2021 NASCAR thread

Prepuce of Doom

Should be an interesting season.  I hope we start to have practices and qualifying again - made various fantasy games a real challenge last year.

Larson is back, Bubba and MJ pairing up, no more Jimmie or Bowyer, typical shitty driver moves by Joe Gibbs, Harvick and KyBu both having disappointing seasons last year, etc.

If anyone is interested in a weekly "fantasy football" style league (drivers are split into three groups - small top tier, large midgroup, and a huge list of backmarkers/one-off racers; pick a new lineup each week, you can only use a driver 8x throughout the whole season, etc.), please let me know.  I've run this the past few years, and it's usually been a $30 per entry, winner-take-all deal with a small number of participants (I think the most I've had is 5 total?) but it's fun.  Shoot me a PM and/or post here...

Also, if anyone is interested in a different sort of fantasy pool where you have to pick one driver per week and you can't use anyone twice (picks are made on a weekly basis, not all at once at the beginning of the season!), please hit me or @Jim Krivacs up either here in the thread or via PM.  We're thinking of making it $150 per person for the whole season.  It's been $100 per with about 10-12 participants in the past, but we've had a couple of folks drop out this season due to money getting tight during Covid, so we've got fewer people committed to it right now than we usually do.  Last year with 11 participants, I took first and about $650, second got $300, and third took $150.  We're all reaching out to our own personal networks, so if this is something that might interest you (and it's a great way to make NASCAR fun again!) please respond sooner than later.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 11:23 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Should be an interesting season.  I hope we start to have practices and qualifying again - made various fantasy games a real challenge last year.

Larson is back, Bubba and MJ pairing up, no more Jimmie or Bowyer, typical shitty driver moves by Joe Gibbs, Harvick and KyBu both having disappointing seasons last year, etc.

If anyone is interested in a weekly "fantasy football" style league (drivers are split into three groups - small top tier, large midgroup, and a huge list of backmarkers/one-off racers; pick a new lineup each week, you can only use a driver 8x throughout the whole season, etc.), please let me know.  I've run this the past few years, and it's usually been a $30 per entry, winner-take-all deal with a small number of participants (I think the most I've had is 5 total?) but it's fun.  Shoot me a PM and/or post here...

Also, if anyone is interested in a different sort of fantasy pool where you have to pick one driver per week and you can't use anyone twice (picks are made on a weekly basis, not all at once at the beginning of the season!), please hit me or @Jim Krivacs up either here in the thread or via PM.  We're thinking of making it $150 per person for the whole season.  It's been $100 per with about 10-12 participants in the past, but we've had a couple of folks drop out this season due to money getting tight during Covid, so we've got fewer people committed to it right now than we usually do.  Last year with 11 participants, I took first and about $650, second got $300, and third took $150.  We're all reaching out to our own personal networks, so if this is something that might interest you (and it's a great way to make NASCAR fun again!) please respond sooner than later.

last chance...currently at 11 teams, $850 to the winner

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Don’t really do much nascar but can’t believe it’s been 20 years since Dale.  I watched it live I won’t forget it because it seemed so “regular” in terms of crashes. But damn 2 decades in an instant 

Isn’t that the damn truth. 

On 2/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, Jshep34 said:

Is there anyone that looks forward to races at homestead. Cant remember a exciting race there in years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I do, but I used to live in Miami and have seen many races there (my favorites are probably the IndyCar races when Marlboro gave free tickets and a bunch of swag to everyone on their mailing list) so I might be biased. 

Nowadays I enjoy watching Larson (and Reddick) run the high line. 

The progressive banking distinguishes it from all the other true cookie cutter tracks, and it's nowhere near the most boring track on the recent schedules in my opinion. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 8:35 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

This will be fucking awesome.

I will be there and cannot wait. I am going the weekend before to see the dirtnationals. I watched a practice session and one of the super late models was already turning a faster lap running the in the 15 second range and doing 127 mph. They will get faster as track gets better and teams figure out setup. 

15 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

I will be there and cannot wait. I am going the weekend before to see the dirtnationals. I watched a practice session and one of the super late models was already turning a faster lap running the in the 15 second range and doing 127 mph. They will get faster as track gets better and teams figure out setup. 

Any of y'all going to see the WoO at Cotton Bowl? Got my tickets yesterday. My 17 yo is pumped.

2019 ... rained out. 2020 ... Covid'd. 2021... snowed out, but rescheduled for Spring Break. I hate to see what mother nature's gonna throw at it next.

Edited by wood