Grad Transfer DL Ovie Oghoufo

Machinator

His stats aren't impressive, but fwiw, Notre Dame fans seem to think he should have started, and they think this is a loss for the coming year 

If Ibra is in, I think this leaves us with four spots

RB, Lawrence of Abiara, Uke? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

His stats aren't impressive, but fwiw, Notre Dame fans seem to think he should have started, and they think this is a loss for the coming year 

The stats don't really jump out at you but I like that Terry Joseph was on the defensive staff there. They should have good intel on this one.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Gerry seems to think it's either/or for Lawrence of Abiara, and that Abiara has the edge for that spot 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Sounds about right. Uke is the biggest toss up so could be another position

Great job by the staff quickly identifying a roster weak spot and addressing it. This guy and Thornton are both good depth at worst with some real upside still to tap potentially. If Notre Dame fans are to be believed Ovie has some real potential as a pass rusher. 

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dorbah better step the fuck up - Ossai 2.0 isn't getting handed to him.

Yeah, I have to think this will allow Dorbah at least an additional year to develop. It was always going to take him some time and relying on him to be that guy this season would have been crazy. If he still breaks out as our best pass rusher all the better, he earned it. 

Edited by UncleSonny

1 hour ago, Acropora said:

How are our local writers so stupid?  I mean, I didn't know who this was until yesterday but still knew he wasn't a tight end

I always wonder if the AAS writers are bad at their jobs but good at their hobbies. Like surly posters. 

I'm thinking macramé is where Davis really shines. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2