Grad Transfer DL Ovie Oghoufo

Machinator

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

If Bo Davis is coaching this dude, I feel great about the offer and don't view it as filler. Sark knows his shit. 

I wonder if Sark liked what he saw from him in the game against ND.  That's why he said he went with Terry Joseph.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

I wonder if Sark liked what he saw from him in the game against ND.  That's why he said he went with Terry Joseph.

Possibly. I wouldn't put it past. Truth be told, I had never heard of him before, but I trust the staff and I don't think they would take bodies just to fill up a class. They must see something in him that warrants a tranfer in. 

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

For once I'm actually excited for a tranfer on D. I think this staff will maximize his talents. I feel bad for Braun having to work under Hand. He deserved better. 

23 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Possibly. I wouldn't put it past. Truth be told, I had never heard of him before, but I trust the staff and I don't think they would take bodies just to fill up a class. They must see something in him that warrants a tranfer in. 

*transfer. No your 's' isn't stuck or broken.

• Like 1

Ovie Oghoufo entered the transfer portal with a plan. The redshirt sophomore saw Steve Sarkisian's offense first hand in the College Football Playoff semifinal game while playing for Notre Dame, and now he will be making plays on Sarkisian's defense. Oghoufo said Texas stuck out and checked a number of boxes for him. "I just feel like it was the best option for me," he said. "Coach Sarkisian was able to get an early evaluation when we played Bama so that helped. Also, I'm excited to get to work with coach Davis. He's coached at big-time programs as well as in the NFL. Overall, I just feel that Texas gives me the opportunity to develop into the player I want to be."

It didn't hurt that he'd see a familiar face in Austin. Former Notre Dame secondary coach Terry Joseph is now at Texas in the same role, and Oghoufo said that had a hand in his decision.

"Of course," he said. "Him being familiar with me weighed in on my decision."

Oghoufo and Texas moved pretty quickly. Though he entertained a few other offers, he zeroed in on Texas right away.  Oghoufo will graduate in the spring and have three years of eligibility remaining.

"I had a couple of other offers, but Texas stood out at the end," he said.

Oghoufo spent most of his life in the northern part of the country coming originally from Michigan before moving to South Bend. He's been to the state of Texas a few times but never Austin. He's excited for what lies ahead.

"I've been to the state a few times but never to Austin," he said. "I don't know what to expect, but I'm excited to find out."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Stanford is that way

I was a little confused. I thought that you meant that they do that at Stanford as well, but then I realized that perhaps you meant...

👈  Stanford is THAT way.

I feel like the "Graduate" part is a major part of "Grad Transfer". So much so that putting them in chronological order in right there in the name.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I was a little confused. I thought that you meant that they do that at Stanford as well, but then I realized that perhaps you meant...

👈  Stanford is THAT way.

I feel like the "Graduate" part is a major part of "Grad Transfer". So much so that putting them in chronological order in right there in the name.

Yeah I realized the error of my ways but it was too late to edit and add an arrow. non treefiddy-er problems

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...