TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Starting to feel like simms vs major. When the season starts, sometime in October we will see who is the simms and who is the major with us fans.

Interesting point... October is when Caleb Williams beat out Spencer Rattler. 

Having Bama be the 2nd game of the 2022 Season might make it difficult for Ewers to be the QB1 in Week #2.  

As Fuccboi says, getting popcorn ready...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

WARNING... Some crimes committed by the Offensive Line  🙄  

Hudson Card Every Play 2021

Man, the more I re-watch that Arkansas game the more I’m just pissed off at the overall preparation and effort of players and coaches. There are several plays where the OL holds up and receivers are just standing still as the QB is moving around. What if Whittington catches that ball in the endzone in the first quarter? So many position groups let each other down.Then to remember that Sark said after the game they prepared for a 4-down front and were surprised when they came out in the 3 down look.

Just overall so bad.

• Rage+1 3

Member when major went on the road to Nebraska as a pup.   Zero fear … difference maybe is that we didn’t have shit in the trenches back then but still you could see he was a gamer.  Card seems to have no pocket presence or just plain scared.  I doubt it changes in big games this year unless the trenches have a significant upgrade.  

The little known "shit your pants" statistic is the determiner here. When dropping back while chased by crazy angry 300 lb dudes who are really quick does the QB 1) find the open guy and make a completion with no regard for his own body, or, 2) does he load his pants before tossing up a pic 6? 

If Ewers is just marginally above average on the shit your pants stat, he is an improvement. I don't know if that's something you can improve on with practice reps. Guess we'll see at some point.

53 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

The little known "shit your pants" statistic is the determiner here. When dropping back while chased by crazy angry 300 lb dudes who are really quick does the QB 1) find the open guy and make a completion with no regard for his own body, or, 2) does he load his pants before tossing up a pic 6? 

If Ewers is just marginally above average on the shit your pants stat, he is an improvement. I don't know if that's something you can improve on with practice reps. Guess we'll see at some point.

I think you can pick up on this from Ewers his sophomore year vs his junior year. SLC had an amazing o-line his sophomore year and it showed - he had a 45-3 TD-int and 70%+ comp. They both dropped off his junior year but if you watch his games vs. the more talented teams, there are plenty of times where he stands in the pocket and delivers with 2-3 free rushers inches from his face and then gets pummeled after release. I don’t think that will be an issue.

8 minutes ago, Octavian said:

I think you can pick up on this from Ewers his sophomore year vs his junior year. SLC had an amazing o-line his sophomore year and it showed - he had a 45-3 TD-int and 70%+ comp. They both dropped off his junior year but if you watch his games vs. the more talented teams, there are plenty of times where he stands in the pocket and delivers with 2-3 free rushers inches from his face and then gets pummeled after release. I don’t think that will be an issue.

He missed most of the junior season due a sports hernia surgery. He came back early from that in the playoffs and helped carry his team to state.

Is it CIPs plural or CIP singular? As in Hudson Card logged 11 Craps in Pants or CPI in the Arkansas game. Actually, looking at the stat sheet, he had 14 DIH (Deer in Headlights) and just 3 CIP. It gets confusing.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, Hookem2147 said:

Man, the more I re-watch that Arkansas game the more I’m just pissed off at the overall preparation and effort of players and coaches. There are several plays where the OL holds up and receivers are just standing still as the QB is moving around. What if Whittington catches that ball in the endzone in the first quarter? So many position groups let each other down.Then to remember that Sark said after the game they prepared for a 4-down front and were surprised when they came out in the 3 down look.

Just overall so bad.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought Dick Vitale had to go back to his cave to slumber until the next college basketball season, surviving on nacho cheese scrapped from paper nacho boats, and half eaten hotdogs.The villagers wil  be pissed when they find out he still walks the county side. 

Edited by 1leggedduck

9 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

I thought Dick Vitale had to go back to his cave to slumber until the next college basketball season, surviving on nacho cheese scrapped from paper nacho boats, and half eaten hotdogs.The villagers wil  be pissed when they find out he still walks the county side. 

He’s been a little busy battling cancer.

13 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I don't recall seeing Maalik at all during the spring game, but I did see Wright, Lourd, and Ballard. Did LHN cut to commercial during his reps or did he not play at all?

Didn’t play. They just have him doing 7on7 stuff right now

Gerry made a great point in the latest IT podcast, and that is that Ewers needs to be the starter because he is the guy who can deliver the pass with pressure in his face. As much as Sark likes to scheme up deep balls, and we have the WR’s to get open for them, our pass protection is going to be shaky and needs someone who can keep his eyes downfield and let it fly with a defender bearing down on him. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I don't recall seeing Maalik at all during the spring game, but I did see Wright, Lourd, and Ballard. Did LHN cut to commercial during his reps or did he not play at all?

He’s coming off a pretty severe ankle injury and he’s basically just practiced against air the last week or two of spring practice.  They’re not going to toss him into live reps anytime soon.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, Helobious said:

Do people really think Quinn would’ve transferred here if he wasn’t guaranteed the starting job to start the season? 

Yes. Here's the pitch "You can either stay there and compete with CJ Stroud for the starting job, or you can come here and compete with Hudson Card for the starting job." It's still a no brainer. 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:25 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Is it CIPs plural or CIP singular? As in Hudson Card logged 11 Craps in Pants or CPI in the Arkansas game. Actually, looking at the stat sheet, he had 14 DIH (Deer in Headlights) and just 3 CIP. It gets confusing.

It's like RBIs in baseball. The plural "Craps" in CIP makes CIP grammatically sufficient, but CIPs just flows better. Like Card's crap up in the Ozarks.

BTW, I expect CIPs to be featured in a new episode of South Park very soon, probably picking up where Bono left off. (Anticipated spoiler alert: It'll kill Kenny.)

• Like 1