Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Okay, who's placing the phone call to her office today to inquire about Corporate Communism?  They quit calling me back after my last one, I think they recognize my voice at this point.  

I mean, does the Government/People control the means of production and then pass the savings on to the corporation?  Or wait, does the Corporation enslave the government to do its production and then invite the people in for a stock option-equity sharing program (and believe me, that is a big hypothetical, hahahaha).  The corporations rise up against the government and the people take over the means of production but through vaccination, are enslaved to still make stuff to sell to the government who sets prices but passes profits back to the corporation? 

I'm gonna need a fucking org chart here!  Would one of you Qanon lurkers please explain this shit to me.  I swear, I'd make a badass convert to your cause.  I'll stop asking questions, I'll just listen.  I've seen your spokespeople, it's like a comicon but for snuff film buffs.  My family and I have a superb public image.  Just fill me in!!!!!!!!

The correct answer is the Wolverhampton Wanderers, who beat Leicester 3-1

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So she belongs to three cults, Q-Anon, The Cult of the Orange God, and Crossfit.  

I’ll give her credit, of those three-the Qanon believers don’t open ever fucking conversation with it.  If I had a dollar for every “look, as a Trump supporter...” or “at my cross-fit gym, I...”; I’d have enough to buy own space laser with the gentile undercoating package.  

On 3/30/2021 at 2:11 PM, Lobo said:

Okay, who's placing the phone call to her office today to inquire about Corporate Communism?  They quit calling me back after my last one, I think they recognize my voice at this point.  

I mean, does the Government/People control the means of production and then pass the savings on to the corporation?  Or wait, does the Corporation enslave the government to do its production and then invite the people in for a stock option-equity sharing program (and believe me, that is a big hypothetical, hahahaha).  The corporations rise up against the government and the people take over the means of production but through vaccination, are enslaved to still make stuff to sell to the government who sets prices but passes profits back to the corporation? 

I'm gonna need a fucking org chart here!  Would one of you Qanon lurkers please explain this shit to me.  I swear, I'd make a badass convert to your cause.  I'll stop asking questions, I'll just listen.  I've seen your spokespeople, it's like a comicon but for snuff film buffs.  My family and I have a superb public image.  Just fill me in!!!!!!!!

I think we need a Corporate Communism Jump to Conclusions Mat.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am ignorant of crossfit things, but it doesn't seem like the "jumping" with fairly significant weight overhead is a really good idea.

And what's with the KC faget pullups?

I don't know shit about CF but I do know good technique for clean and jerk & pullups.

Her technique is as ugly as her face. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am ignorant of crossfit things, but it doesn't seem like the "jumping" with fairly significant weight overhead is a really good idea.

And what's with the KC faget pullups?

That's called a push-press. And those are called butterfly pullups. 

Many things about crossfit are designed basically to be weight based cardio. So you get shit like lifting heavy weights or doing a version of pullups really fast (butterfly of kipping) where the idea is to, yes, lift a fair amount of weight, but mostly to keep moving and elevate your heart rate a fuck ton. Which is why she does those shitty pullups, where a normal pullup without using momentum is just about building strength. With those she's using her momentum to basically do a portion of the pullup for her. With the push press, she's trying to move fast with a "lighter" weight versus just trying to lift the weight over her head without the assistance of her legs, like a strict press. 

Her fucking push-press form is fucking laughable and stupid, imo. She's counteracting the idea, which is move fast, because she's got to use SO much of her fucking legs to get that much weight up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I don't know shit about CF but I do know good technique for clean and jerk & pullups.

Her technique is as ugly as her face. 

What she is doing is what is taught. It’s ridiculous, and I don’t know what garbage they have to justify it but she’s doing CrossFit exercises as intended. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Orthopedic surgeon I know:  crossfitters are funding my retirement. 

Yeah. There are way more bad gyms than good gyms out there, and many teach shit technique, or don't monitor technique while people are doing their workouts. And the whole psychology is kind of "Fuck it, Imma go fast!"  Additionally, I don't think anyone over, say, 40, should consistently continue to do crossfit workouts regularly. And I think I'm probably being generous with 40. Injuries are fucking rampant. Most of that shit is NOT safe long term, especially the way prescribed. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What she is doing is what is taught. It’s ridiculous, and I don’t know what garbage they have to justify it but she’s doing CrossFit exercises as intended. 

I enjoyed Crossfit when I did it for a few years in my early 30s, but there's literally a zero percent chance I'd ever consider doing those workouts ever again. I'll stick to a simple 5x5 and a fucking peloton bike, thank you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's called a push-press. And those are called butterfly pullups. 

Many things about crossfit are designed basically to be weight based cardio. So you get shit like lifting heavy weights or doing a version of pullups really fast (butterfly of kipping) where the idea is to, yes, lift a fair amount of weight, but mostly to keep moving and elevate your heart rate a fuck ton. Which is why she does those shitty pullups, where a normal pullup without using momentum is just about building strength. With those she's using her momentum to basically do a portion of the pullup for her. With the push press, she's trying to move fast with a "lighter" weight versus just trying to lift the weight over her head without the assistance of her legs, like a strict press. 

Her fucking push-press form is fucking laughable and stupid, imo. She's counteracting the idea, which is move fast, because she's got to use SO much of her fucking legs to get that much weight up. 

Yeah I figured it was quasi-legit.  I can see those pullups being a good core workout.  I haven't trained with free weights in forever, so no idea what the current stuff is.

By traditional standards, both of those seem pretty fubar.

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think there's a 10% chance she doesn't know the difference between the House and the Senate.  

Well Duh, trick question: The Senate meets inside the House which is the nickname for the Congress Building, which is in the District of Columbia because we are still bowing down and using Spanish names because they won't speak English.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Additionally, I don't think anyone over, say, 40, should consistently continue to do crossfit workouts regularly. And I think I'm probably being generous with 40.

I decided to start playing Rugby at age 41. It wasn't my brightest idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Faithful America issued a statement Thursday announcing that its members would pray that Greene stops "rejecting the holy day's message of new life" ahead of Easter Sunday, and attacking her claim that she does not need a COVID-19 vaccine because she has stated that she is "perfectly healthy."

"Rep. Greene claims to be a 'pro-life' Christian while simultaneously getting people killed through her anti-Semitic QAnon conspiracy theories and her blasphemous claims that COVID-19 vaccine passports are 'Biden's mark of the beast,' " said the group's executive director, Episcopal priest the Rev. Nathan Empsall.

"We are especially troubled by her selfish reason for refusing to get vaccinated: that she herself is 'perfectly healthy' and therefore nothing else matters. Does Rep. Greene not realize that by getting vaccinated, she could protect those around her even more than she would protect herself?" Empsall added.

Empsall's comments came a day after Green told Newsweek that "Christian organizations shouldn't tell lies and sell hate in order to exhort money out of people" in response to a petition signed by 5,000 Faithful America members. The petition urged her to stop spreading conspiracy theories and criticized her skepticism about the COVID-19 vaccines.

Health officials have expressed worries that people who don't get vaccinated could make it harder for the U.S. to suppress the COVID-19 disease.

Nearly half of Republican men in the U.S. said that they had no plans to get the vaccine in a PBS poll last month.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

She's still stripped of all her committee assignments right?  So does she just draw up random bills to introduce?  I'm sure the House is just super pumped every time she gets to speak.

Whoever runs the “introduced legislation” inbox should set up a straight to spam filter for anything from her office.