My Not So Short Story on GME

Eastwood

Lots to be determined for sure...who knows how long until everything is digital. Depends on if the masses go along with it or not. As for the Amazon bit ; Why is there ups and fedex, xbox and playstation....options are good and needed

Also just off of memory I believe there was some reddit math that if gme was valued like a start up it's price based on cap/sales and whatnot would be around 100$ per share....the price being driven down below the fundamentals is what started all this

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Back on the move up....I ain't going to lie, I'm hoping this thing gets over with soon...this rise and then get manipulated down then rise again is getting old....I just want my $$$ so I can reinvest and not check portfolio everyday

It’s hard to not pull the trigger today.  Our money manager threatened me within inch of my life if I did.

•  
Stephen Totilo
Wed, March 24, 2021, 2:44 PM·1 min read
  •  

Eight members of GameStop's board of directors will leave the company after the gaming retailer's annual meeting in June, according to a new filing.

Why it matters: The "significant changes" will ensure a near-total transformation of board leadership for a company riding a stock market rollercoaster. It also affirms that new board members, led by Chewy co-founder Ryan Cohen, will chart the company's future.

The planned exits, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, include Reggie Fils-Aimé, who was appointed to the board last March and who had previously become a gaming industry celebrity as the long-time president of Nintendo's American division.

• Also leaving is Kathy Vrabeck, a former executive at Activision. Her plan to exit was announced in January.

• That will leave the board with far less games industry expertise.

Between the lines: Cohen has been calling for a company shake-up since late last year, pushing for a shift to digital sales.

• In early March, GameStop announced that Cohen would chair a "strategic planning and capital allocation committee" to figure out the company's future. None of the eight departing board members were on it.

https://news.yahoo.com/most-gamestops-board-step-down-194419019.html?guccounter=1

The ship is starting to turn. Just hope it isn't in the Suez Canal.

Yeah saw that the other day.....hedgies need to let this pop so it can crash back down and they can recoup loses on the way back up and when it pops if they bought some calls and whatnot

Finished after-hours at 291$....57%increase on the day

I don't think gamestop is going to help them out by issuing shares after they shorted them down to like 4$ a share

Gme announces it filed for right to sell 3.5 million shares "at market" from time to time....

Stock crashed 28$ on this news but....

It's only 3.5 million shares, that's peanuts
There is no time or price set just the right to sell shares.

This is gme corp trying to make some cash when this thing pops imo(others also)...

• 2 weeks later...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roaring-kitty-acquires-more-shares-235716087.html

The man known as "Roaring Kitty" on social media, whose online posts helped spark January's trading frenzy in GameStop Corp, exercised call options on the stock to acquire 50,000 more shares at a strike price of $12, Bloomberg reported.

Bloomberg cited a screenshot of Keith Gill's portfolio showing that he exercised 500 GameStop call options expiring Friday, when the stock closed at $154.69.

The screenshots were posted on Reddit by Gill, and his mother confirmed the posts to Bloomberg. Reuters could not immediately reach the Gills for comment on Saturday.

His total investment in GameStop is now worth more than $30 million, giving him a profit of nearly $20 million, Bloomberg said. Gill has 200,000 shares in the company, the report said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roaring-kitty-acquires-more-shares-235716087.html
The man known as "Roaring Kitty" on social media, whose online posts helped spark January's trading frenzy in GameStop Corp, exercised call options on the stock to acquire 50,000 more shares at a strike price of $12, Bloomberg reported.
Bloomberg cited a screenshot of Keith Gill's portfolio showing that he exercised 500 GameStop call options expiring Friday, when the stock closed at $154.69.
The screenshots were posted on Reddit by Gill, and his mother confirmed the posts to Bloomberg. Reuters could not immediately reach the Gills for comment on Saturday.
His total investment in GameStop is now worth more than $30 million, giving him a profit of nearly $20 million, Bloomberg said. Gill has 200,000 shares in the company, the report said.

Not only did he exercise options he bought 50k more shares to get to 200k shares....

So domo capital tweeted out a screenshot from gme regarding upcoming vote stating there is
70,761,778 shares outstanding.

Reddit then proceeds to go thru the filing which list insider share holders(suits and hedgies) and come up with 55,722,368.

Making the float 15mil.....so it is very possible retail owns the float.

The float might be closer to 26m...seems to be some discussion on the math going on

Either way it appears retail owns the float as even conservatively like I posted earlier in thread if you take half of wallstreetbets and give them an avg of 10 shares that is 45mil shares....

GME completed a 3.5 million share offer today, injecting those shares into the market and earning around $500 million. Share price actually went up, finishing the day up 11.74% at $168.93 and touching $198 in the after hours. With $500 million in fresh cash and the shedding of under-performing stores during COVID, bankruptcy is now a distant dream of short sellers.

11 hours ago, RGBIII said:

This is fucking rocket fuel. If anyone is reading this and not buying as much GME as they can this is your last chance (not financial advice, I just like the stock)

Whats the latest bull case on GME. Short interest appears to be way down, so are people still hoping for a squeeze? Or is the play now that they will successfully restructure from a physical retailer into  a new company, which presumably takes years.

Whats the latest bull case on GME. Short interest appears to be way down, so are people still hoping for a squeeze? Or is the play now that they will successfully restructure from a physical retailer into  a new company, which presumably takes years.
To your first question, the commonly held belief among squeeze enthusiasts is that the short interest is not being accurately reported and that the stock is "irreparably shorted" (that's how I would put it, at least). There is no way to sort through which shares are synthetic and which are real, there are probably more bona fide owners of the stock than there are shares available, and barring bankruptcy or a legitimizing of all synthetic shares, which would dilute the stock, there is always the potential that large short positions get obliterated and margin called.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastwood said:
2 hours ago, Blotto said:

To your first question, the commonly held belief among squeeze enthusiasts is that the short interest is not being accurately reported and that the stock is "irreparably shorted" (that's how I would put it, at least). There is no way to sort through which shares are synthetic and which are real, there are probably more bona fide owners of the stock than there are shares available, and barring bankruptcy or a legitimizing of all synthetic shares, which would dilute the stock, there is always the potential that large short positions get obliterated and margin called.

What Clint said. Also I like their pivot plan

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This^

Also I came to add that per screen shots(fidelity) and reddit that the buying orders have far out weighed the sells yet the price goes down

Saw stuff floating around reddit that people overseas are claiming their buy orders are coming back unfulfilled and price keeps going down on low volume.

Lots of shady stuff if true...take with grain of salt since it's the internet and I'm not interested in deep diving to dbl check, but I agree lots of shady shut has went down since end of January

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

This^

Also I came to add that per screen shots(fidelity) and reddit that the buying orders have far out weighed the sells yet the price goes down

Saw stuff floating around reddit that people overseas are claiming their buy orders are coming back unfulfilled and price keeps going down on low volume.

Lots of shady stuff if true...take with grain of salt since it's the internet and I'm not interested in deep diving to dbl check, but I agree lots of shady shut has went down since end of January

Retail owns the float

• Like 1

I may be late to the party here but here's this piece that came out 3 days ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/bill-and-melinda-gates-e2-80-99s-divorce-was-a-predictable-market-phenomenon-and-bullish-for-gamestop-e2-80-94-allow-us-to-explain/ar-BB1gmiKd

The end of Bill and Melinda Gates’s marriage is just the first in what will be a slew of billionaire divorces, and it’s all bullish for GameStop’s stock

And it was just another Tuesday on retail-investor social media.

The announcement that Bill and Melinda Gates are divorcing caught the whole world by surprise, but by Monday evening members of the Reddit board r/GME had unearthed an almost two-month-old post by user Jobom3 tying a spike in borrowed GameStop shares to the likelihood that billionaire hedge funders and their wealthy investors were increasing their short positions as part of a plan to prepare for their impending divorces.

On the morning of March 11, a Reddit post pointed out that more than 1 million GameStop shares had been borrowed in premarket action, a signal that pro-GameStop Redditors interpreted as a signal of a new skirmish in the ongoing conflict between hedge funds trying to short GameStop into oblivion and Regular Joe investors hell-bent on proving that the videogame retailer is fundamentally undervalued and should not be killed off by wealthy Wall Street traders playing a rigged game.

“Another 1 million shares borrowed from ETFs in pre-market …” blared a Reddit post headline that morning, with a screenshot appearing to show the availability of GameStop shares from ETFs exposed to the stock.

Minutes later, Jobom3 piped up with this theory: “I think they are just buying time to secure their personal assets,” read the comment. “Moving them to offshore or divorce their wives and put the money in their name. Tricks like that. At least that’s what I would do.”

On 5/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, Incredulity said:

unrelated to GME but in relation to above on WSB

had no idea who this dude was(CEO of Enron Energy Services from March 1997 until January 2001 and CEO of Enron Xcelerator, a venture capital division of Enron, from February 2001 until June 2001), but that's not important.

Pai's frequent strip club visits during his time with Enron led to an affair with stripper Melanie Fewell (who was also married), and resulted in a pregnancy. Upon learning of the affair, Pai's then-wife of over 20 years, Lanna, with whom he has two biological children, filed for divorce. To satisfy the financial terms of his divorce settlement, Pai cashed out approximately $250 million of his Enron stock  just months before the company's stock price dramatically collapsed and it filed for bankruptcy protection. After the divorce, Pai and Fewell married. 

The bolded decision is questionable, but thats gotta be the most fortuitous interaction in the history of scrip clubs. 

On 5/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Blotto said:

The bolded decision is questionable, but thats gotta be the most fortuitous interaction in the history of scrip clubs. 

Ok honey, we’re about get get screwed out of bajillions of dollars... but I have a plan.  It involves me spending countless hours at the scrip club, and impregnating a scripper. 

• 2 weeks later...

at a broad level, for the last weeks, a lot of big money went off the sidelines and waited to pile back in, and the short interest % picked up across the board as general sentiment went bearish.

some orchestration of short squeezes across the market today - gme, mvis, amc, chinese shit like gotu and eh and more.  big boys turfing with one another.

22 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Anyone here follow WSB obsessively and wanna fill us plebes in on their next big YOLO stocks pretty please??

I only follow GME and AMC for the most part. All the other stocks they talk about end up jumping before you have a chance to hop on. AMC and GME are very unique, once in a lifetime 

• Drool 1

I will 💎 🙌🏻 the fuck out of GME. This isn’t even close to the real squeeze. Wait till the voter count comes out and it’s shown how much retail owns the float...AMC I’m gonna ride it just long enough to put my profits in GME

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I will 💎 🙌🏻 the fuck out of GME. This isn’t even close to the real squeeze. Wait till the voter count comes out and it’s shown how much retail owns the float...AMC I’m gonna ride it just long enough to put my profits in GME

yeah, i'm still holding onto gme. felt late to the party, but it's been a weird ride.

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, i'm still holding onto gme. felt late to the party, but it's been a weird ride.

Nothing like it and nothing will ever be like it IMO. I had 5 shares at like $120 on the first wave, when it hit $40 I went bat shit and bought all I could, been averaging up ever since