girl kicker from vandy

coco

watson brown

david hasselhoff 

kanye west 

coleman fucking hutzler

blake gideon

scott derry

You left out Bea Arthur (and she's dead).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Non exhaustive list of people I’d prefer at lb coach:

tom herman

shaka smart

girl kicker from vandy

coco

watson brown

david hasselhoff 

kanye west 

coleman fucking hutzler

blake gideon

scott derry

Larry Macduff

I can't believe this shit. In what universe is "we'll let Coleman Hutzler walk to make room for Mike Stoops" considered anything other than complete insanity? Even if he wasn't a Stoops, even if he had never coached at OU, he's still an absolute prick with a TON of skeletons in his closest. On top of that, he's utter dog shit as a coach. This is an abject failure of a hire. It will (and should) completely flip the fanbase's view on Sark. Unbelievable. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

It will (and should) completely flip the fanbase's view on Sark.

Until I see us on the field next year nothing is going to flip my view of Sark. Which is that he has proven nothing at Texas and has yet to coach a game. We can evaluate staff hires all day long - ultimately it comes down to the product on the field. We won a national title with Greg Davis calling plays. Herman had a couple of great recruiting classes and overhauled his staff after 3 years and it wound up being the same old shit again. 

Is Mike Stoops a bad hire? Yes, probably. Does it make me clutch my pearls and weep for our future? Not really, because I don't know what our future under Sark looks like and have zero data points so far. If Sark sinks we now have exhibit A. If he swims then fuck it, Mike Stoops is our linebackers coach I guess. 

It is certainly a strange hire that is going to piss a lot of people off. I guess I'd be more pissed off if Sark was coming off of a 7-6 season or if he had made other poor staff hires. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, immamac said:

wait wait is it official?

6 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Either that or the bammer 9.95’s are trolling us late on a Thursday night. 

Seems more likely that we're being trolled, imho. One asshole out there is making this claim. I'll wait til it's official before I freak out.

5 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I can't believe this shit. In what universe is "we'll let Coleman Hutzler walk to make room for Mike Stoops" considered anything other than complete insanity? Even if he wasn't a Stoops, even if he had never coached at OU, he's still an absolute prick with a TON of skeletons in his closest. On top of that, he's utter dog shit as a coach. This is an abject failure of a hire. It will (and should) completely flip the fanbase's view on Sark. Unbelievable. 

What recruits/players will even listen to this washed up coach??  Think about it -- the gooners fired his ass after TEXAS kicked it all over the field.

How the Hell does CDC and Sark expect this shit to fly??

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Waddyswagon said:

Bob Stoops did not fire his brother Mike. Lincoln Riley fired Mike Stoops after the Texas game in 2018. He waited too long...should have fired him after the Rose Bowl semifinal game with Georgia 

Right. Bob didn't have to give his blessing before the 2018 season that Mike was to be judged on performance. Ok.

We celebrated when he was brought back to Norman. Acting like people would hate the hire only because of his name is dumb. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Right. Bob didn't have to give his blessing before the 2018 season that Mike was to be judged on performance. Ok.

I assumed Bob quit because he didn't have the balls to take Fredo out in the row boat?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

I assumed Bob quit because he didn't have the balls to take Fredo out in the row boat?

That was rumored to be part of it, but I don't think it was a major factor. He was done. 

But he absolutely was why Riley kept him on. And once he wasn't protecting Mike anymore it was over. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to WE DID IT - Mike Stoops Fired