Jen Psaki is Good at this Job

Woland

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I will condemn Psaki for incessantly saying "circle back."  "I will get an answer for you next time" should suffice.

It’s a pretty grating bit of jargon, but as long as she doesn’t ask for alibis, promise a more granular answer later, or make her staff do a hot wash after each briefing—- she gets a dispensation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s a pretty grating bit of jargon, but as long as she doesn’t ask for alibis, promise a more granular answer later, or make her staff do a hot wash after each briefing—- she gets a dispensation. 

A friend of mine is campaigning to stealthily try to work in "reach around" to replace "reach out." He says you just have to keep a straight face when you tell people you will "reach around" on them later, or tell them you are reaching around on them to gauge their interest in something or other. He is really hoping he gets called out, thereby forcing the other person to explain the difference between reaching out and reaching around, all while he plays dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

A friend of mine is campaigning to stealthily try to work in "reach around" to replace "reach out." He says you just have to keep a straight face when you tell people you will "reach around" on them later, or tell them you are reaching around on them to gauge their interest in something or other. He is really hoping he gets called out, thereby forcing the other person to explain the difference between reaching out and reaching around, all while he plays dumb. 

I like it, but he’s engaged in brinksmanship with HR. Some colleagues and I tried to make “densely pixelated” replace “granular” but it went nowhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I will condemn Psaki for incessantly saying "circle back."  "I will get an answer for you next time" should suffice.

We’ve established I don’t know her history, but reminds me of someone who just got their MBA.   Let’s table this, circle back this afternoon, and flesh it out. 

eta: if that’s the worst thing about her, well, we don’t have much to complain about. 

Edited by fattyflattie

the press secretary isn't in or privy to all of the high-level meetings going on at all times.  there's no possible way for her to have all the information at the time of a daily briefing.  i haven't watched every day, but i know after the first week or so, she made a point of at least trying to make good on her "circle-backs" even if it was just to fuck with right-wing twitter. 

the question gets asked, and she either has the information and answers it, or doesn't and gets the information for tomorrow, like a daily press briefing is supposed to work.  what she shouldn't do is lie, replace the answer with memorized talking points, or avoid the question entirely and then not return to the briefing room for a month.

also when "blondo" inevitably makes it into the dictionary, i'm taking full credit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That and her talent, qualification, and capability. And I’m not talking about blowjobs.

I dunno, the way Kayleigh would flip through the pages of the binder, I feel like she wouldn’t take good care of the balls with her off hand whilst actually sucking.  

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Did you like it more when Kayleigh would show up like once a month, spew propaganda and not take any questions? 

She started her stint as Press Secretary by promising she would never lie and then just lied, lied, lied, and then lied again. That’s the playbook. That’s the Trumpublican brand. That’s what they do. That’s what they’ll continue to do unless and until it stops working for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Did you like it more when Kayleigh would show up like once a month, spew propaganda and not take any questions? 

I don’t get angry about the now intense interest in denigrating the press secretary, but where I take exception is when we are actually getting briefings on a normal level again yet now we have folks scrutinizing the utterances from Psaki. The last one showed up almost never, but when she did it was to intentionally lie to the American public. If you are going to take a stance against Psaki and what she says during a press briefing make sure you bring your homework done on the last one. When notes are compared on the two and we find you are being disingenuous we can add opinions held of the press secretary to the list of things they do not get to complain about. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

@UpperWestside yeah it’s more annoying than anything. Really trying to not get pissed off about this shit anymore but when 70 fucking million people have lost their fucking minds in our country then yeah. Pretty easy to get pissed off 

I get that feeling. There are people here that are completely disingenuous in everything they post on this site. We know who they are as a collective based on the thoughts they errantly share here. 

I think, and this is just advice that you can process that might help, but staying angry at 70 million plus people will not do much good. It does no good for your own state of being. Make the best you can out of the day, try and help those that you personally know that are stuck on living the death cult way of life and just enjoy life to the best extent possible. The hate will just burn you up and engulf you. You don’t have to take that advice, but I have found it helpful in how I approach people in many different situations. It doesn’t mean you won’t get upset with someone still, but when I have gotten upset with someone who is doing something as harmful as what we have witnessed from the death cult, I am able to process it better by remembering to find ways to let it go and enjoy the day I was not promised.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Pooooooooorrr aggy

dcar00 is an Aggie?   As in went to A&M, or you're just saying he's acting foolishly?  

Edited by Lobo

13 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I get that feeling. There are people here that are completely disingenuous in everything they post on this site. We know who they are as a collective based on the thoughts they errantly share here. 

I think, and this is just advice that you can process that might help, but staying angry at 70 million plus people will not do much good. It does no good for your own state of being. Make the best you can out of the day, try and help those that you personally know that are stuck on living the death cult way of life and just enjoy life to the best extent possible. The hate will just burn you up and engulf you. You don’t have to take that advice, but I have found it helpful in how I approach people in many different situations. It doesn’t mean you won’t get upset with someone still, but when I have gotten upset with someone who is doing something as harmful as what we have witnessed from the death cult, I am able to process it better by remembering to find ways to let it go and enjoy the day I was not promised.

My advice is to start drinking heavily.

dcar00 is an Aggie?   As in went to A&M, or you're just saying he's acting foolishly?  

I have no idea if he attended Texas A&M for school but I’ve seen few posters in the same class when it comes to embodiment of the aura of aggy.

Yeah, I get that we label people with ignorant takes as being Aggie-esque.  I've probably been called that before.  but it would make so much sense now in hindsight if he was "real Aggie."  I feel like Agent Kujan in "the Usual Suspects" except instead of discovering all the clues pointing to Soze's cleverness, it explains all of dcar00's idiocy and cult-like mentality.  

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

That reporter's response was basically "nuh uh!" I'm really starting to like this woman.

This one possible edge interpretation of one section of the bill could, under certain circumstances, be used to provide additional voting hours, assuming everyone in that R-controlled county/district choose to explicitly act against the default settings in the bill which of course will never happen but it COULD. See? It's a good bill, why are you guys such assholes?

Fuck these people.

• Hook 'Em 2

"Why is the President's twitter game so conventional and scripted?"

That's what a sitting Senior U.S. Senator from a major state wants to know?  

No shortage of lunatic elected officials tweeting all kinds of shit, John.  Have a look at that shit if you need it get hard for the Mrs.  

We've got members of your Congress, Senator Cornyn, tweeting about underage hookers, Jewish space lasers, and the locations of Congressional leadership during security lockdowns.  

How come the President isn't taking time off at one of his resorts?  What?  Well, why doesn't he have any resorts then?  What else is he hiding about his finances?  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

How come the President isn't taking time off at one of his resorts?  What?  Well, why doesn't he have any resorts then?  What else is he hiding about his finances?  

Yeah but he dares to go to Delaware on the weekends. The nerve. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

HAVE YOU SEEN JOE BIDEN'S WATCH????!!!!

Why does the President wear a watch that fits?

Dammit, you know I have a fascination with that watch.  Now you brought it up, not gonna get it outta me head until tomorrow.  

I'm just laughing today, Cornyn through media surrogates basically asking, "Why is our current President so pedestrian.  Make him do some fucked up shit so we can distract from Gaetz, Manhattan grand juries looking at Trump, and Don Jr. being unable to give an interview on anything less than 2 grams.

"Miss Psaki........why haven't more Cabinet-rank members resigning already from the Biden Administration?  Trump already had two by this point with several more to come in his first calendar year.  We demand answers.  Are they all sticking around as some sort of deep-state conspiracy?!?"  

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

HAVE YOU SEEN JOE BIDEN'S WATCH????!!!!

Why does the President wear a watch that fits?

You laugh, but wasn't that the big scandal on day one of the Biden administration? "OMG Biden is wearing a nice watch! How could he possibly afford that??".

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You laugh, but wasn't that the big scandal on day one of the Biden administration? "OMG Biden is wearing a nice watch! How could he possibly afford that??".

I didn't know, so I looked it up and you are correct! It was a $7000 dollar Rolex.

NIce watch. And it fits.