RIP Cloris Leachman

GreenspointTexas

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Many other early 70s movies don't hold up but Last Picture Show is still worth a watch.

For Dr. Frankenstein, I guess we're down to Mel Brooks and Teri Garr from the main people involved?

Probably worthy of a separate, non-derailing thread but man...Bogdanovich's career arc is eerily similar to one of his idols, Orson Welles. Stormed out of the gate & made his greatest achievement at a young age (TLPS), followed by back to back acclaimed movies (What's Up Doc and Paper Moon), wandered in the wilderness, pulled out one last inside straight (Mask) and then settled into a reclusive existence of ascots and what ifs.

I know the murder of his girlfriend Dorothy Stratten in 1980 messed with him heavily, but as a director he always struck me as a man who wished he was born a generation earlier.

People talk about legends but it’s not often you get an award winning actor who doesn’t take themselves too seriously. I mean everyone knows her from Young Frankenstein but how cool is it that she did Beerfest for the Broken Lizard guys? And she played an old whore making dick jokes!

RIP awesome lady. They don’t make em like you any more.

There aren't many in the biz that worked as long as she did and worked consistently during her span. i see her in old black & white westerns TV shows and it's pretty amazing how she held up over the years, funny lady, pretty versatile and talented, off-beat sexy, definitely sloot.