Look at this little titty baby (I Moved My Family to Austin and Regretted It)

Celery Man

On 2/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

So, please y'all, tell us why you love Austin. I'm all ears.

Austin isn't what it used to be.  It's true.  But there is still a great live music scene, great restaurants, all kinds of outdoor stuff, Longhorn games, and a bunch of hot women.  There are only a handful of places I'd even consider leaving for, and you probably don't live in one of them.

Despite the changes, if nothing else, any red-blooded Texas male should acknowledge the pool of hot ass in Austin.  The town is just brimming with beautiful women of all age groups, races, and lifestyles.  It's just ridiculous.  Before pandemic, I'm all across the state for work and yes---the state is more attractive than most---but let's just be honest.......the women of Texas are coming in hefty.  It's a husky, husky state.  Even the "hot" suburban milfs from the Metroplex to Houston to San Antonio are easily coming in at 150-160#.  But Austin brings the fit, ample game from ages 20-60 every damn day and by the tens and tens of thousands.  There isn't a stoplight in Austin that doesn't have a beautiful, fit woman at it.  Whereas in most of Texas, there ain't a stoplight that doesn't have a Texas woman eating her way through a large sized combo meal.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Despite the changes, if nothing else, any red-blooded Texas male should acknowledge the pool of hot ass in Austin.  The town is just brimming with beautiful women of all age groups, races, and lifestyles.  It's just ridiculous.  Before pandemic, I'm all across the state for work and yes---the state is more attractive than most---but let's just be honest.......the women of Texas are coming in hefty.  It's a husky, husky state.  Even the "hot" suburban milfs from the Metroplex to Houston to San Antonio are easily coming in at 150-160#.  But Austin brings the fit, ample game from ages 20-60 every damn day and by the tens and tens of thousands.  There isn't a stoplight in Austin that doesn't have a beautiful, fit woman at it.  Whereas in most of Texas, there ain't a stoplight that doesn't have a Texas woman eating her way through a large sized combo meal.  

As a weekly flyer across the country, I agree with most of this.
However, 150 on 5’8”-5’9” on a very rude frame, would work for most red-blooded American males. Warlocks and nalgas add to the weight my good man. 

Not to Vic Mackey up the thread, but a healthy Latina or Lebanese with that set up... I would be getting my falafel taco on. 

i think it's different if you lived here, moved away for some time, then came back...versus those of us that have been here the whole time.

the changes have been more gradual and easier to adapt than if you were gone for 20 years and come back expecting it to be like it was in college. 

property taxes aside, living in north-central city proper has been pretty awesome. we have a bit of an 'urban oasis' thing going, and pre-covid life was pretty busy and social and active. downtown has felt vibrant and energetic. our area feels sufficiently diverse...i mean, there are outrageously priced single family homes, but there's also plenty of ethnic neighborhoods, restaurants, etc. in easy walking distance.

the heat, taxes, and traffic are the biggest drawbacks...but we're planning a move to CO in near future primary to deal with the first item...as a native Texan, i'm just tired of being HOT all the time lol.

i'll say this... there isn't another city/town in Texas that i would live in. 

i've felt a bit of nostalgia for some places that have been lost over time...but then i ask myself 'when was the last time i actually went to the Poodle Dog?' (or wherever) and i realize...i obviously didn't really care that much lol.

it's definitely more yuppy than previous years...but that's not a demo we have to interact with much so it doesn't bother much. 

i guess i'm saying i've seen and acknowledge 'Austin's changed, man!'...but it hasn't been all bad 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I remember going to church at Our Lady of Guadalupe on Sunday morning.... and the hookers were still on 11th St working. Sorry no pics. Don’t worry, none of them looked like Julia Roberts. 

Ben’s Long Branch was across the street from the hookers and he had a good lunch special. Now some mediocre BBQ place is there now. Yeah, I said it. Fight me. 

step brothers ryan GIF

It ain't hard to cook a good brisket.  Neither are ribs.

He brings up a good point though, the people that complain the most about these iconic joints closing down (pre-Covid) were the people that either don't live here or do still live here and never venture out of a 2-mile radius of their home.  

I wanted to try to seem like I cared when Poodle Dog closed but truth was, I hadn't been there in 15-20 years.  But a place like Shady Grove closes, we mourned it.  For years, we'd ride our bikes from the neighborhood down every Thursday there to watch the live music series in April & May and sit and have beers and dinner.  Dart Bowl was kinda somewhere in the middle, we'd make a trek once a year or so for bowling or a party or just to grab enchiladas.  So we miss it in a way.  But more and more Austinites lose sleep over a B.J.'s Brewhouse or Fuddrucker's closing than they do an actual authentic Austin joint going under.  

2 hours ago, freyguy said:

step brothers ryan GIF

It ain't hard to cook a good brisket.  Neither are ribs.

For real. I have ONE family member that tried that brisket. He was our guinea pig and that was his feedback. I trust him on that, as he’s in the top tier of relatives that makes a mean brisket. The rest of just don’t care to get all hyped to try brisket at a place. 
That’s like asking us which Mexican restaurant has the best tortillas and waiting in line for it. 
If we want brisket or tortillas, we just make them ourselves. It ain’t nothing new or a “delicacy” for us.

Used to be, growing up, that brisket was “throw away meat” and we paid $.10/pound. Same with fajita, menudo, barbacoa (cow cheek meat), etc. They were all cheap products. 
Now some people have decreed them “delicacy,” and jack up prices for what poor people would buy to stretch a dollar. 
What’s next, tripas?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He brings up a good point though, the people that complain the most about these iconic joints closing down (pre-Covid) were the people that either don't live here or do still live here and never venture out of a 2-mile radius of their home.  

I wanted to try to seem like I cared when Poodle Dog closed but truth was, I hadn't been there in 15-20 years.  But a place like Shady Grove closes, we mourned it.  For years, we'd ride our bikes from the neighborhood down every Thursday there to watch the live music series in April & May and sit and have beers and dinner.  Dart Bowl was kinda somewhere in the middle, we'd make a trek once a year or so for bowling or a party or just to grab enchiladas.  So we miss it in a way.  But more and more Austinites lose sleep over a B.J.'s Brewhouse or Fuddrucker's closing than they do an actual authentic Austin joint going under.  

Dart Bowl enchiladas slam and go hard.