Lubbock Dentist Faces 20 years for "grooming" young boys

Bash Riprock

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Side note: I don't get guys that post pics of themselves doing something over and over. If some event really means a lot to you, fine, post it. But keep it down to once or twice per year. 

Perhaps if the social media pics fall under some type of branding of your business, I can understand it. Otherwise its some weird flexing to make up for feeling inferior to everyone.

If I see them constantly posting that kind of stuff, especially if it's meant to make them look macho or successful or whatever, I assume that, in the case of "macho" pics, they are in the closet, and if it's meant to make them look successful, they are hanging on by a thread/heavily in debt/living off of a relative.

And the ones who post the hunting photos like it's some kind of major accomplishment, if it's once in a while, sure, whatever.  But constantly?  You're working through issues.

Now if they are stalking and killing a deer with nothing but a knife, I'll be impressed.  But some of my cousins, I've seen (and hunted) where they hunt, and there is nothing difficult at all about it.

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I see them constantly posting that kind of stuff, especially if it's meant to make them look macho or successful or whatever, I assume that, in the case of "macho" pics, they are in the closet, and if it's meant to make them look successful, they are hanging on by a thread/heavily in debt/living off of a relative.

And the ones who post the hunting photos like it's some kind of major accomplishment, if it's once in a while, sure, whatever.  But constantly?  You're working through issues.

Now if they are stalking and killing a deer with nothing but a knife, I'll be impressed.  But some of my cousins, I've seen (and hunted) where they hunt, and there is nothing difficult at all about it.

Knew a guy in college whose dad hunted elk with a spear.  Would track it for days sometimes to get close enough.  Former special forces.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's the shit I want to see on Facebook.  Not some staged hunt, or a dude shooting deer at a feeder he setup months ago.

I don’t think someone tracking an elk for days in order to get close enough to kill it with a spear is posting Facebook updates while he does it.  Just a hunch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Knew a guy in college whose dad hunted elk with a spear.  Would track it for days sometimes to get close enough.  Former special forces.

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t think someone tracking an elk for days in order to get close enough to kill it with a spear is posting Facebook updates while he does it.  Just a hunch.

There's no way that guy has a Facebook account.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We don't need hunting permits, Bobby. We've got La Grunta.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...