Class of 2022 QB Talk

On 5/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I had not seen MJ Morris before, but his tape is...fun

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10962566/5d6d01b3da511b0c8cec27f1

On 5/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, Machinator said:

Clown cant even handle the snap.  Serious red flag, hand size is a legit concern. No matter, I've moved on to ....checks list....Ty Simpson. Talk about a lock to flip. 100%. Probably only committed to Bama because he thought Sark was still there. 

If Ewers isn’t actively recruiting for Osu that’s a bad sign for them.  He clearly loves UT and committed to Herman because of that but when Herman shit himself Ewers probably said to himself I can’t stay with this Herman train.  Now he sees Sark is in charge and knows he can do well here.  I think he is biding his time before he flips back. I’ll go on record that this flip back to Texas is going to happen.  I haven’t been more sure of anything since I predicted Urban to Texas was a done deal.  That will be 9.99 no on second thought that will be 10.99.  Your welcome. 

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

this thread doesn't mean anything until the brisket recipes start.

Recipes? I guess we can discuss temps but it’s salt and pepper or gtfo. How much Tony’s and famous Dave’s rib rub do y’all think Riley put on his brisket?

2665CB11-A264-4A10-9D99-2F7B09EED6D9.jpeg

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Recipes? I guess we can discuss temps but it’s salt and pepper or gtfo. How much Tony’s and famous Dave’s rib rub do y’all think Riley put on his brisket?

How I learned to smoke brisket?

I googled Aaron Franklin smoked brisket recipe. That, and listening to friends who have smoked meat for years. 

And I've never had a dud. Ever. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I googled Aaron Franklin smoked brisket recipe. That, and listening to friends who have smoked meat for years. 

I mean, maybe not every brisket I've smoked is perfect - some are OK, some are pretty damn good - but I have never produced anything even close to as bad as that dried out lump of shit 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Salt and pepper is correct.

Pit temp is important.

The brisket is done when it is done.  Time doesn't matter.  

Stick it with a skewer and you will know if it is done or not.

If you can't tell if it's done when you stick it,  cook hamburgers and hot dogs not brisket.   

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I took Aaron Franklin’s master class and I have zero regrets. Brisket isn’t hard as long as you know what you’re doing. It’s hard to get it perfect but even my worst briskets were better than some shitty Rudy’s brisket and there is no way my first ever brisket, when I was a teenager,was even close to as bad as that Riley one

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Laga4 said:

Salt and pepper is correct.

Pit temp is important.

The brisket is done when it is done.  Time doesn't matter.  

Stick it with a skewer and you will know if it is done or not.

If you can't tell if it's done when you stick it,  cook hamburgers and hot dogs not brisket.   

Agreed, my only other note. Fat side up always 

Just now, RGBIII said:

Correct if in in an offset pit. 

Direct heat like a BGE or a UDS fat side down. 

It's a myth that the fat goes through a brisket and makes it more juicy,  it will drip down the side and ad some moisture in an offset.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:33 PM, RGBIII said:

Can't do that on my WSM or that shit'll dry TF up.

Related, though, from when I have done offset, I only did fat side up until it was wrapped and resting, then I had it fat side down so that what bark I did have wasn't sitting in a pool of juices.

My brisket yesterday turned out pretty good but FFS the flat took forfuckinever to probe tender. God shoulda make briskets one giant solid assed point (and normally all I smoke are larger points, but mother's day and all).

• Hook 'Em 3

Was at a party with a buckeye around the time of troy smith draft. We’re talking about Smith’s lack of height, and the buckeye says it’s not a problem, he met Troy and they were the same height, six foot even. Problem was, the buckeye was maybe 5-10.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...