Godzilla vs. Kong (2021, Adam Wingard)

satyanash

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I enjoyed the movie. I’m shocked that no one has any issues with a little bit of scotch (or whatever it was in the flask) short circuiting the security system. So many problems with the movie but my 10 yo loved it so it’s all good.

you don't question the scooby doo team saving the world.  Stranger Things Atlanta should have been cut, every bit of it, and the movie would have been perfect.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I enjoyed the movie. I’m shocked that no one has any issues with a little bit of scotch (or whatever it was in the flask) short circuiting the security system. So many problems with the movie but my 10 yo loved it so it’s all good.

There were so many things wrong its kinda amazing that that is the thing you point out

• Like 1

I was thoroughly entertained, as were my teenage kids.  The movie was dumb as shit, the acting horrible.  But I went in expecting all that, just wanted Monster v Monster battles as I recalled as a kid.  It did the job, but took it to another level with CGI and better fights.  

Just a personal anecdote, but I think the demise of theaters is premature.  There was a palpable excitement with my kids, and in the crowd in general. 

May not ever reach pre COVID levels, but from my one off there's still a demand for the physical theater experience.

• Hook 'Em 2

Family wanted to see it. Wasn't expecting much, but it was a lot of fun. Pretty brainless, but some of the best CGI you'll see. Should have been a seizure warning for one of the flashing light sequences.

Only one nit to pick:

Spoiler

Although they pride themselves on being scientifically accurate in these movies, defibrillators don't work like that.  

1 hour ago, Richard Kimball said:

Family wanted to see it. Wasn't expecting much, but it was a lot of fun. Pretty brainless, but some of the best CGI you'll see. Should have been a seizure warning for one of the flashing light sequences.

Only one nit to pick:

Hide contents

Although they pride themselves on being scientifically accurate in these movies, defibrillators don't work like that.  

What? My power of attorney specifically states that, if the need arises, to  nuke me with a subterranean spaceship 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Richard Kimball said:

Only one nit to pick:

Hide contents

With Surly it’s hard to tell if that is sarcasm or not.  It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the tipping point for posters on Surly and some of them walked out of the theater because they could no longer suspend belief enough to enjoy the movie.

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

With Surly it’s hard to tell if that is sarcasm or not.  It wouldn’t surprise me if that was the tipping point for posters on Surly and some of them walked out of the theater because they could no longer suspend belief enough to enjoy the movie.

Think of it as humor. Like the funny kind, only different. It was a totally silly movie, but fun. Wife and kids enjoyed it, nobody should expect any kind of scientific accuracy out of a movie like this. . 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this a couple of nights ago since it was leaving HBO Max.  The three fights were cool, and that's about it. Barely anything resembling a story and zero effort spent on developing a single interesting human character.  Will not watch again.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 1