Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gotta disagree with you there. Pretty sure a giant slice of the right still think Ayn Rand is a genius and probably celebrated the part where Roark raped that woman early in on the book. And of course she came to love him. If you think about it that’s like a model for their entire behavior. 

Maybe.  I just sorta assumed Rand fans outgrew their fetish even before they outgrew their "libertarian" bullshit political philosophy.

Does any group have a more confused, distorted, hodgepodge understanding of history and culture than the right wing? It’s not just an American phenomenon, either. But it seems that an idealized, mythical view of the past that assigns to some nativist category every good thing ever done by anyone, and ignores all the stupid shit, failures, injustices, and perversions actually committed by the idealized group is a fundamental attribute of the right. 

In this case (oh, and also in Nazi Germany - you gotta love Godwin’s law being forced on us by actual, undeniable similarities), it’s the Anglo-Saxons.

Anglo-Saxons wrote the Bible!

Anglo-Saxons gave the world bossa nova music!

I own my own farm because the Anglo-Saxons had a strong tradition of individual property rights and supporting small, independent farmers!

Anglo-Saxons built the Acropolis!

Anglo-Saxons invented tropical fruit!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Houston?

Biden won Houston by almost a quarter million votes.  

The city that had the most Trump voters was Los Angeles.  But what's the biggest, by population, that broke for DJT?  

I'm looking at that NYT interactive map and even the big cities in deep red states went almost all for Biden.  Only ones that look like they went for Trump were OKC, Tulsa, and Wichita (but that could just be at their county level).  I'm trying to picture, what does MTG see in her mind's eye when she pictures this great Euro-Trump architectural style, what city is she envisioning?  

Edited by Lobo

28 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Mock my lineage all you want, fancy boy.  You elitist, drinking with your pinky finger out in your nancy-pantsed, climate controlled structures.  Go flush your toilet, soy boy!  Alphas like me are getting lice and shitting in a dirt trench and dying from bloody flux minor insect bites.  You queer.

Fify.

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gotta disagree with you there. Pretty sure a giant slice of the right still think Ayn Rand is a genius and probably celebrated the part where Roark raped that woman early in on the book. And of course she came to love him. If you think about it that’s like a model for their entire behavior. 

Rand’s heroines loved getting raped. Dagny Taggart wanted it as much as Dominique Francon did. 

Tulsa does have beautiful Art Deco architecture, it's quite impressive. @Patricio Swayze would take excellent photos of the buildings there. Once you dig a little deeper into the history of the state and how those buildings came to be, the buildings are just symbols of futility.

...all we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see...

giphy.gif

"Oh my God, Joe, you're right...."

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Does any group have a more confused, distorted, hodgepodge understanding of history and culture than the right wing? It’s not just an American phenomenon, either. But it seems that an idealized, mythical view of the past that assigns to some nativist category every good thing ever done by anyone, and ignores all the stupid shit, failures, injustices, and perversions actually committed by the idealized group is a fundamental attribute of the right. 

In this case (oh, and also in Nazi Germany - you gotta love Godwin’s law being forced on us by actual, undeniable similarities), it’s the Anglo-Saxons.

I own my own farm because the Anglo-Saxons had a strong tradition of individual property rights and supporting small, independent farmers!

Anglo-Saxons saved Latin.  What did you ever do?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Anglo-Saxon buildings mate to produce mobile homes which grow into strip centers which is the ultimate statement in Anglo-Saxon architecture. Mature strip centers mate and begin the cycle anew.

Mexicans like Alexandria Octavio-Cortez and jew traitors like George Soros want to deprive Americans of this unique heritage that the entire world envies except for libtards who are very stupid.

2117.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

481c694d660dcd8234364c28a89f3166.jpg

Moore is not quite on board with it just yet (until he's seen the polling). Gaetz jumped right into the pool without looking if there was water, because he has nothing to lose and needs every ally he can find.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-america-first-caucus/index.html

A spokesperson for Greene, Nick Dyer, complained about the initial draft of the flier being leaked but confirmed to CNN in a statement that plans were in the works to form the group, which will be, "announced to the public very soon."

Embattled GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, who is under federal investigation over allegations involving sex trafficking and prostitution, tweeted Friday, "I'm proud to join @mtgreenee in the #AmericaFirst Caucus. We will end wars, stop illegal immigration & promote trade that is fair to American workers. This is just a hit piece from the America Last crowd in Big Media, Big Tech & Big Government."

CNN has reached out to Republican Reps. Paul Gosar of Arizona, Louie Gohmert of Texas and Rep. Barry Moore of Alabama, whom Punchbowl News reported to be involved in the caucus. 

A spokesperson for Moore told CNN in a statement, "Congressman Moore wholeheartedly supports President Trump's America First agenda and policies that prioritize hardworking Americans. He will not agree to join any caucus until he's had an opportunity to research their platform, which he has not had the chance to do so with the America First Caucus and therefore has not joined."

The rhetoric surrounding protecting the American identity and "uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" ties into a toxic argument with a racist legacy that immigrants are "replacing" Americans who were born in the United States.

Republican Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania evoked a similar argument during a subcommittee hearing earlier this week set to examine why those from Central American countries comprise a disproportionate number of migrants crossing the US-Mexico border.

"For many Americans, what seems to be happening or what they believe right now is happening is what appears to them is we're replacing national-born American — native-born Americans to permanently transform the political landscape of this very nation," Perry said.

Similar comments were also recently made by Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson, underscoring how certain Republican lawmakers and right-wing media personalities are echoing and thus potentially legitimizing arguments that have been made by White nationalists and nativists for years.

She was a grifter. Her legacy is that she is a litmus test for morons.

It’s amazing how quickly this change happened in terms of being out as this type of politician in the Republican party. Just a couple of years ago, the party sent Steve King packing. Now they are embracing every King coming up. I am not saying they weren’t racist, but the party at least pretended to be against it. Now, it is a fight to be the biggest racist. Carlson has given them the blueprint for how to talk and they are figuring out how to spread it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

It’s amazing how quickly this change happened in terms of being out as this type of politician in the Republican party. Just a couple of years ago, the party sent Steve King packing. Now they are embracing every King coming up. I am not saying they weren’t racist, but the party at least pretended to be against it. Now, it is a fight to be the biggest racist. Carlson has given them the blueprint for how to talk and they are figuring out how to spread it. 

Do you think Carlson came up with that on his own?

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'm trying to think of the largest city that voted for Trump in 2020.  The city that would have the most iconic buildings/architecture/skyline?  

Oklahoma City?  Tulsa?  Wichita?  

Yep, OKC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/12/09/most-trump-voters-live-states-won-by-biden/

I hadn't see that particular article yet about the breakdown on how many Trump voters came from states he lost, and how it was so much more than how Biden did in that same regard.  Interesting stuff.  Pos rep . 

I'd call MTG's office with this information but they quit calling me back after my third call to their office.  I think they know my voice by now.  I'm sorry to berate the point but it's Friday and I had my first Happy Hour in awhile...but I can't tell you how weird it is to be called by a senior staffer to assure you, as an American voter and someone on several donor lists-not hers obviously---but they cross reference, that the Congresswoman in question is not mentally retarded and appreciates your support.  I'll read 1000 more crazy things about her before her time on this planet is done, but this one'll always take the cake.  And I think someone prepared a script, or at least bullet points/flow chart, for this phone call.  and somewhere in that office, in a filing cabinet, is a folder labeled, "What to do is someone thinks the Congresswoman is mentally challenged."  And it's a serious rebuttal folder.  And every quarter, it gets updated.  Welcome to America, 2021.

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Gosar's grandparents were Slovenian and Basque, respectively.

Doesn't feel very Anglo-Saxon to me, but hey, maybe those marauding Germanic hordes took the scenic route.

How dare you! Gosar is as Anglo-Saxon as Doric columns and Jesus.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

steve king was ahead of his time

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The vast majority of today’s right hasn’t heard of Ayn Rand and a vanishingly smaller subset got through anything thicker than the 9th grade copy of Anthem. As ever, Ayn Rand is an embarrassing fetish for undergrad righty edgelords and she gets progressively more embarrassing every year past 20 years old. 

• Like 2

Hey now, Ayn Rand was a genius.

Completely, totally incorrect about human nature, but you gotta admit she spun some interesting sociopathic theories.

I think everyone should read her books, if only to reject them wholesale.

This is pretty damned exact.

As ever, Ayn Rand is an embarrassing fetish for undergrad righty edgelords and she gets progressively more embarrassing every year past 20 years old. 

Terrifying