Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Please tell me a video link is forthcoming?  

C-SPAN has moved from general speeches to debate, so sophomores and older are speaking, Reschenthaler and Lesko so far. No matter what class it is, we’re again hearing the “trannys in the lockerroom/bathroom/domestic violence shelter” trope. Bob Good now. Just absolute assholes.

Same bigotry,  different accents. Trans-women are women.

Greene up! She wants the whole bill read. Bye, girl.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 1

If you meet a Tranny in the locker room, you met a Tranny.

If you meet nothing but Trannies in the locker room all day, you're in a Tranny locker room and you're a pre-op in denial. 

Edited by Lobo

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Where I stand on trans people is this.  I do not understand what they are going through, but ultimately, they are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, and if this makes them happy and it doesn't hurt anyone else, who the fuck gives a shit?  

that's pretty much my logic for anyone different than me. I cannot fathom what it's like to not be a white dude, so I'm not gonna try. I'm pretty much a "let people do whatever the fuck they want as long as they're not hurting anyone else" kinda guy

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you meet a Tranny in the locker room, you met a Tranny.

If you meet nothing but Trannies in the locker room all day, you're in a Tranny locker room and you're a pre-op in denial. 

Hey, never forget, bathroom bills aren't meant to protect trangender people.

They're meant to protect predatory men from their own behavior. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Where I stand on trans people is this.  I do not understand what they are going through, but ultimately, they are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, and if this makes them happy and it doesn't hurt anyone else, who the fuck gives a shit?  

Before troph, I didn't have much compassion or understanding of trans folks, beyond just being people.  Still can't claim much understanding, but I have a better understanding and compassion for their struggle both internally and with the larger world, thanks mostly to troph.

Despite all that, my reaction to anti-LGBT legislation has always been "and this affects me how?"

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That's where I stand on 100% of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Js1 said:

Hey, never forget, bathroom bills aren't meant to protect trangender people.

They're meant to protect predatory men from their own behavior. 

The guy I know on FB that constantly rails against LGBTQ issues is a guy I've suspected was gay since middle school. No truly straight person can be that focused on something that really doesn't affect their life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

My stance on the whole thing is people's private parts and sex life are none of my business. Full stop.

I know some really cool trans people.
I know some women who have more traditional masculine qualities than men and would kick a lot of guys assess.

The right getting all worked up about this is just more grievance bullshit. "We can't say the n word aby more and now we can't say tranny."

FFS I was using coed bathrooms in gay bars in the early 90s. NBD

The continued assault on this community is sad.
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am the prototypical very straight, very male white dude.  

If I've learned one thing in the last 10 years, it's that I don't know shit.

This here. I've never had any hate or animosity towards trans people but I fundamentally didn't understand what they go through and frankly why it was so important to them. The memories makes me cringe, but I remember several conversations with friends where I (as a straight white dude) confidently downplayed why gender identity should even matter so much to a person. Sure, wear a dress if you want, sleep with whoever you want but don't get so caught up with stuff that doesn't matter like pronouns or a box to check on a census. 

That is of course the height of a privileged person who has never had to deal with those questions himself being condescending and thinking I had some unique insight into something I actually don't know a damn thing about. My opinion about things that are completely outside of my lived in experiences means very little and I'm trying to listen and trust more.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

This here. I've never had any hate or animosity towards trans people but I fundamentally didn't understand what they go through and frankly why it was so important to them. The memories makes me cringe, but I remember several conversations with friends where I (as a straight white dude) confidently downplayed why gender identity should even matter so much to a person. Sure, wear a dress if you want, sleep with whoever you want but don't get so caught up with stuff that doesn't matter like pronouns or a box to check on a census. 

That is of course the height of a privileged person who has never had to deal with those questions himself being condescending and thinking I had some unique insight into something I actually don't know a damn thing about. My opinion about things that are completely outside of my lived in experiences means very little and I'm trying to listen and trust more.

Yeah, the bass player in my band is bisexual.  We act like 4 guys, but he loves to fuck with us by talking about nailing some dude after a show.  It works.

The odd thing was that I didn't REALLY understand what it meant for him to be "bisexual" until he showed up for a show dressed as a woman.  I mean, none of us cared, it's a dumbass rock band, we were just like "Norm, what's up with the outfit?"  He just said "oh, I'm really more of a cross-dresser than bi, I prefer women but I also prefer their clothes".  Sure, he watered it down for us, but my mind was blown.  I simply had no idea how fluid the spectrum was.  It was only then I realized that I had never seen him with a guy, it was always with women.  (Not that he's not bi, I'm sure he is to some degree, but it was still eye-opening.)

Then I thought more broadly and realized that two of Austin's better drummers are cross-dressers.  I gave up.  Wear what you want, be who you feel, love me and I'll love you.  It's just so silly to try to define others' experiences.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I get that people are crazy as shit.  Shit happens.

What I don't get is why they're also so fucking mean.

Be batshit if you want.  But don't be a fucking asshole.

It all starts with the same script, IMO. "We, in the X community, are under attack from Y."

"We, in the Christian community, are under attack from a radical transgender agenda."

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

this is generally where i stand, but i think what's somewhat important to understand is that it is hurting some people's sensibilities. now, i agree with you that it shouldn't hurt their sensibilities and that it does is serious cause for their own introspective questions. it's like the neighborhood busybody who thinks that every black magazine salesman shlepping a shit door-to-door sales job is trying to case their house. people genuinely are fearful that accepting homosexuality or trans means that they are telling their kids that it is okay to be such a thing. 

which, of course, it is, and what it comes down to, and @Brisketexan and I have said numerous times over the years, they just find the idea icky. well, guess what? people do all kinds of stuff that i might find icky. but i don't let it define me. personally, i find the idea of letting another dude drill me in the ass pretty repugnant. but that gay dude probably finds the idea of me and my wife going at it pretty repugnant himself. the difference between me and a conservative (be it a voter, or a politician acting in probably bad faith (looking at you senator graham)) is that i don't let that feeling of icky define me. i don't go around trying to gross myself out imagining two dudes having sex or the possibility that a trans woman is heading into my goddaughter's bathroom. 

but conservatives have let the hate and gross feelings infect every major policy position they embrace. it's so negative, and it's kind of sad. can we talk about tax policy? how about immigration policy? balancing the budget? fixing our fucking infrastructure? oh, you want to talk about trans people. jfc. (not directed at you , penelope, but you probably already know that.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

that has been my takeaway through #metoo and blm. my wife really opened my eyes one time with an offhand comment when i was complaining about parking lot shoppers. you know who i mean - the people who absolutely need to go up and down the aisles looking for the perfect parking spot. drives me crazy. my wife just simply said "yeah, but you don't really have to worry about how far you might need to run to get to the car, or the safest path to the store." blew my mind and i felt guilty, but i came down to the conclusion that, hey, i can't help what i don't know. i don't know what it is like to walk around as a woman. i don't know what it is like to be a black man. but that's okay, i can just shut up and listen to them talk about it. and i feel the same thing about gay people and trans folk. i dunno, but i can listen, and trust that they are honestly conveying their experiences and thoughts to me. 

tl;dr, just shut up and listen.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=19450925

I'd give you Post of the Day award if I could.  The flag thing plus the guy making the joke.  Wow.  Bravo, sir.  

And to North Loop's point, she won't notice it for a day or two.  Then she'll start asking questions.  But no staffer is gonna want that search in their google history.  So they'll just stop other Republicans in the hallway, point to it, and ask, "Hey, where's that flag from?"  To be a fly on the wall to hear those answers.  I'm very much tempted to call her office again and say that I'm really happy to see the Congresswoman's hallways adorning the flag for Down's Syndrome Awareness Week.  I love getting the call back from them.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'd give you Post of the Day award if I could.  The flag thing plus the guy making the joke.  Wow.  Bravo, sir.  

And to North Loop's point, she won't notice it for a day or two.  Then she'll start asking questions.  But no staffer is gonna want that search in their google history.  So they'll just stop other Republicans in the hallway, point to it, and ask, "Hey, where's that flag from?"  To be a fly on the wall to hear those answers.  I'm very much tempted to call her office again and say that I'm really happy to see the Congresswoman's hallways adorning the flag for Down's Syndrome Awareness Week.  I love getting the call back from them.  

You know putting a DS awareness flag in there at some point would work too. 

Uh, I don't think there's a flag for that dude.  I know her Legislative Director/Deputy Chief of Staff won't know what the hell that flag is...she's an Aggie who wrote this horrific piece a few years ago:  https://www.dailysignal.com/2015/12/29/why-sexual-orientation-laws-are-a-threat-to-local-education/

Fuck it, I gotta hit the head soon.  So I'm gonna call from the toilet and tell her staffer (hopefully the same one as last time) that I saw a viral video of somebody from their office putting a Trans Pride Flag out in their hallway (playing coy like it's all the hallway for MTJ's office) and we couldn't be more proud to have the Rep. Greene supporting the transgender rights movement.  Or will that let the cat outta the bag too soon?  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

listen, JJ, imma need ya to speak in short, overly confident ideologically driven statements. and if you could repeat some here and there that would be appreciated. maybe some haiku. fucking sonnets, whatever man. knock yourself out. 

ok?! this wavering shit isn't working me. 

I love the mentally unstable thread. isn't this the mentally unstable thread?!

EK2e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

You know who WON'T recognize that flag? 

I hope nobody tells her for awhile. 

Maybe she’ll think they are decorating for Easter and be happy since we are a Christian nation. 

and like I said in another thread, Big Flag makes sure there’s a flag for everything now. They’re worse than Big Greeting Card. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also if you're curious, this is the reason Newman put up that flag across from Horse Face's office.

1) why don’t the trans kids belong in the bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams to which they identify?

2) if it’s a sexual thing with regards to the bathrooms and locker rooms, where does she think the cis gay people should change or poop?  

3) is she against unisex bathrooms, which are all over the place, as well?  (Not sure if that’s true with regards to multi-person bathrooms)

4) who is this supposed to be protecting?

I mean, has she ever been in a women's softball locker room at a midwest college or university?  There's more testosterone in there than in most men's golf club locker rooms.

You can't deny that scientific fact, 99.9% of us are born XX or XY, either you were born with egg cells already inside your reproductive system or you weren't.  However, everything beyond that is a fluid spectrum.  From how much estrogen is in your body, to gender roles, sexual orientation, to cross-dressing, to trans feelings, societal norms, everything.  some XY alpha males have multiple times more estrogen in their bloodstreams than some women.  And vice-versa for the XX spectrum.  Every single man has a little femininity in him and every woman has some masculinity in her.  It's just to varying degrees.  

Nobody is actually Left-Handed or Right-Handed.  It's a spectrum.  (unless you actually only have the one hand from birth or an accident, in which case I'm sorry).  You might be significantly more right-hand dominant but you still use your left hand for things.  You might be much more male-dominant but you still have feminine traits and tendencies.  

Anyway, I don't know how somebody against LGBTQ+ rights can watch that video of Rep. Newman and still walk away with hate in their hearts.  

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

It all starts with the same script, IMO. "We, in the X community, are under attack from Y."

"We, in the Christian community, are under attack from a radical transgender agenda."

The Pagan Greco-Roman Orgy culture of CrossFit is what they should really be alarmed about.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) why don’t the trans kids belong in the bathrooms, locker rooms, and sports teams to which they identify?

2) if it’s a sexual thing with regards to the bathrooms and locker rooms, where does she think the cis gay people should change or poop?  

3) is she against unisex bathrooms, which are all over the place, as well?  (Not sure if that’s true with regards to multi-person bathrooms)

4) who is this supposed to be protecting?

Because when the white GOP kids start hazing  by buttfucking each other with broomhandles, the trans kid is going to perv out.

Or something like that.

• Haha 2

I may not understand the whole trans thing, but it's real and it's causing a lot of emotional anguish for my niece. She's always been a tomboy, great at softball (should have been a dead giveaway). When she turned 13, she declared herself pansexual. In the past 3 years, she's gone back and forth between dressing like a dude and wearing overly tight athletic bra to hide her boobs; to being all girly with make-up, jewelry and cute nail polish colors.

I have no idea what changes will happen in the future, but I she's my niece and I'll continue to love her as a non-creepy uncle.

It's sad that my sister is still not willing to acknowledge reality. She's still holding onto hope that my niece will just be a run of the mill lesbian.

My poos sister aside, anyone who wants to take away my niece's happiness can fight me.

MTG is a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3