2021 NASCAR thread

Prepuce of Doom

Likely nothing of consequence happens to Hamlin. I don't think that his championship chances should be fucked with over that, but maybe parking him for the 500 next season might be appropriate. He's such a jerkoff tittybaby regardless though. 

Pretty disappointed that KyBu felt the need to call Kez's move "retarded" though. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/article255440116.html

NASCAR will require Cup Series driver Kyle Busch to complete sensitivity training before the start of next season as a result of language he used that violates NASCAR’s member conduct guidelines. Busch said the R-word, a derogatory term for individuals with intellectual disabilities, when speaking to media members Sunday after a dramatic playoff race at Martinsville Speedway. Busch was eliminated from postseason contention and was frustrated with how driver Brad Keselowski raced him.

“It’s frickin’ (R-word), man, and so stupid,” Busch said in a clip posted by NBC Sports reporter Dustin Long that was widely circulated. “I don’t understand these guys. I should beat the s--- out of him right now is what I should do, but that doesn’t do me any good either.”

Why the hell would Busch say that in front of NASCAR fans?  He clearly doesn't know how to read the room.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, Jshep34 said:

Also think nascar should go back to the let drivers have at it. Nascar needs bad guys.

Yep.  They need bad guys, but they have too whiny man-babies.

I have no idea how you capture the attitude/personalities of the good ole bad guys, or even the newer bad guys like Stewart and Johnson.  The current crop of "bad guys" are just pricks you don't want to hang out with.

Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, Jshep34 said:

So who yall got to win the title? Id like to see Larson, heck of driver. Anyone but Hamlin.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm a big Elliott fan. If he doesn't win it I'd like to see Larson. He has had one hell of a season. Hamlin is a pussy. Truex is just a likeable dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand the format, but anyone other than Larson winning it will be kind of a hollow victory in my opinion. He's had a hell of a season, far beyond anything anyone else has done. 

Truex lost me with his anti-vax shit, Hamlin is a cunt, and I find Chase dull and boring, though I didn't follow NASCAR back when his dad raced so I don't have that rooting interest in him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fun fact, in 1985 Bill Elliott got 11 wins (including winning The Winston Million with the Daytona 500, Talladega, and Darlington), Darrell Waltrip got 3 wins, and guess who won the fucking championship.  I feel like I should plug that into a spreadsheet with today's format and see where they would end up.

Here is an awesome photo from 1985.  It has Bobby Allison, Bobby Hillin, Cale Yarborough, Terry Labonte and Bill Elliott.

1985NASCARDriversAtPocono.jpg

And Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip, even Bobby Allison at times, were "bad guys" and you'd still want to have a beer with them.  The current crop of "bad guys"...not so much.

On 11/5/2021 at 9:21 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I understand the format, but anyone other than Larson winning it will be kind of a hollow victory in my opinion. He's had a hell of a season, far beyond anything anyone else has done. 

Truex lost me with his anti-vax shit, Hamlin is a cunt, and I find Chase dull and boring, though I didn't follow NASCAR back when his dad raced so I don't have that rooting interest in him. 

Bill Elliott coming from 2 laps down and Talladega before plate racing and free passes and all that shit is the most dominating thing ever in Nascar. His team/car was so far ahead of everyone else it was funny. I believe he also qualified at 213 MPH or some shit. Nascar was a little different back then

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Really glad Larson won this championship.

He had an incredible season and deserved it.

He also made a terrible mistake and did everything he could to make it back. I feel he is truly sincere in his fellings about what happened and has learned a lot.

Good for him and Rick Hendrick Motor Sports.

Edited by Steamboat1874
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Really glad Larson won this championship.

He had an incredible season and deserved it.

He also made a terrible mistake and did everything he could to make it back. I feel he is truly sincere in his fellings about what happened and has learned a lot.

Good for him and Rick Hendrick Motor Sports.

Agreed on all counts.

• 1 month later...

https://jalopnik.com/one-nascar-drivers-wife-was-jeffrey-epsteins-alleged-s-1848185282

Sarah Kellen, Brian Vickers' wife, appears in 350 logs for Epstein's private jet.

In 2013, NASCAR driver Brian Vickers married a woman named Sarah Kellen, whose alias of Sarah Kensington may have been familiar to anyone who’s read through the countless flight logs and court allegations surrounding convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. That’s because Kellen was one of Epstein’s personal assistants and one of the many accomplices who helped him procure underage girls for sexual purposes.

The allegations against Kellen are damning: She’s said to have kept a book of names of young girls who would be directed to give Epstein massages only to later suffer some kind of abuse. Kellen was said to book travel for these young women and lead them to Epstein’s room. 

Kellen was one of a small group of women who coached Epstein’s victims on how to pleasure the financier, The Cut reported. 

According to Haley Robson, who was recruited into Epstein’s ring at age 16, Kellen kept a long list of names that identified Epstein’s “masseuses” and would call on them to provide their services to Epstein. Another woman, Sarah Ransome, said that Ghislaine Maxwell and Kellen directly taught her how to pleasure Epstein.

Kellen, for her own part, has argued that she wasn’t a bad person in an interview with The Sun.

“I’ve been made out to be such a monster, but it’s not true,” she said. “I’m a victim of Jeffrey Epstein. I was raped and abused weekly.”

Kellen started working for Epstein when she was around 18 years old. She did so for about a decade, then moved to Hawaii after Epstein was jailed in 2008over allegations of child prostitution. Four years later, Kellen met Brian Vickers.

terio-popeyes.gif

• 2 months later...

NASCAR drivers get pissed, kind of form a union, but not collective bargaining.  

Jeff "The Mayor" Burton is heading it up, and I am not surprised at all.

https://jalopnik.com/nascar-cup-drivers-form-council-to-serve-as-a-united-vo-1848531172

From their struggle to receive information about the Next Gen car during its development to not being sought for advice on Atlanta Motor Speedway’s reconfiguration, the NASCAR Cup Series drivers are frustrated by the lack of communication with the sport’s decision-makers and have decided to take action.

The full-time Cup drivers have united to form the Drivers Advisory Council. The organization aims to improve safety in motorsports further, grow and enhance the sport, and maximize the opportunities for drivers to achieve success both on and off the track. Certain part-time drivers will also be eligible to sit alongside the full-timers on the council.

The Drivers Advisory Council is led by former driver and current NBC Sports commentator Jeff Burton as director. The council’s board consists of six drivers evenly spread across the Cup Series standings as well as one other former driver. The council’s initial members are Kurt Busch, Austin Dillon, Denny Hamlin, Corey LaJoie, Joey Logano and Daniel Suarez with Kyle Petty as the other former driver.

In the release announcing the council’s formation, driver and team owner Denny Hamlin stated, “The new council will deliver a unified, collective voice from the drivers to help address any challenges we face and help accomplish the common goals the industry share.”