Godzilla vs. Kong (2021, Adam Wingard)

satyanash

• satyanash changed the title to Godzilla vs. Kong (2021, Adam Wingard)

They’re gonna make Kong win and I’m gonna be fucking pissed. Wingard is an amazingly shittastic director as well, movie underwent multiple re-shoots due to poor screenings. That said, take my money now. 

Also, if Eiza Gonzalez ever wants to meet the real Godzilla she’s welcome to my house anytime. He lives in my pants.

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

This is going to be like Batman vs. Superman where they try to surprise us with bullshit reasons for Batman to compete and Superman doesn't eye-nuke him.  

Could also be like BvS in that both of them stop fighting each other and unite to face "the ultimate threat" in the third act of the movie.

Which, if the rumours are true, could be

Spoiler

Mechagodzilla

Edited by satyanash

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Godzilla and King Kong's mothers are both named Martha?

Mothra.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Could also be like BvS in that both of them stop fighting each other and unite to face "the ultimate threat" in the third act of the movie.

Which, if the rumours are true, could be

Hide contents

Mechagodzilla

This is a given. Still, director is adamant that they will face off at some point with a definitive winner. Leak/spoiler discussion on Godzilla Reddit & Toho kingdom, neither of which I ever frequent, confirms this. No consensus yet on who that winner is. I just assume Kong because he logically has no chance, so of course they’ll make him the winner. Trailer was very pro Kong as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a given. Still, director is adamant that they will face off at some point with a definitive winner. Leak/spoiler discussion on Godzilla Reddit & Toho kingdom, neither of which I ever frequent, confirms this. No consensus yet on who that winner is. I just assume Kong because he logically has no chance, so of course they’ll make him the winner. Trailer was very pro Kong as well. 

Godzilla wins in the Asian release and Kong wins in the rest of the world releases.

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I thought Godzilla was one of the good guys from the movie 7 years ago???

Millie Bobbie hints that a master of puppets is pulling his strings. So there's a mystery caper involved.

What is @Drew 's  assessment? "TOO MUCH KONG!!!1!!"

Upon 2nd viewing Kong throws an aggressive shoulder check at 1:32. Godzilla is a real pussy to sit there and take that.

Edited by smuggs
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nivek said:

This is going to be like Batman vs. Superman where they try to surprise us with bullshit reasons for Batman to compete and Superman doesn't eye-nuke him.  

If you look closely at the trailer Kong has an axe that looks like it is made out of Godzilla's back spikes and that repels the blue fire.

9 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Definitely did not think my day would involve reading the phrase "Godzilla reddit" when I rolled out of bed this morning.  My thoughts:

1. There is no way that doesn't suck.

2. Is it just me or does King Kong get progressively bigger with each movie he is featured in? 

He's gotta get bigger if he's going to have even a shadow of a chance versus Godzilla.  In the modern versions, Godzilla is over 300 feet tall while Kong is only about 104 feet tall even in his biggest form.  So besides the nuclear breath, Godzilla is twice as tall and probably up to three times as heavy. Kong is an amuse bouche in that match-up. 

19 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you look closely at the trailer Kong has an axe that looks like it is made out of Godzilla's back spikes and that repels the blue fire.

Actually I believe the axe is coated in plot armor. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Continental Op said:

I played a bunch of Mike Tyson's Punch Out when I was in elementary school and pretty much everybody Little Mac fought was like 3 times his size.  If he can swing it why not King Kong?   

If you punch Godzilla in the navel he will make this face and then you'll get 9 free shots to his grill. Kong may not figure this out until act two.

ZZCI3K4KMJETPKJTRP6Q6DAPNE.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Watched Godzilla King of Monsters last night to get ready for this.

I hope the new one has some budget so there are some scenes not in the rain at night to hide cheap CGI. 

If there are 17 titans, why are there 60+ Monarch stations?

How does Monarch have what is essentially a flying Star Destroyer?

Why does the government want to put Monarch under the military when it's already comprised of basically 99% military who are calling the shots already?

Where do the bad guys refuel their Ospreys that can fly around the globe in an hour?

Lots of theories from the usual movie leak suspects on reddit, no idea if true but their track record is pretty good. Several consistent things though...

Spoiler

Movie has 2 kong vs godzilla fights... first one in the ocean (draw), 2nd one is the epic climax fight in Hong Kong (get it, Kong in Hong Kong?). General consensus is that the winner of the Kong vs Godzilla fight ends up dying in the final team up fight vs MechaG. Leaving the "loser" as the true King. Given the fact that Legendary's rights to Godzilla expire after this movie, everyone is thinking that Godzilla beats Kong but dies in the MechaG fight, allowing Kong to truly become "King Kong". 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Set a “pandemic record” for box office sales overseas its opening weekend. Skullfucked Wonder Woman 84s numbers. I’m gonna watch it on hbo max wednesday and then hit up an imax in a week or 2. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/box-office-coming-back-godzilla-191405637.html#vch=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v%3Du3TEDuzBcPc

On 3/27/2021 at 6:22 AM, mr. sunshine said:

If a movie about a giant gorilla and a giant lizard trying to kill each other lacks character development and human drama is wrong I don’t want to be right 

what? Half the movie isn't some guy I don't care about overcoming some personal demons, along with some kid(s) in danger because reasons, and some mildly attractive middle aged divorcee who has to face her own mortality before she realizes she is still in love with her ex-husband?

Out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Just finished it. Fucking loved it. Easily the best giant monster combat of any movie I’ve seen. Last 30-45 minutes slam and go hard. 

Do we need to watch all of the previous movies?

And what's the youngest age that can watch it?  Probably too intense for an 8 year-old.

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Do we need to watch all of the previous movies?

And what's the youngest age that can watch it?  Probably too intense for an 8 year-old.

You don’t need to watch the previous ones, it just helps the plot make a little more sense if you have. But again, monkey & lizard fighting is all you really need to get out of the story here.

I guess it depends on how the kid is for the age thing. Some people get eaten by monsters but nothing crazy graphic. Worst cussing was a few “shit’s” I think. No sexual scenes at all, which is very unfortunate when Eiza Gonzalez is a cast member.

• Hook 'Em 2