Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

29 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I debated on whether to post this, but just for reality, an immediate family member of mine took their own life due to bigotry and hatred toward trans people.  Not a small thing.

Condolences.  I appreciate you posting that.

My nephew is struggling with this.  He announced to his parents recently that most of the time he thinks he's in the wrong body.  Thank goodness he lives in a liberal bastion (suburbs of Portland) where there is a LGBTQ club in his middle school, and has incredibly supportive, open-minded parents.  I've known this was coming since he was about 1 year old.  I could just sense it.

Edited by BearSchlong

3 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Condolences.  I appreciate you posting that.

My nephew is struggling with this.  He announced to his parents recently that most of the time he thinks he's in the wrong body.  Thank goodness he lives in a liberal bastion (suburbs of Portland) where there is a LGBTQ club in his middle school, and has incredibly supportive, open-minded parents.  I've known this was coming since he was about 1 year old.  I could just sense it.

Just support him as a fellow human being is all I can offer you - lord knows I was judgmental at times inwardly, I tried to temper that outwardly, and I'm glad I did because the inward stuff came back in triplicate after the worst happened and I felt guilty as hell.  My sister (the parent) will never recover, and at best will continue surviving, although that is dicey at best. TLDR use the skills you've learned through your personal trials and you'll handle it fine.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

Better bring your A-game. She's all sweaty and hopped-up on the Mountain Dew after completing 20 kettlebell jerk-jacks, 12 overhead hanging pile pushers, an 800 meter single leg freedom skip, and a twenty hour session of tantric anal.

Hold my White Claw /Bama Chick

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Just support him as a fellow human being is all I can offer you - lord knows I was judgmental at times inwardly, I tried to temper that outwardly, and I'm glad I did because the inward stuff came back in triplicate after the worst happened and I felt guilty as hell.  My sister (the parent) will never recover, and at best will continue surviving, although that is dicey at best. TLDR use the skills you've learned through your personal trials and you'll handle it fine.

Yep.  The ripples and reverberations of that tragedy spread wide.  Judge's nephew was also my daughter's friend.  She still wakes up having dreams about him, and the loss.  The cruelty that people casually toss out like grenades does what grenades do -- casts shrapnel into people all around the blast.

This cruelty that they traffic in, as their prime currency....It's evil.  It's not any more complicated than that.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This cruelty that they traffic in, as their prime currency....It's evil.  It's not any more complicated than that.

I've had an awful lot of time to ruminate on that.  The amount of people in society that feel like they're not winning, unless someone else is losing.  Or suffering.  I've known a lot of people like that in my business life, and the only redeeming quality I can say about them is they're now mostly dead.  Trump embodied that - no matter how shitty of a human being I am I can treat someone else worse to feel better about myself.  Some parents really fucking failed.

• Hook 'Em 6

18 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

My sister (the parent) will never recover, and at best will continue surviving, although that is dicey at best.

That's awful.  My wife's sister had a son do the same.  It is by far the single most devastating thing I can imagine a parent going through.  The shockwaves continue to reverberate, several years later.

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Now that whole room smells like her sweaty ammonia butt crack.

"Congresswoman Greene, after you workout, the room smells like a little fat kid running around in the summer, ate about 35 deviled eggs, and then took a hot shit in a warm pool.  The room smells like somebody filled up a crock-pot with Campbell's clam chowder and three rolls of dirty pennies.  Your post workout room smells like Angela Lansbury dressed in a full leather bodysuit slept in a sleepingbag in an unventilated room with violent diarrhea from too much Golden Corral buffet."  /holmes

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

IAnd spare me the "keep in touch with family" thing - if you really want to keep in touch with Cousin Dingus in Bumfuck, Texas, you can pick up a phone and call him instead of wading through his Facebook conspiracy theory posts.  

You know, it's OK if people make the calculation that the convenience of connecting with family and old friends via FB is worth the pain in the ass factor of conspiracy theorists.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Okay death cult you want to show some bi-partisanship? You really want to show that you are not the party of hate, bigotry, racism, misogyny and all other assorted human behaviors that are designed to denigrate the portion of the population you deem lesser than?

spacer.png

Not interested.

• Hook 'Em 1

WTF?  Fix your fucking algorithms you morons.

Probably wasn’t even an algorithm - a bunch of MGT stans have organized online and mass reporting any posts on Facebook/Twitter/whateverthefuck as hate speech to get the posts removed.

I think all the different platforms have some kind of automatic kill switch on posts that get a ton of reports from users and then it gets checked by a real human.

It’s just GQP nuts weaponizing the safeguards for their own benefit.
  • Rage+1 1