all because as a WH correspondent, there were other pertinent items she brought up to which he could've paid closer attention.

Now, what Fox did was disingenuous and misleading but that's Fox. Which brings up the second part of him being stupid; he was likely trying to top Fox because they broke that first. If Fox had not put that out prior to the brief, two cents says he wouldn't have gone there.

On 2/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, hayden_horn said:

actually, i have a client in huntsville who would fly us out there once a year pre covid. might continue post covid, i dunno. 

but huntsville is actually great. it's full of engineers and rocket scientists. it has great broadband. and my understanding from several different experiences at davidson and redstone is that von braun loved it, because the foothills of the appalachian mountains reminded him of his childhood home. 

Of course, it's gotta couple bright spots.  It's a mid-sized state in both respects (28th in size, 23rd in population...so literally right there in the meaty part of the curve /costanza).  It's got the literal ugliest part of the gulf coast.  And 150 years after reconstruction began, despite throwing trillions of dollars at it, and rebuilding entire continents while it alone struggled to find modernity, Alabama continues to be the armpit of humanity.  No matter how much Trumpers love it, the thing is a fucking cyst on a boil on a tumor on America.  It's beyond worthless.  I'm sure the 49th President will come from Alabama because it ranks #49 in everything else.  

Huntsville is awesome.

It is projected to take over Birmingham as the biggest metro area in the state by 2025.

Of course, it’s in Mo Brooks district but that district also includes shitty areas that balance out Huntsville/Madison County.

I’m biased because it’s my neck of the woods but I hope the local Democratic Party can take a page from Stacey and Abrams and Beto and implement a long term organizing plan to significant outreach to get non-voters to come on board.

The ADP has been largely worthless in organizational strategy and grassroots voter outreach as a result of absolutely horrid leadership from the state Democratic Party.

The takeover of the ADP by younger aggressive new blood can make a difference.

That’s district had a long term Democratic Representative until Mo.

I just signed up for a woman’s grassroots organizing effort to work on outreach to unegaged voters who have flat given up fighting. Our focus is suburban college educated voters, voters of color who have basically given up voting thinking their votes don’t matter.

Redistricting will be huge this year for Alabama.

We may be tilting a windmills but we’re going fight like hell.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Yeah, that's one conciliatory thing that can be done and should be done.  I just wish the press would stop trying to find these little trivial gotchas.

Trump more or less deserved any and all gotchas, but doing it to him fed a narrative that he used to our great detriment.  And numbed the less-engaged public so that when he started doing non-trivial shit, they were already tired of it.

I'm surprised if that was AP.  They have been stalwarts of non-hysterical and factual reporting these last four years.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Since this is the "Space Force" thread, I thought I'd add my comments.

I can't really comment on the substance of the changes, but the name "Space Force"  and calling the personnel "Guardians" is just stupid. This is "Boaty McBoatface" stupid. It'd be like changing the name of the Navy to the "Water Force" and calling the sailors "Boat People."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, SydneyCarton said:

If the Space Force has a fucking budget carved out already, I'd love to just find a way to fold it under NASA. Have some of it as a security/defense wing of NASA, and give the rest of the funding for regular NASA shit. Unless they want to include Cyber Security into Space Force.

"Space Force" should be about defense and security in space.  NASA should be about science and exploration.

Gotta have a healthy conflict between the two.

tumblr_odbsl8FqUE1s1bunio10_400.gifv

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

My favorite NPR show and recorded in Dallas. 'Why We Actually Do Need A Space Force'

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/why-we-actually-do-need-space-force/id121493643?i=1000501891073

• 4 weeks later...

It's refreshing to know that even Betas were smart enough to let this silliness go ... I mean she actually is dumber than a box of rocks ... she would be a national embarrassment if we did not have a corrupt old ra(c/p)ist fool pretending to be president from his basement.

• Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It's refreshing to know that even Betas were smart enough to let this silliness go ... I mean she actually is dumber than a box of rocks ... she would be a national embarrassment if we did not have a corrupt old ra(c/p)ist fool pretending to be president from his basement.

Did you mean to post this in the Kayleigh McEnany thread three months ago?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Did you mean to post this in the Kayleigh McEnany thread three months ago?

Bless your heart. Whataboutism is so cute. I has to intimidate you Betas a hot chick as sharp as her ... hence why a stupid cow like Psaki is more fitting of your Beta bedroom prowess ... all trying to perform while longing to be a ABCDEFG+_*/ affirmation of Betaness.

(We get you Betas are intimidated by strong women and prefer the "let me circle back," i.e. ask a man)

Edited by Kyle
  • Fuck You 16

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Bless your heart. Whataboutism is so cute. I has to intimidate you Betas a hot chick as sharp as her ... hence why a stupid cow like Psaki is more fitting of your Beta bedroom prowess ... all trying to perform while longing to be a ABCDEFG+_*/ affirmation of Betaness.

(We get you Betas are intimidated by strong women and prefer the "let me circle back," i.e. ask a man)

For a troll to work, it has to be subtle.  But you've created a cartoon character here.  And you named yourself after Kyle Field?  Again, too obvious.  You may not be smart enough for what you're attempting to pull off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

watching arrested development GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Projecting again?

You forgot "cuck" and "libtard."

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Probably still would, though.

She is the very definition of "hate fuck."

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Projecting again?

You forgot "cuck" and "libtard."

Also "snowflake."  Maybe throw in an "of your ilk."  

• Like 1