2021 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Tech series this weekend vs UI-Chicago is cancelled due to positive Cv-19 test within the UI-C program.

Does that mean they basically have a "Bye" this weekend for some rest or is it possible that they could/would schedule another team, if possible? (If this is something that has occurred often this season, I've not paid much attention to it.) Sucks to lose out on games this time of year.

19 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Does that mean they basically have a "Bye" this weekend for some rest or is it possible that they could/would schedule another team, if possible? (If this is something that has occurred often this season, I've not paid much attention to it.) Sucks to lose out on games this time of year.

Efforting...allegedly.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

TCU is still a damn good baseball team, but that Sunday starter spot is a problem for them.

Their starting rotation isn't that great.  TCU can really hit and they have some legit bullpen arms but their starting rotation isn't even top 10 in the country. 

I actually think this is true of all the top teams in the Big 12 outside of Texas. 

A healthy Hansen and Madden would definitely be ahead of any of TCU's starters. Maybe even Stevens. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 5/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My two sisters and I went and cooked lunch for my mom today.  After lunch some of the great grandkids went swimming.  My daughter and I were sitting by the pool listening to the UT game.  My mom started asking us how the team was this year and I told her we looked pretty good.  My daughter chimed in and told her that I had promised to take her to the CWS when we made it this year.  My mom then tells me that going to the CWS and watching Texas was one of the few things on her bucket list that she hadn’t done.  so I have now promised to take them both.  Pierce better come through because my mom is 90.

Yeah I am headed to Omaha this year with my Dad. We always wanted to go on this trip together and he is getting up there. No pressure Pierce.

Guest Lobo

First and foremost...go Tech.  Sweep OU.  For a number of reasons.

Second...go KSU.  Need them to sweep and be hungry to steal a game or two from TCU so they can make the big tourney.

Third, go ULM.  Just 'cause RPI and distancing ourself from TCU in case there's any doubts over which Texas team gets the best seeding after OKC.

Still unsure of who to pull for in OSU for Baylor for maths purposes.  

Miami-OH @ WVU contending for most "who could possibly give a flying fuck" series.  

Guest Lobo

Forget all that shit I said about KSU having something to play for to close out the season and maybe backdoor as the final Big XII bid.  Swept by Kansas in a DH today, scoring 1 run in two games or some shit?  ULM beats TCU.  OSU and Baylor tied into the 10th.  Fuck Baylor is all I know.  I had a feeling OU would fuck us and take 2 of 3 from Tech to make our one series loss all year look even worse.  They're well on their way.  Gonna be a wild finish to the year.  

Guest Lobo
9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Lobo like every thing you wished for the opposite happened. You should go now. 

Hey, I predicted ULM would take 1 from TCU.  But yeah, I'm out of conference play predictions.   

Probably benefits us for Kansas to finish the sweep today. Kansas has a shot to finish in the RPI top 50 which would give us 3 more wins against a Q1 opponent. 

Kansas State is dead, have to win the tournament. Kansas actually has a slim chance at an at large with their RPI currently sitting at 56 with Tech still to play. 

Good news for us is everybody around us is losing giving us a real shot at the #2 seed. 

Guest Lobo

Did not realize that about Kansas, good to know.  They'll be lucky to make it to 30 wins overall though, that doesn't scream at-large bid even in this slightly-truncated season.  

They have to finish with a tough 4 game road stretch at Mizzou and at Tech.  And still one of the bottom two seeds in OKC.  But I will thank them for this little RPI bump.  

Also, I just noticed that WVU is playing two against nearby Miami-OH this weekend.  And then tomorrow, Sunday, is hosting a double-header with Dayton.  I get packing in non-conf. opponents at the close of the regular season, just very rarely ever see a 1-1-2 with two different opponents.  Craptastic Dayton is gonna drag down WVU's already miserable SOS/RPI.  Which will in turn effect us unless we sweep WVU.  Which we should do anyway.  I hope.  Nevermind.  No jinx.  

Somebody tell Tech to get their shit together today.

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did not realize that about Kansas, good to know.  They'll be lucky to make it to 30 wins overall though, that doesn't scream at-large bid even in this slightly-truncated season.  

They have to finish with a tough 4 game road stretch at Mizzou and at Tech.  And still one of the bottom two seeds in OKC.  But I will thank them for this little RPI bump.  

Also, I just noticed that WVU is playing two against nearby Miami-OH this weekend.  And then tomorrow, Sunday, is hosting a double-header with Dayton.  I get packing in non-conf. opponents at the close of the regular season, just very rarely ever see a 1-1-2 with two different opponents.  Craptastic Dayton is gonna drag down WVU's already miserable SOS/RPI.  Which will in turn effect us unless we sweep WVU.  Which we should do anyway.  I hope.  Nevermind.  No jinx.  

Somebody tell Tech to get their shit together today.

I was just saying even coming into the weekend Kansas probably had a slightly better shot than Kansas State. Both would have had to win the tournament regardless. KSU’s RPI was irreparable.