Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

Maybe give PK the right to replace some defensive assistants other than BO, with stipulation of 2yr contracts only...   

Details of contracts for Texas Assistants:  

• DC Pete Kwiatkowski got a 3-year deal at $1.7 million per year with no annual raise
  • OC/OL coach Kyle Flood: 3 years — $1 million (2021), $1.175 million (2022), $1.25 million (2023)
  • ST/TEs coach Jeff Banks: 3 years — $1 million (2021), $1.05 million (2022), $1.1 million (2023)
  • DL coach Bo Davis: 3 years — $875,000 (2021), $900,000 (2022), $925,000 (2023)
  • Pass game coordinator/CBs coach Terry Joseph: 2 years — $750,000 (2021), $800,000 (2022)
  • Running Game Coordinator/RBs coach Stan Drayton received a 2-year deal at $650,000 per year
  • Co-DC/ILBs coach Jeff Choate: 2 years — $500,000 (2021), $575,000 (2022)
  • WRs coach Andre Coleman: 2 years — $450,000 (2021), $500,000 (2022)
  • Safeties coach Blake Gideon: 2 years — $400,000 (2021), $425,000 (2022)
  • QBs Coach AJ Milwee    (unavailable)

Head strength coach Torre Becton: 2 years — $500,000 (2021), $525,000 (2022)

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe give PK the right to replace some defensive assistants other than BO, with stipulation of 2yr contracts only...   

• DC Pete Kwiatkowski got a 3-year deal at $1.7 million per year with no annual raise
  • OC/OL coach Kyle Flood: 3 years — $1 million (2021), $1.175 million (2022), $1.25 million (2023)
  • ST/TEs coach Jeff Banks: 3 years — $1 million (2021), $1.05 million (2022), $1.1 million (2023)
  • DL coach Bo Davis: 3 years — $875,000 (2021), $900,000 (2022), $925,000 (2023)
  • Pass game coordinator/CBs coach Terry Joseph: 2 years — $750,000 (2021), $800,000 (2022)
  • Running Game Coordinator/RBs coach Stan Drayton received a 2-year deal at $650,000 per year

Jesus, no man - you don't give someone with the judgement of PK the power decide anything. He could fuck up a free lunch.   

Edited by bschoolprof

6 hours ago, dcar00 said:

He coached in the PAC 12 and at Bosie State.  is that not obvious?  he coached in a pussy football league for years.

but ADJUSTED STATS!

what the fuck is the Big 12? He sucks and should be fired today but talking shit about another conference when we play in the Big 12 is fucking retarded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Highway robbery of the University of Texas. With consent of course. Is there one coach in that list that is coming close to justifying their salary? Drayton, Coleman maybe?

34 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

The dude that caught the reception on the game winning 2 pt conversion had never played on offense before. For Kansas. 

But it’s a talent issue!!!

Before the play, I told my wife, "they're going to jump pass it to 47."

Then he went in motion from left to right and I said, "Game over. He's wide open."

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Before the play, I told my wife, "they're going to jump pass it to 47."

Then he went in motion from left to right and I said, "Game over. He's wide open."

and our pass rusher is throwing his arms up in the air trying to get a holding call, in the Big 12, instead of fighting through it.

8 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

I still truly don’t understand how PKs track record hasnt translated at all here. I also don’t understand how before tonight, our defense was excellent in 1st halves and so bad in 2nd. 

What I do know is that PK has to be fired along with several others from that side of the ball.

If the Mackovic dynamic is what is happening it will not matter who we hire. Mackovic could have hired Stoops and made him one of the worst DCs in the country with all his meddling.

Edited by DanTheHorn

8 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Schooler.  This guy plays safety for us.  Schooler.  IMO, that's fireable in itself.  And I haven't even gotten to Brock, Bush, and a few others. 

Yes, I know.  Devoid of talent, overrated recruits, etc... But, there's no excuse for Kansas to come in off two games in which they scored 3 and 10 points AND SCORE 57 FUCKING POINTS AGAINST THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.  I've always been at the lower end of the Surly-overeact-fire-someone-now posse, but Jesus.  57 points.

He needs to be gone tomorrow morning.

In fairness the guy that caused us to have to turn to Schooler to start was fired. Now I don't know what you are watching, but Schooler is one of the few guys on defense that is giving everything he has. I don't question his want to or effort. He's the least of the issues for me on defense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The defense looked like they had their first practice Friday afternoon,  9 games in, or is it 10? and they still looked lost. There's not elite talent on defense, but holy shit you can't stop Kansas? You can't get off the field against Kansas?  

Another game where I go WFT too as to the issue(s). We had to have had 30+ missed tackles in this game. If you can't tackle at this point who more at fault? Most players have had 7-10 years of practice at it. But obviously we need to spend/waste more time on daily as they can't do it yet. Both at fault here, but I blame coaching evaluations on it too. People don't forget how to tackle, its a matter of do you know or can you learn how.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Look at those salaries, with that product that is out on the field. I should have gone into coaching, shit.  

• Haha 1

In fairness the guy that caused us to have to turn to Schooler to start was fired. Now I don't know what you are watching, but Schooler is one of the few guys on defense that is giving everything he has. I don't question his want to or effort. He's the least of the issues for me on defense.

People are dipshits. There’s really no point in singling out any defender. None of them are really doing their job. But you’re right Schooler has been playing hard the last two weeks. I do question why the noticeable increase in effort though compared to the first 8 games. Jerrin T has actually played better the last two weeks too.

8 hours ago, RichUT said:

A worse hire than Bobby Jack Wright. That was utterly incomprehensible to me before now, but here we are.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.  Here's something interesting:

Wright has more Big 12 championship rings than any other player or coach in conference history.

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

If he is not canned then this program is officially dead.  Manny Diaz is laughing at this “defense”.

What a hit parade of DCs.

If you keep PK (and I’m not arguing that we they should), you HAVE to go get Jimmy Lake when UW cans him. Have him coach safeties and be the pass defense coordinator. That (and of course a talent infusion) is the only thing I see turning this around on D. Those two guys just seem like they create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Then you have this fucking clown :

He's been defending Sark and his staff throughout this entire 5 game fucking losing streak. If only Texas wasn't in the position to be in a fucking 50 point dogfight with an 1-8 team where it came down to a failed WR playing S (poorly I might add) his first year having to make a play at the end of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly, we should have never had Chris Ash, Hutzler, and Giles go.  They were all very good coaches.  We should have fired Mark Hagen and Valai and brought in Bo Davis and another secondary coach.  We fired a pretty good DC and position coaches for this bullshit.  I watched Giles coach 3 players to Big 12 DL of the year.  I watched Hutzler turn our LB corps last year from shit to workable.  And I watched Chris Ash take simplify the game plan and utilize players to their strengths.  Who here think PK has done that.  

I also think this is the laziest pushiest group of defensive players I have ever seen.  They should have their Texas letter last stripped of them simply for being quitters.  Besides Schooler, who sucks btw, no one else even put 50% effort in that game and you could see it. UNACCEPTABLE!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Cool.  Effort.  As in, Schooler effortlessly dropped the game winning interception, then couldn't cover a guy that looks like he prob runs a 5.2 forty.

The entire defense sucks.  Foster is a pussy.  Our d linemen apparently don't see the inside of a weight room.  Brock is slower than me.  But Schooler stood out to me individually because of his OT play(s) last night.

Is fuckstick K fired yet?

19 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Honestly, we should have never had Chris Ash, Hutzler, and Giles go.  They were all very good coaches.  We should have fired Mark Hagen and Valai and brought in Bo Davis and another secondary coach.  We fired a pretty good DC and position coaches for this bullshit.  I watched Giles coach 3 players to Big 12 DL of the year.  I watched Hutzler turn our LB corps last year from shit to workable.  And I watched Chris Ash take simplify the game plan and utilize players to their strengths.  Who here think PK has done that.  

I also think this is the laziest pushiest group of defensive players I have ever seen.  They should have their Texas letter last stripped of them simply for being quitters.  Besides Schooler, who sucks btw, no one else even put 50% effort in that game and you could see it. UNACCEPTABLE!

The red flags were here from day one.  When the position coaches were hired before the DC, we should have seen what was coming but was to busy drinking the kool aid.  Now, I don't think anybody could have envisioned it being this bad, but here we are.  And if the rumors of Sark could of gotten Arnett, but BMD's said NO because he wasn't a big name (which honestly sounds about right) then this program really is a clown show.  Aggy is going to kick Texas's ass at least the first 2-3 times we play them.  Maybe that'll get the boosters attention. But I wouldn't bet on it as long as the $$$ is rolling in.  Haven't watched the last three games and damn sure ain't watching the last two.  Well, maybe the last one because wife (no pics) is a K-State grad and her family will be here.  If nothing else I'll get to see what a well coached team looks like.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

This motherfucker makes 1,700,000 dollars per year for this horseshit. He made about $150K for this game.  We could literally have the players call their own defense better than this.  

We need to stop paying coaches 5 million a year, 1 million a year, etc until they, idk. ACTUALLY PROVE THEY ARE WORTH A FUCK!  They get here and make more than they ever have and just fucking coast because they are set for life now.  Pay them once they prove they can actually do the fucking job.

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Cool.  Effort.  As in, Schooler effortlessly dropped the game winning interception, then couldn't cover a guy that looks like he prob runs a 5.2 forty.

The entire defense sucks.  Foster is a pussy.  Our d linemen apparently don't see the inside of a weight room.  Brock is slower than me.  But Schooler stood out to me individually because of his OT play(s) last night.

Is fuckstick K fired yet?

Schooler is basically Dylan Haines part II.   He isn't there because he is the best, but he is the best we have.   That is the eye-opening part.   If Sark doesn't his the portal and recruit better players instead of stars then he might not even get 3 years.

• Hook 'Em 3

Schooler is basically Dylan Haines part II.   He isn't there because he is the best, but he is the best we have.   That is the eye-opening part.   If Sark doesn't his the portal and recruit better players instead of stars then he might not even get 3 years.

True

As bad as our OL is, this defense is the worst in school history 

True

The sad thing is we didn't even need above average defense this year.  With a defense that was lacking playmakers but was at least competent we would be sitting at 8-2.  My assumption at this point is that even the players who are trying hard don't have trust in what they are being coached to do.

• Hook 'Em 4

I've been concerned with the gashing runs since week 1 and thought it would get fixed by the end of the year.  Damn it got worse and worse.  Pre snap alignments are frustrating as hell.  Kansas didn't do anything special in the run game, PK just lines the defense up and allows the OL and TEs to get to second level at ease.  He should be gone today, but it just sucks for these guys to have to learn another scheme.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Dylan was twice as talented as Schooler, now that's still not a big number

23 minutes ago, Yesh said:

The sad thing is we didn't even need above average defense this year.  With a defense that was lacking playmakers but was at least competent we would be sitting at 8-2.  My assumption at this point is that even the players who are trying hard don't have trust in what they are being coached to do.

Exactly. Watch how many times last night the players were unsure what to do on defense pre-snap. Finger pointing, shifting, not clear on alignments or assignments, etc.  It's no wonder there are so many blown coverages in the secondary.  

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Dylan was twice as talented as Schooler, now that's still not a big number

I agree with this and Dylan Haines may have been the worst player I have seen play for the Horns in the last 35 years.  That is what blows my mind.  We have a guy starting in the secondary that is so much worse than the worst player this team has fielded in the last 35 years.  My question for those of you that know the whole roster of this team.  Are there better players behind Schooler that should be playing but PK won’t let them?  Same question for Brock.  The reason we get gashed by the run is because I haven’t seen a D lineman on this team get off a block all year and Brock gets washed out by anyone close to him that comes to block him.  Not saying I am a fan of PK as I really don’t know that much about him but I don’t see scheme issues like I did with Orlando or Diaz.  We are not blitzing a safety 20 yards off the line of scrimmage or shit like that.  I see our players in position to fill a hole and they are not physically capable of doing it and making the tackle.  I see guys missing tackles because they aren’t fast and strong enough to get the right angle or bring the guy down.    

I guess I am one of the few on this board that is willing to give Sark and PK a pass right now BUT if Brock is starting next year then they should fire all of them after the first loss.  That shows me the coaches aren’t capable of brining in any talent if we still have guys like that starting.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Longhorn Gordo said:

I've been concerned with the gashing runs since week 1 and thought it would get fixed by the end of the year.  Damn it got worse and worse.  Pre snap alignments are frustrating as hell.  Kansas didn't do anything special in the run game, PK just lines the defense up and allows the OL and TEs to get to second level at ease.  He should be gone today, but it just sucks for these guys to have to learn another scheme.  

Most of it is because half our D lines up 10-15 yards from the line of scrimmage, and at the snap, half of those guys are bailing out even farther.  Not sure why PK was so worried about KU burning us deep.  Every other team blows up our WR screens because defenders are all sitting there in tight coverage and to make matters worse, we can't block for shit.  But when it's run against us, our guy is 10 yards away by the time the ball is caught...it's maddening.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Most of it is because half our D lines up 10-15 yards from the line of scrimmage, and at the snap, half of those guys are bailing out even farther.  Not sure why PK was so worried about KU burning us deep.  Every other team blows up our WR screens because defenders are all sitting there in tight coverage and to make matters worse, we can't block for shit.  But when it's run against us, our guy is 10 yards away by the time the ball is caught...it's maddening.

This. Pk needs to read the room. Maybe he bought into the internet Meme that the Big 12 has great offenses and QBs. QB play in this league is pretty poor. Make the shitty QBs beat you over the top. Most the teams in this league are run first. That is what you have to take away. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

100%.  Sark's future will be determined by what he does in the offseason in the portal.  If he doesnt take it seriously and completely replace the entire O line and D line, hes fucking toast. 

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

We need to stop paying coaches 5 million a year, 1 million a year, etc until they, idk. ACTUALLY PROVE THEY ARE WORTH A FUCK!  They get here and make more than they ever have and just fucking coast because they are set for life now.  Pay them once they prove they can actually do the fucking job.

The ricky Williams plan. But seriously that is never going to happen. You just price in the potential buyout after 4.

I agree with this and Dylan Haines may have been the worst player I have seen play for the Horns in the last 35 years.  That is what blows my mind.  We have a guy starting in the secondary that is so much worse than the worst player this team has fielded in the last 35 years.  My question for those of you that know the whole roster of this team.  Are there better players behind Schooler that should be playing but PK won’t let them?  Same question for Brock.  The reason we get gashed by the run is because I haven’t seen a D lineman on this team get off a block all year and Brock gets washed out by anyone close to him that comes to block him.  Not saying I am a fan of PK as I really don’t know that much about him but I don’t see scheme issues like I did with Orlando or Diaz.  We are not blitzing a safety 20 yards off the line of scrimmage or shit like that.  I see our players in position to fill a hole and they are not physically capable of doing it and making the tackle.  I see guys missing tackles because they aren’t fast and strong enough to get the right angle or bring the guy down.    
I guess I am one of the few on this board that is willing to give Sark and PK a pass right now BUT if Brock is starting next year then they should fire all of them after the first loss.  That shows me the coaches aren’t capable of brining in any talent if we still have guys like that starting.  

Do you realize your mental limitations?

Haines isn’t the worst player of the last 35 years. Probably not even close.

And Schooler is probably significantly more talented than Haines. Has played snaps on both sides of the ball at two major colleges. You can’t pull that off without some talent. His brother is a legit LB at two major colleges, which might lead one to believe there’s some talent in the family.

Production or the lack thereof is totally different than lack of talent. He didn’t play DB last year. He’s in a new scheme. He has double digit tackles in the last two games. He didn’t get the majority of snaps in either Arkansas or OU. He’s playing faster but who knows why.

And on two point conversion who knows whether that’s his responsibility. What I can tell you there’s one other player that didn’t do Jack and could have made the play and another was somewhat slow to react then may have chosen poorly.

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?