Jen Psaki is Good at this Job

Woland

On 1/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, aggie08 said:

I can honestly say that I've never heard beta used as a pejorative before 4 years ago. And I went to a school full of dudes lacking traditional masculine qualities, who tended to overcompensate and lash out at those of certain persuasions.

And then you remember who these guys hold up as the ultimate alpha--a litigious, all bark, no bite billionaire who sends out tweets with 4th grade playground insults--and it's truly one of the weirdest phenomenons of recent years.

it's all jordan peterson bullshit hierarchical thinking because lobsters have hierarchies or some such bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Somehow the reality hasn't set in that Democrats control the Senate.  Like before the GA runoffs, the conventional wisdom was assumed the GOP would keep the Senate and Joe Biden would have to kiss Susan Collins' feet on a daily basis to get anything passed.  Somehow, the media and Senate Republicans believe this to still be the case.

It is not the case. 

yeah, maybe i'm misreading the situation, or it's possible i've watched way too many episodes of the west wing, but here's my take on what's going on with the rescue plan:

-biden and dems have said this is their top priority, and "urgency" is their keyword

-they've made no secret of the fact that their concern isn't that it'll be too big, but that it'll be not enough

-now that they control the senate, the dems have made several references to reconciliation, a process i knew next to nothing about until about a week ago

-biden said he will try his best to work across the aisle

-10 gop senators realizing they may get left behind on this issue, wrote and signed a letter to biden

-biden has agreed to meet with them the following day (today)

knowing all of that, this seems like biden saying, "sure, i'll hear what they have to say".  but they've also said they're gonna walk in with a $600bb plan.  dems want $1.9tt.  this isn't like trump where he says things on twitter but goes months without actually speaking to pelosi, schumer, or mcconnell.

the reporters seem very concerned that the senators are going to walk out of that meeting with a signed deal for $601bb and call it a compromise.  if that happens, i'll happily endorse a move to 25th biden out of office.  that shit is not going to happen. 

but if you tell the world you're looking for bipartisan cooperation and unity, and you hold the house and senate, of course you take the meeting.  then when you push through legislation, you can say that you spoke to "concerned" gop senators, but their deal was not big enough for the people.  71% of americans want a plan like the one the dems are pushing.  we're on the right side of this.

this is what politics used to look like.  but fearing they may repeat mistakes made by obama's early years, i seriously doubt anyone is going to rollover just to say they cooperated.  i get that some democrats and many in the media are scared shitless, but i think it's safe to give him the benefit of the doubt on his first try here. 

if you take the meeting then pass your own bill, you're the good guys, and the republicans are the assholes who don't care about the american people.  if you don't take the meeting and pass your own bill, you're the assholes.

in short, the media really wants to create a story out of this, and i thought psaki did a great job of shutting that down before it got riled up.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

yeah, maybe i'm misreading the situation, or it's possible i've watched way too many episodes of the west wing, but here's my take on what's going on with the rescue plan:

-biden and dems have said this is their top priority, and "urgency" is their keyword

-they've made no secret of the fact that their concern isn't that it'll be too big, but that it'll be not enough

-now that they control the senate, the dems have made several references to reconciliation, a process i knew next to nothing about until about a week ago

-biden said he will try his best to work across the aisle

-10 gop senators realizing they may get left behind on this issue, wrote and signed a letter to biden

-biden has agreed to meet with them the following day (today)

knowing all of that, this seems like biden saying, "sure, i'll hear what they have to say".  but they've also said they're gonna walk in with a $600bb plan.  dems want $1.9tt.  this isn't like trump where he says things on twitter but goes months without actually speaking to pelosi, schumer, or mcconnell.

the reporters seem very concerned that the senators are going to walk out of that meeting with a signed deal for $601bb and call it a compromise.  if that happens, i'll happily endorse a move to 25th biden out of office.  that shit is not going to happen. 

but if you tell the world you're looking for bipartisan cooperation and unity, and you hold the house and senate, of course you take the meeting.  then when you push through legislation, you can say that you spoke to "concerned" gop senators, but their deal was not big enough for the people.  71% of americans want a plan like the one the dems are pushing.  we're on the right side of this.

this is what politics used to look like.  but fearing they may repeat mistakes made by obama's early years, i seriously doubt anyone is going to rollover just to say they cooperated.  i get that some democrats and many in the media are scared shitless, but i think it's safe to give him the benefit of the doubt on his first try here. 

if you take the meeting then pass your own bill, you're the good guys, and the republicans are the assholes who don't care about the american people.  if you don't take the meeting and pass your own bill, you're the assholes.

in short, the media really wants to create a story out of this, and i thought psaki did a great job of shutting that down before it got riled up.

They aren’t going to do much with the GOP proposal. Schumer called it unacceptable. Bernie won’t let it through Budget. It’s not like $1.9T is Senate Dems plan and Biden is going to cave to the GOP plan - its Joe’s plan.

As Psaki said, that’s the cost and it is what it is. He didn’t wake up one day and decide on $1.9T - all of the proposals he wanted got added up. And it’s acceptable to Senate Dems. 

41 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I'm not sure what's strange about it?  Cute face, big tits, and a brain.  Yes, please.

i have PTSD from living in DC after college. almost every chick there was so painfully bland and full of themselves. just massive sticks up their ass on top of not being particularly attractive.

jen ranks way up there on my meh scale.

• Hook 'Em 1

I say hold firm. The aid rolling out to Americans combined with aggressive vaccination and health care support may just be what kickstarts the spring into summer economy. The big 'if' seems to be keeping up with the mutations and virus efficacy, something that Fauci addressed in the COVID briefing that occurred right before Psaki's talk.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i have PTSD from living in DC after college. almost every chick there was so painfully bland and full of themselves. just massive sticks up their ass on top of not being particularly attractive.

The dynamic wasn't that different from the people who worked at the state Capitol here in Austin.  When I was younger, and my wife was tangentially involved in that legislative world, I remember going to events where a lot of girls who fancied themselves a LOT more attractive than they were acted all high and mighty, and introduced themselves as "I'm on so and so's staff."  Cool, I didn't ask that -- I asked what your name was.  IDGAF who you work for.  But to them, that was their entire identity -- who they worked for, where it fit in the hierarchy, etc.  Meh.

Edited by Brisketexan

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

She's 42 years old and a mom, so she's probably not trying to light your fire. That being said, Kayleigh McEnany is 32 and also a mom, and I'll be interested to see how it's going for her ten years from now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

She's 42 years old and a mom, so she's probably not trying to light your fire. That being said, Kayleigh McEnany is 32 and also a mom, and I'll be interested to see how it's going for her ten years from now.

She's going to make Kellyanne look like June Cleaver.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The dynamic wasn't that different from the people who worked at the state Capitol here in Austin.  When I was younger, and my wife was tangentially involved in that legislative world, I remember going to events where a lot of girls who fancied themselves a LOT more attractive than they were acted all high and mighty, and introduced themselves as "I'm on so and so's staff."  Cool, I didn't ask that -- I asked what your name was.  IDGAF who you work for.  But to them, that was their entire identity -- who they worked for, where it fit in the hierarchy, etc.  Meh.

when you don't get paid shit, the title or proximity to important people is all you have.

the entertainment business is very similar.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when you don't get paid shit, the title or proximity to important people is all you have.

the entertainment business is very similar.

Yes, plus the work/not work world is so intertwined in America that the lower you are in hierarchy, the harder it can be to not work when at a not work-work function. I get dragged to a variety of spouse events and I enjoy sitting and observing people, especially if the food and beverages are good. Mingle for a short while, then grab some munchies and find an out of the way spot that doesn't look standoffish and rude, but isn't in the middle of the babbling crowd.

15 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Goddammit.  I have to get some work done this afternoon and you've got me daydreaming about June.

MV5BNzc4MTQ3Njk5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTkw

Wally must have been conflicted as fuck.

He had no idea she spoke jive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am glad we have a functioning press secretary office again. Just get up there and tell the truth and don’t make up any response that you do not possess a firm answer to that is based in reality. Overall this is another check in the normal box and that is a good thing for us as a country. 

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Probably outta sell that jacked-up F250

It's got a sweet gunrack for my AR and tactical gear.  Got some of them rubber testicles hanging off the boat hitch, too.

spacer.png

Can't decide which is manly funnier. The nuts or the singing bass in my man cave.

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That’s a reprint from The Daily Beast, you know? It also pointed out that this was gasp! common in order to have the info reporters were interested in handy. In other words, to prevent having to “circle back.”

I love the attempts to generate controversy over providing timely information and transparency when the real question that should be asked is “why were lies and dishonesty for the past four years normalized?”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That’s a reprint from The Daily Beast, you know? It also pointed out that this was gasp! common in order to have the info reporters were interested in handy. In other words, to prevent having to “circle back.”

I love the attempts to generate controversy over providing timely information and transparency when the real question that should be asked is “why were lies and dishonesty for the past four years normalized?”

Whaaaaataboooout.....!!!!

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

What kills me about Space Force is the fact that the USAF had a Space Command.  This was a perfect illustration of Trump’s auto-fellatio.

Exactly. It was totally unnecessary. It was already covered. It was just another part of Trump’s reality tv show masquerading as a government.

SPAAAAAACE FOOOOOOOORCE!!!!!!

53 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Exactly. It was totally unnecessary. It was already covered. It was just another part of Trump’s reality tv show masquerading as a government.

SPAAAAAACE FOOOOOOOORCE!!!!!!

they moved a few boxes around on the org chart at the pentagon.  USAA had to spend more time re-recording voice overs for ads in response to the "new" branch.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

They are not even in the same discussion, and reds are my kryptonite. That said, Kayleigh probably going to burn out hard in less than a decade. Can’t stay that hot for that long. If only she wasn’t such a cunt.  New chick seems cool, not feeling the ooh’s and ahh’s though.  

7 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Whaaaaataboooout.....!!!!

Aaaaaaaand? You are asserting that my response is whataboutism since I mentioned the former administrations utter neglect of the form and purpose of a press briefing, thus breaking with a format that goes back for over a century and the current model which owes much of its standing to the 34th president tapping Hagerty (formerly of the NYT) for the role? Okay, whatever.

So, while the previous administration deserves a mention for its aberrant and abhorrent methods , the article confirms that standard press procedures are returning to the WH and that is a positive for the American people at large. All of which was contained in the bottom of the clickbait Daily Beast article after one's outrage meter was glowing.

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

They are not even in the same discussion, and reds are my kryptonite. That said, Kayleigh probably going to burn out hard in less than a decade. Can’t stay that hot for that long. If only she wasn’t such a cunt.  New chick seems cool, not feeling the ooh’s and ahh’s though.  

I am less concerned about looks, and really Kayleigh McEnany is not the vapid bottle blonde some people think she is. She wanted to go into media but couldn't break through and this was a way to do it. She is on the record as recognizing Trump's "downside" (understatement) but took the job anyway. It is okay to say, "I don't know," when speaking in the James S. Brady Briefing room. She went beyond that. If the argument is that she was doing her job,she was fulfilling the President's wishes, then so be it. But that should be recognized that was exactly what she was doing. Which is probably why she landed on Fox, the media outfit job she was seeking all along.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

She doesn't abide stupid questions. Just dunked on some dumbass bitch.

She handled that well; with the masks it is harder to identify some of the reporters I don't already recognize but I think that was one of the OAN crew. Psaki answered every single question or referred to the appropriate agency. At least one time she explained how something worked--she had mentioned in a prior briefing that explanation/education was one of their objectives.

• Hook 'Em 1