Most surprising thing from Trump era.

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 hour ago, fakebusiness said:

You can make an argument he did more for black men than Obama, Bush, or Clinton (which isn't saying much). Even a few Dems admitted there was a plan to stall the First Step Act until after the election because they didn't want Trump to receive credit for helping minorities. That isn't a conspiracy theory, that actually happened. 

Really? Make that argument.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I remember thinking “that’s cool“ when I heard Rex Tillerson was nominated to be secretary of state. An outsider perspective that might actually be interesting in some way. An actually competent person.  Of course that means he’d be reviled by Trump within weeks.  

Me too.  Former CEO of Exxon was an unconventional choice for secretary of state.  It didn't really make sense to me.  But okay, let's go with it.  The guy is competent and Trump did say he was going to be different, so...

When Tillerson said Trump was a moron it made me feel a little less crazy.  After that, I knew it wasn't just me and I could feel more sure I wasn't wrong.  Before that I was like the relative or friend of the girl with the guy that didn't seem to make sense.  "I don't know what she/they see in him, but that's their choice.  Maybe he'll turn out to be okay."  LOL.

The Capitol insurrection was shocking, sure, but something about seeing it coming weeks in advance takes it out of the running for me. The teargas church photo-op was way more out of left field and just as sinister.

TrumpCare going down in flames in the Senate. Now THAT was shocking to me. Oh, and BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

the church upside-down photo-op was especially strange, not because of the photo itself (which was bizarre watching a grown man learn how to hold a bible) but because of what the background conversation must have been leading up to that moment.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

the church upside-down photo-op was especially strange, not because of the photo itself (which was bizarre watching a grown man learn how to hold a bible) but because of what the background conversation must have been leading up to that moment.  

Wait, you think he actually discussed anything concerning that photo-op beforehand?

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ivanka grabbed a bible on her way out. I guess his plan was to just go over there and stand there.

Ivanka: Wait, Daddy, you should bring this 

Trump: what the fuck is that thing?

Someone mentioned Vidor upthread and it made me think of one of the very few shocking-but-in-a-good-way things that happened during the Trump era: Vidor had a BLM rally. That blew my mind. Hell, it still blows my mind.

went on a date with a girl from Vidor once. she was hot AF....cute little high-rise dress, thigh gap, she had it going on. so i picked her up, and being underage we went across to drink and dance in Vinton. had a blast.

on the way back we stopped at Whataburger to get some taquitos, and while we’re waiting on our order she reaches in her purse, pulls out a can of Copenhagen, digs a damn nice dip out with the lid, and then spits back in the can.

now this coonass has been putting a lip in for 40 years now. i’m no stranger by all means to that shit. but not once have expectorated back into my can.

i went limp as fuck after that...

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Ivanka grabbed a bible on her way out. I guess his plan was to just go over there and stand there.

Like Ivanka would have a bible just lying around. A Torah, maybe. Probably not even that.

They had to muster the National Guard to clear peaceful protestors out of Lafayette Square. They had to summon the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley (who later apologized for his role in the stunt). How many hours must have passed between the conception of the plan and its implementation? Wasn’t it Ivanka’s idea in the first place? I could be wrong about that but I think that’s what I read. I’m not sure I feel like combing through old bookmarks right now. But that wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment operation. It couldn’t possibly have been. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

16 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

went on a date with a girl from Vidor once. she was hot AF....cute little high-rise dress, thigh gap, she had it going on. so i picked her up, and being underage we went across to drink and dance in Vinton. had a blast.

on the way back we stopped at Whataburger to get some taquitos, and while we’re waiting on our order she reaches in her purse, pulls out a can of Copenhagen, digs a damn nice dip out with the lid, and then spits back in the can.

now this coonass has been putting a lip in for 40 years now. i’m no stranger by all means to that shit. but not once have expectorated back into my can.

i went limp as fuck after that...

So she dipped, and when she was done she put it back in the can as leftovers?  Or she was using the can with some tobacco still present as her dip cup?  I’m a little confused.  As an aside, I had just barely met this cute little petite thing my freshman year. Like 5’1” and 100 lbs. dripping wet.  It was Sunday (no dorm food) and she wanted to go get something to eat.  I told her my car was parked on the other side of the stadium.  She said hers was around the corner.  Ok, you’re driving.  She had a F350.  After dinner at Huts, she asked me for a dip.  She was unaware if I had that particular bad habit.  

So she dipped, and when she was done she put it back in the can as leftovers?  Or she was using the can with some tobacco still present as her dip cup?  I’m a little confused.  As an aside, I had just barely met this cute little petite thing my freshman year. Like 5’1” and 100 lbs. dripping wet.  It was Sunday (no dorm food) and she wanted to go get something to eat.  I told her my car was parked on the other side of the stadium.  She said hers was around the corner.  Ok, you’re driving.  She had a F350.  After dinner at Huts, she asked me for a dip.  She was unaware if I had that particular bad habit.  

she put her dip in with the lid and spit that first spit back in the can.

iow, she was a pro...

2 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

she put her dip in with the lid and spit that first spit back in the can.

iow, she was a pro...

I promise you I’m a pro, and I’ve never considered doing that.  And I’ve done some pretty ludicrous shit to get my dip on over the years.  I’ve recycled.  Not proud, but I’ve done it.   First spit in the can is something I can’t really comprehend.

That Mike Pence, way deep beneath it all, loved America more than he loved Trump. 

I fully expected him to refuse to do his duties post-election & make the situation even more of a full on nightmare. He could’ve easily done so and not lost one supporter. But he didn’t, and he made himself a villain to millions of delusional & angry people.
That surprised me way more than the capitol storming or anything else. Everything else was easy to see coming once you know how crazy & dumb these people are. Watching a member of that administration ultimately choose to do the right thing was truly shocking. 

I promise you I’m a pro, and I’ve never considered doing that.  And I’ve done some pretty ludicrous shit to get my dip on over the years.  I’ve recycled.  Not proud, but I’ve done it.   First spit in the can is something I can’t really comprehend.

agreed. i’m 53 and i’ve had a two can/week habit of Skoal Original Fine Cut for 40 years, so recycling is baby shit and expected when in a pinch.

but i haven’t ever done what she did. definitely lip curling...
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That Mike Pence, way deep beneath it all, loved America more than he loved Trump. 

I fully expected him to refuse to do his duties post-election & make the situation even more of a full on nightmare. He could’ve easily done so and not lost one supporter. But he didn’t, and he made himself a villain to millions of delusional & angry people.
That surprised me way more than the capitol storming or anything else. Everything else was easy to see coming once you know how crazy & dumb these people are. Watching a member of that administration ultimately choose to do the right thing was truly shocking. 

Yes, let’s praise Mike Pence for showing the character of not doing something he was powerless to do.

Fuck Mike Pence. If he could’ve stolen the election, he would have. He could’ve invoked the 25th Amendment but didn’t. He’s an incompetent moron who put my health at risk and lied to my face on tv while he did it.

He’s Sarah Palin with a dick. Nothing more. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

agreed. i’m 53 and i’ve had a two can/week habit of Skoal Original Fine Cut for 40 years, so recycling is baby shit and expected when in a pinch.

but i haven’t ever done what she did. definitely lip curling...

Was the theory that she wanted to keep it moist?

Was the theory that she wanted to keep it moist?

fuck if i know...didn’t ask. i just stared at my taquito and avoided all eye contact much less ask why she did that, deep in thought about how i was going to avoid vomiting in her mouth were she to get after me with a good night kiss.

fuck yeah i’m a hypocrite...so what. fucking line was crossed, mang.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Gotta say, the most surprising thing about the past 4 years is hearing UT fans begrudgingly thank Trump for essentially forcing them to not hire Mike Stoops. I did not have that one on my bingo card.

Sometimes you have to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

7 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

fuck if i know...didn’t ask. i just stared at my taquito and avoided all eye contact much less ask why she did that, deep in thought about how i was going to avoid vomiting in her mouth were she to get after me with a good night kiss.

fuck yeah i’m a hypocrite...so what. fucking line was crossed, mang.

We’re all hypocrites.  My wife grabbed the wrong water bottle while we we in the car on our honeymoon.  Still got laid.

Someone mentioned Vidor upthread and it made me think of one of the very few shocking-but-in-a-good-way things that happened during the Trump era: Vidor had a BLM rally. That blew my mind. Hell, it still blows my mind.
Lol my daughter and I had to make a run across the neches to the Vidor Wal Mart a few months ago. The whole time she was snapchatting her friends in Chicago about how she was in the actual place that inspired "3 billboards outside of Ebbing, MO"

She wanted me to take her to the billboard and it now reads "My daughter's life mattered"

Vidor Wal Mart, BTW, is brand spanking new and rivals Nordstrom in elegance.

The footage of the BLM rally there was surreal.

I've never seen a girl dip, though.

• 1 year later...