Godzilla vs. Kong (2021, Adam Wingard)

satyanash

I dozed off in the middle. Don't think I missed much.  From what I saw, Skull Island is still the best movie by far but this was definitely number two.

I guess it works in their favor that they didn't give a shit about anything other than monster fights.

My 8th grader did comment that the mom scientist was racist for making her daughter wear her island tribal clothes well after adoption. Lulz.

Didn't they set up Charles Dance to be the big baddie at the end of the Godzilla movie? He was nowhere to be found.

Couldn't they give Demian Bichir a more believable last name than Simmons?  Why not rename the character once you select a Mexican actor?  I guess he could've been from Belize where there are plenty of Belizeans with English last names.

53 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Ok this film was totally unrealistic. 

I know, right?

I expect my movies about giant fighting monsters who came from the hollow center of the Earth to be much more realistic.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I know, right?

I expect my movies about giant fighting monsters who came from the hollow center of the Earth to be much more realistic.

They really tried to hide Skarsgaards cum gutters with those terrible wardrobe choices. LIKE I DONT KNOW WHATS UP UNDER THERE. 

alexander skarsgard shower GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I liked it but for some reason get hung up on the whole ‘the center of the earth is hollow and that’s where monsters come from’ thing.  It’s like making time travel a plot element in every Star Trek movie when flying around in a spaceship blowing shit up is cool enough already

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Only disappointment was the mutual decision to not finish the fight by the monsters after they took down MechaStreisand. The 1962 film actually had a winner. Was hoping for the same outcome here.

Spoiler

Pretty clear Godzilla was the victor here

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Not sure what was up with the RDj/Pacino/Montalban villain.   700 million people in HK, it's in ruins and dad/daughter find each other no problem...  garbage.  
Lol...i thought it was ok. Entertaining enough.

I did like the part right before they found each other where she used a landline in hong kong to call her dad...wtf lmao