Texas 10

Incarnate Word 1

UT-Arlington 4

Baylor 3

Wednesday (3/24):

Kansas @ Lafayette 

Oklahoma @ Texas State

On 3/24/2021 at 8:36 AM, NorthLoop said:

Man lots of Tuesday hangovers. Also does okie state suck this year? 

I don’t think so, dropping two series to Vandy and @Tech isn’t something to be overly embarrassed by...but the midweek noncon has been the opposite of the norm where we take care of of business against everyone but ORU.  Lack of situational hitting and good plate approaches tend to improve as the season wears on, but general pitching and defense has been stout.  

Obviously will see but not sure I’d call that sucking.  Just swept KSU so thats nice. 

Edited by Homercles

6 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

So does Baylor suck? 

I'm also beginning to wonder whether Baylor is down this year. To begin the season, they lost two out of three to UT Rio Grande Valley but beat Auburn. They lost games to aggy and ou, beat Sam Houston State, swept Memphis and Xavier, and lost a game to UT Arlington before losing two out of three to Texas and all three to TCU. They're now 13-10 and are giving up a lot of runs. They always have talent but they don't look nearly as good as usual. TCU is pretty good but I don't think they're quite up to the level of many TCU teams I've seen. Their hitting is inconsistent. They'll score a ton of runs for a few games and then mostly shut down for a couple of games. Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Oklahoma State look like the best of the Big 12 this year. Like Baylor, ou is 13-10 and appears to be a bit down.

Yeah it's been hard to tell where Texas falls in this. Our first 3 games were abysmal but you can toss a few excuses out for those games. 

Then the SC series which makes us look great, especially after they just swept Florida. 

Baylor was looking like an offensive juggernaut before they played us and we shut them down. But now they look like shit. 

OU was looking like an offensive juggernaut before they played us and we shut them down. In hindsight they might not be so great. 

I guess all we can do is just keep winning and we'll find out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yuuuuuuup. I think we were voted behind one of the Kansas schools in the preseason poll and that seems right.

Ouch. Thought so. Doesn't look like a typical Baylor baseball team. I can't offer you any sympathy, though, because that basketball team looks like they'll win it all, if they can handle Gonzaga. 

4 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah it's been hard to tell where Texas falls in this. Our first 3 games were abysmal but you can toss a few excuses out for those games. 

Then the SC series which makes us look great, especially after they just swept Florida. 

Baylor was looking like an offensive juggernaut before they played us and we shut them down. But now they look like shit. 

OU was looking like an offensive juggernaut before they played us and we shut them down. In hindsight they might not be so great. 

I guess all we can do is just keep winning and we'll find out. 

Yeah dude this feels like a weird ass season but whatever. We play nothing but dog shit till we play in Stillwater April 23rd. Over the next 15 games, we should go probably at worst 12-3. Then at okie state, tech and at tcu. We’ll see what we’re made of. Our pitching and defense should keep us in most games. 

8 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Pokes walk off ou. We treat them in baseball like they treat us in football. It’s pretty fun from this side.

Shoulda never been in that situation outside those two big errors, and seems like our plate approach is back to trash...but a bedlam win is a win, and seems like whatever Josh does wakes up the bats towards the end of the regular season. 

Too late to edit but I’m glad we won that game as AJ Ferrari apparently ripped his shirt off and flexed near the OU dugout before the game started.  When the game was ugly and we were watching strike 3 fastballs fly by, I was starting to wonder if he had doomed us.  

Edited by Homercles

48 minutes ago, WBT said:

OU jumped ahead 3-0 but it's now 7-3 TCU.

law and order crazy shit GIF

All good. Madden and Stevens will shut em down Friday and Saturday with Kub and the bullpen finishing em off Sunday. Been a good weekend so I’m feeling optimistic 

Tuesday (4/6):

Pitt 5

West Virginia 1

Kansas 8

Texas Southern 1 (DH)

Kansas 8

Texas Southern 0 (DH)

TCU 13

Tarleton State 9

Kansas State 12

Arkansas-PB 2

Texas 14