Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

52 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Why would she?  There's nothing in it for her.  Her constituency (Trump and Trumpists) only care about creating chaos.  

Bingo. My guess is that she's to become Trump's principle cat's paw. I bet he made some calls and rustled some jimmies.

He's showing he'll push this as far as anyone can imagine. GOPs hoping Trump is sidelined are fools. 

Hee hee hee! Look at him shred those libs and Dems! Let's drive closer and watch!

spacer.png

• Like 1

The Rs have been framing this argument since before the inauguration. They will force the “deep state / swamp” left to “cancel” her and add it to their list of grievances. Surprised she played the Jesus card this early, but I guess we have to cut her some slack. She is new and doesn’t have the whole playbook yet. 

Just now, TXSG8R said:

The Rs have been framing this argument since before the inauguration. They will force the “deep state / swamp” left to “cancel” her and add it to their list of grievances. Surprised she played the Jesus card this early, but I guess we have to cut her some slack. She is new and doesn’t have the whole playbook yet. 

Meh, she's going to the Jesus play, and the Dems are muslim terrorists play -- she's pretty good at improvising on a busted play.  She's the GOP's VY, and they are letting her score at will.

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I stick by my 6 months prediction. Have to give themselves some distance from the insurrection. Have to get corporations back on board. It gives them 1.5 years to campaign for 2022. If they play it right, it will be like nothing happened on 1/6. And they can go back to embracing Q voters. Because once corporations are back on board, it takes a lot to move them back off. Like an insurrection. At that point, it is back to R vs D and nothing else matters.

I think that will be thwarted by all the video of Jan. 6. I just googled Capitol Hill Gif and got the following:

spacer.png

We'll be seeing this for at least 6 years to haunt every GOP in office at the time. They won't lose their insane base, but a lot of Americans will show up to repudiate sedition and treason.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think that will be thwarted by all the video of Jan. 6. I just googled Capitol Hill Gif and got the following:

spacer.png

We'll be seeing this for at least 6 years to haunt every GOP in office at the time. They won't lose their insane base, but a lot of Americans will show up to repudiate sedition and treason.

They're counting on nobody giving a shit about this in 6 months, and they're right. America is full of dumbasses with short attention spans and little memory. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Bingo. My guess is that she's to become Trump's principle cat's paw. I bet he made some calls and rustled some jimmies.

He's showing he'll push this as far as anyone can imagine. GOPs hoping Trump is sidelined are fools. 

Hee hee hee! Look at him shred those libs and Dems! Let's drive closer and watch!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/02/03/us/biden-administration

The House will vote on Thursday to strip Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of her committee assignments, a top Democrat announced, forcing congressional Republicans to take a public stand on the Georgia freshman who endorsed conspiracy theories and calls to execute Democratic politicians before she was elected.

Representative Steny Hoyer of Maryland, the No. 2 Democrat, said on Wednesday that he had spoken with Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the Republican leader, and that “it is clear there is no alternative to holding a floor vote on the resolution to remove Representative Greene from her committee assignments.”

House Democrats, incensed by a series of social media posts made by Ms. Greene before she won her seat in November, threatened earlier this week that they would take the unusual step of moving unilaterally to remove Ms. Greene from the education and budget committees if Republicans themselves did not take action. Party leaders generally have authority over who represents them on committees.

The vote will make Republicans go on the record for the first time on whether Ms. Greene should be rebuked for her past comments.

• Like 1

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2021/02/03/hoyer-to-mccarthy-no-deal-on-qanon-congresswoman-491625?nname=playbook-pm&nid=0000015a-dd3e-d536-a37b-dd7fd8af0000&nrid=0000014e-f0fd-dd93-ad7f-f8fde5bf0000&nlid=964328

During a private phone call around lunch time, House Majority Leader STENY HOYER rejected Minority Leader KEVIN MCCARTHY’S proposal to remove the QAnon supporter from only one of her two committee posts. As we first reported this morning, McCarthy was making a last-ditch attempt to stave off a floor vote that would force the GOP to go on record about the Georgia Republican’s fate.

Still, the offer wasn’t exactly appealing: We hear that McCarthy insisted that if Democrats removed Greene from the Education and Labor panel, Republicans would want to put her on another committee. No wonder Hoyer said no.

Republicans now face a choice: Do they just remove Greene from both her committees on their own — or let the Democrats do it for them? Given the fear we were hearing about in McCarthy’s steering panel meeting Tuesday night, you’d think the choice would be obvious.

Members were going on and on, we were told, about how this vote would pit GOP members against a base that likes Greene because of her pro-Trump enthusiasm — and swing voters repelled by any vote suggesting they’re protecting a woman who endorsed violence and questioned the veracity of school shootings.

If they were willing to take her off one panel, is it that much of a stretch to take her off a second? The clock is ticking. The vote is scheduled for Thursday.

Republicans, our Democratic sources tell us, didn’t help their case when they started threatening retaliation against Democratic members. Rep. BRIAN BABIN (R-Texas) on Tuesday proposed removing Rep. ILHAN OMAR (D-Minn.) from the committee on foreign affairs, presumably because of her past statements about Israel and American Jews. This angered Democratic leaders.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

cnn's chyron just now has mccarthy in the visegrip and i love it

"we're hearing from gop connected to the situation they want mccarthy to take a stand"

i love it

"we're hearing"

make them eat their own dogshit

mccarthy is a two-faced bitchass

i hope he burns for this no matter what happens

we've got the $1.9T v. $600B bullshit tracking with jew lasers in advance of the trial next week

pubs finding out what fucking around and finding out looks like

dems, without joe getting his hands dirty, can fuck them on both counts

pub cowardice equals both results going against them and then the gloves are off for the trial

fuck your bipartisan feelings bitches

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

America: “Shouldn’t you remove a racist, radical, q conspiracy theorist from her committees at least?”

Mccarthy: “hear me out...what if instead we just leave her alone and continue to say what she wants because it represents us radical so republicans so well?”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"Her past comments about Israel and American Jews" were comments specifically about fucking AIPAC. Jesus, it's infuriating that reporters are still doing Republican messaging for them.

• Hook 'Em 4

In a way, this is almost more entertaining.  We get to hear some of the floor speeches from her colleagues insisting this in infringement of her first amendment rights, lots of "whatboutism" regarding Rep. Ilhan's own comments (which I condemn), and of course raising fervor among their base that an attack on Rep. Greene is an attack on all conservative ideals.  

You can't incite insurrection, claim the election was stolen, claim 9/11 and Sandy Hook were staged, and also double-down on Jewish Space Lasers all in one week.  You have to pick and choose the insanity you decide to put on display at any one given time. 

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

On CNN, apparently hearing that members of the PAC that backs McCarthy are pissed and are basically saying his career is over. They wanted him to take a stand and kick her out.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7l7fzw9ed95y5w0fn0f76a1xtoaej8oklpu7dl8nj&rid=giphy.gif

They'll get in line.  They always do.

Fascism wins.  For a good long streak.  Until it doesn't.

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-P054320,_Berlin,

I'm trying to imagine getting called into HR at my work. "Mr. Five, it's come to our attention that you've been making statements online about murdering people in your department."

"Pretty much, yeah."

"OK! Just checking! Stay right where you are and keep up the good work!". 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

McCarthy really great at negotiating from a position of zero leverage. 

“Remove her yourselves or we will do it on the house floor.”

”what if I just reassign her?”

”house floor it is.  See you tomorrow.”

What if we just tell her to stop it or she get in big big BIG trouble!

Yeah, it was probably McCarthy's only real play.  But there's one more downside, a lot more of the crazy shit she's done/said is now gonna be broadcast on the floor of the House of Representatives where there are still pieces of debris from the insurrectional attack strewn about.  Nobody is losing their share of the Q vote because of this House floor vote.  But tens of millions of Americans are gonna hear some shit and think, "Wait, that woman was in charge of Education?!?"  Quietly removing her and tossing her some other bone in 2022 would have been my choice because saving face with Qanon is one thing, but having mainstream America hear how fucking weird you've let a major political party get does not scream 'Leadership'.

Edited by Lobo

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

LOL, why would McCarthy believe Hoyer would take that deal. Honestly, it’s better for them in every way to just go to a floor vote and take her off committees, it’s even better than the Rs doing it themselves.  Where is the downside? That the Dems lose the Q vote?

BuT THeYRe diVISve!  WHeRe'S tHA uNItY?!?!?!?!?!?

Please. No one in America that needs to see and hear her lunacy will hear shit from a floor debate or broadcast zoom call. They'll read the snippet that Republicans refused to cave to Democrats who are setting a horrible precedent by removing rival party members from key committees. And they'll run on that spin for weeks. "Republicans under attack from communist democrats in Congress." Then they'll paint a nice little story about it and all the casual republicans will talk about how Democrats are breaking rules and forcing out duly elected members of congress and cutting them off from their constituents. And they'll raise a boatload of money off it. 

Sure, getting some moderates on the record for Green in a vote might be useful. We'll see how useful. Someone else can explain  to me  why this is a great nut cutting move by  the Democrats, but I'm not seeing nearly as much upside as others. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

LOL, why would McCarthy believe Hoyer would take that deal. Honestly, it’s better for them in every way to just go to a floor vote and take her off committees, it’s even better than the Rs doing it themselves.  Where is the downside? That the Dems lose the Q vote?

I suppose the downside is that the majority is going to routinely remove reps from their committee assignments as a form of gamesmanship.

I suppose the specter of that may cause better vetting of candidates before permitting them to run.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

"We're sorry we attempted to violently destroy American democracy, but your unwillingness to forgive and immediately move on makes us think we need to violently destroy American Democracy"

1) that's absolutely the messaging.

2) it works with their base.  They are losing functionally ZERO GOP votes.

I read something about the GOP wanting her to apologize for past remarks. I guess she said no and actually good for her. She’s obviously not sorry for her remarks and posts so she shouldn’t apologize. Now congress should kick her out but the GOP is too weak to do that.

it’s not like they couldn’t find another gop candidate in GA that wouldn’t easily win her seat.