Tacoma PD runs over pedestrian at street race rally

boknowstecmo

https://twitter.com/jasonjgauthier/status/1353185183512465410?s=20

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/pedestrian-run-over-by-tacoma-police-officer-surrounded-by-crowd/L5RO4UWXYNEKVOCEC2PP3XBOWA/

A Tacoma police officer whose SUV was surrounded by a crowd was seen on camera running over a pedestrian Saturday night.

The incident was captured on camera and distributed on social media.

Tacoma police officer Wendy Haddow said officers were called to Ninth South and Pacific where cars were blocking the intersection and doing burnouts and doughnuts. A crowd of about 100 people had gathered to watch.

A Tacoma police officer who arrived soon found himself surrounded by people who were banging on the windows and SUV in a threatening way, Haddow said. Some of the SUV’s windows may have been broken.

As the officer tried to move out of the crowd, he backed up, but was unable to get out, so he drove forward.

Haddow said she believed one person fell as the SUV moved forward and was run over. She said one person was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.

Edited by boknowstecmo

• boknowstecmo changed the title to Tacoma PD runs over pedestrian at street race rally
34 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Cop should be arrested immediately.  

Figured this it was a joke until I saw who wrote it. Fuck off with that shit.  Any crowd that surrounds any vehicle and starts banging on the windows deserves what happens next.  Fuck around and find out.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Did he die tho?

Does it matter? Cop was clearly using lethal force with his vehicle. He even backed up to achieve ramming speed.  If this was one of our soldiers in Iraq mowing down a bunch of disgruntled civilians with his hummer, I wonder what the reaction would be?  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
Regarded
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Does it matter? Cop was clearly using lethal force with his vehicle.  He even backed up to achieve ramming speed.  If this was one of our soldiers in Iraq mowing down a bunch of disgruntled civilians with his hummer, I wonder what the reaction would be?  

Yeah just watched the vid. Not good.

And to everyone saying the crowd is dumb and deserved it, they're a crowd of random idiots.....he's a cop, he should be a pro. I'm not sure what he thought he was doing lone wolfing it into that crowd with seemingly no backup....but he created a dangerous situation for himself and obviously others. It ended badly.

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, some pissed off people banging on a vehicle definitely deserve to get murdered by law enforcement.  Y’all are some psychos. 

Yes. Just some peaceful intimidation by a mostly peaceful mob. He should really wait until they drag him out or throw a Molotov cocktail in the car before he thinks of defending himself. He probably stopped the American Revolution part 3. 

Hope it buffs out. Don’t pick fights with trucks. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

he's a cop, he should be a pro. I'm not sure what he thought he was doing lone wolfing it into that crowd with seemingly no backup....but he created a dangerous situation for himself and obviously others. It ended badly.

She. Lone female cop in the vehicle.

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, some pissed off people banging on a vehicle definitely deserve to get murdered by law enforcement.  Y’all are some psychos. 

And you think it was just going to stop with banging once the glass was broken, and somebody started reaching inside ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not sure what he thought he was doing lone wolfing it into that crowd with seemingly no backup....but he created a dangerous situation for himself and obviously others. It ended badly.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

She. Lone female cop in the vehicle.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

I stand corrected. Seems like she found herself in a bad situation quickly and panicked.

200.gif

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Does it matter? Cop was clearly using lethal force with her vehicle. She even backed up to achieve ramming speed.  If this was one of our soldiers in Iraq mowing down a bunch of disgruntled civilians with her hummer, I wonder what the reaction would be?  

The SUV driving cop was a dude.  The person he ran over was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

Did you even bother reading the article?