Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2021 at 05:00 AM

Schwab can trade almost all OTC without fees. They just don't have ThinkOrSwim. I've toyed with monitoring on ToS and buying on schwab.

I paid over $500 in fees last year on TDA and that is without jumping in and out of positions to maximize profits. Now my overall gains obviously make that totally worth it, but it's definitely affected my trading style for better or for worse

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Schwab can trade almost all OTC without fees. They just don't have ThinkOrSwim. I've toyed with monitoring on ToS and buying on schwab.

I paid over $500 in fees last year on TDA and that is without jumping in and out of positions to maximize profits. Now my overall gains obviously make that totally worth it, but it's definitely affected my trading style for better or for worse

I messaged tda after seeing my otc fees were even higher than yours. Told them if they can’t slash or cut them out I’ll be moving to a broker who doesn’t charge, especially after the bullshit outages at critical market moments. Of course no reply yet.

25 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I bought XMET through Fidelity yesterday. Haven't tried SNVP

Yeah Xmet is fine, I’ve owned it for months in fidelity.  But the pink sheets are hit or miss there.  SNVP is definitely a no go.  As was EGOC (another quick hitter I missed out on) but for the most part I can’t complain.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, RCRanger03 said:

Low risk to go with @Harrison Stafford picks not as much volatility great mind behind jumping in, but you should check there because I don't buy over a $1.

XMET is my stonk spirit animal, highest risk reward. Could go back to trips with bad news, could go to a $1 with good. Hell if i know, but that's my Millionaire make retirement package.

PFMS is toying with breaking a penny and when the Samtrade news comes it will probably be more like FPVD range. Both of those will be less volatile as long as no negative shareholder news like R/S comes with 8ks. It's good to get spread around there so half you account doesn't disappear when you're not looking. Happened to me twice with ALPP early on lol and then once on early SNVP 

Reading up on XMET is fascinating. nobody knows what the company will .... do. Just hype behind the current custodian and the ceo that bought the shell. Reading the DD discussions on reddit is hilarious. Sounds like they expect Feb to be a make or break month. 

I'm going to do the responsible thing and hedge XMET / PFMS with more AMYZF.

Gotta have a little YOLO skin in the game

8 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

8 hours ago, nycHorn said:

The Schwab app is terrible. The website is marginally better. But I have OTC going on all three of my platforms - Schwab, TDA, Vanguard. It’s exhausting.

Schwab is great for trading all types of stocks with no fees, but their app and web trading tools aren't very good. I make all trades through Schwab and use Webull for their charts. Webull works great for everything expect for OTC securities because the quotes are on a 15 minute delay. So it's a pain using Schwab for OTC charts.

I'd love to see Schwab switch over to the ThinkorSwim interface.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, nycHorn said:

The Schwab app is terrible. The website is marginally better. But I have OTC going on all three of my platforms - Schwab, TDA, Vanguard. It’s exhausting.

Are you trading OTC in a Roth at Vanguard? I can’t trade those there but would like to know how if possible....would just make it easier...so far TDA has been ok and I’m going to open a Schwab for things I can only do there.

50 minutes ago, bluto said:

Def doing Otc on vanguard. Tsnp been an 8x’r for me in it... and as stupid as it sounds, the explosive potential of these pennies actually makes sense to me in a Roth. ‘I can get 200x returns tax free, ok’

Yep.  Dropping a $6k contribution into a Roth and spreading $1500e/ across 4 pennies would be pretty damn nice nest egg to build if one or two of them goes ALPP.  

Reading up on XMET is fascinating. nobody knows what the company will .... do. Just hype behind the current custodian and the ceo that bought the shell. Reading the DD discussions on reddit is hilarious. Sounds like they expect Feb to be a make or break month. 
I'm going to do the responsible thing and hedge XMET / PFMS with more AMYZF.
Gotta have a little YOLO skin in the game

XMET has always been interesting for 3 reasons.

The first one was David Lazar, getting a Lazar Shell at .0002 almost always ends well in the money and your ability to get massive amounts at that level is so cheap. My total cost for my 10M original shares was $2k. Strangely Lazar process which has always been very consistent went very differently here. It was way faster, and he sold earlier in the process than normal. He also held onto 16M common shares. That makes me think it's an outlier.

2nd was the endgame of the R/M which is always a wildcard. This one was sold to a Chinese buyer, my research says it's a holding company, but that's still an educated guess at best. Also lately a lot of Lazar shells have been instantly R/S by incoming companies, Although by Nevada law it can't happen until termination of Lazar's Custodianship. STILL this is the biggest risk in XMET at what the current SS seems to be. It could also go like TSNP has if the company is a banger (although unlikely it will have as much potential as TSNP)

Which leads to the third reason XMET is interesting the share reduction theory. XMET is a divy stock from Paychest PYCT. The previous CEO overissued shares above its Authorized Shares to the tune of 8+ Billion. The earlier Sept filings note that and say that corporate action will need to be taken, and the A/S was raised to 9B to cover any liabilty of those shares with a par value of .001 (mind you are the time they were only trading at .0002). The following month were a series of court maneuvers that worked through allowing anyone to make claims as to anything that the company XMET owed them. The only one was their Transfer Agent for $500. Former CEO is now dead, his family didn't claim anything, all the cronies and companies holding invalid shares didn't claim anything. So then Lazar motions to bar all unasserted claims from being made in the previous claim period. That's the result we just saw last week. In previous shells he's gotten this court to authorizd him to cancel shares of a company he has taken over and the stage has been set for him to do so now. Also he filed in January a form that says that there will be a termination of a shareclass that is par value .0001 of which there are only 2 current shareholders, but XMET's par value is set at .001 signed off on by Wei Tian. We believe this is the over issued shares held apart from the currently held shares

All of the above to say if the shares are reduced significantly, it will be multiple pennies before any further news comes about the R/M. XMET has been moving to fast on too little volume to be over 8B outstanding. I've been in holdings with 10B shares and it was 1-2B shares in buying volume to move is a .0002 in PPS

If the R/M is then awesome on top of that and no R/S due to the reduction we could see what TSNP is doing.

I only need it to go to .15 to be valued at $1M on my current shares which are free off my initial pulls months ago. That's why I'm holding

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Def doing Otc on vanguard. Tsnp been an 8x’r for me in it... and as stupid as it sounds, the explosive potential of these pennies actually makes sense to me in a Roth. ‘I can get 200x returns tax free, ok’
You have TSNP in a Tax free gains account... I'm insanely jealous. I need to get one of these setup ASAP

Sad panda can’t have a Roth.  I would highly recommend one to everyone who qualifies though.  

I do have a traditional ira in addition to regular and a couple of custodial accounts. I wish I had done the Penny route with the custodial accounts but my kids get to choose their investments and both said nothing that can lose money.  So it’s pretty low risk stuff for them.

What is good for the next week?  I am having serious withdrawal issues this weekend.

7 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Sad panda can’t have a Roth.  I would highly recommend one to everyone who qualifies though.  

I do have a traditional ira in addition to regular and a couple of custodial accounts. I wish I had done the Penny route with the custodial accounts but my kids get to choose their investments and both said nothing that can lose money.  So it’s pretty low risk stuff for them.

What is good for the next week?  I am having serious withdrawal issues this weekend.

Converted the traditional several years back where I could make backdoor Roth conversions going forward.

Converted the traditional several years back where I could make backdoor Roth conversions going forward.

Had to set up the backdoor deal for 20 and going fwd (til they close that loophole), still need to do the shuffle on it though.

Keep an eye out for a Tsnp dip beyond the usual Tsnp ATH retracing, supposedly Timothy Sykes is working on a panic dip tomorrow morning per twitters.

Had to set up the backdoor deal for 20 and going fwd (til they close that loophole), still need to do the shuffle on it though.

Keep an eye out for a Tsnp dip beyond the usual Tsnp ATH retracing, supposedly Timothy Sykes is working on a panic dip tomorrow morning per twitters.

Is he trying to get a better entry point?

25 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Anyone looked at OZSC?

Briefly.  The reddit furor around it looked and felt like a pump and dump, but I just had too many going at once.  The only "trashy" penny I'm holding besides XMET is TLSS which was red for a while for me but is now starting to roll.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

I like discounted stonk

What's the surlcensus on how long this penny frenzy lasts? I'm worried I got in too late, but the opportunity for these boffo short term returns pulled me in. Whatever I may lose is nothing I haven't lost on fantasy football or sports wagering. 

I’ve wondered the same, is this just a total frenzy bubble on pennies? Rising market with the general market euphoria? Or biz as usual picking winners/losers? I’d like to think wildass runs like alpp and Tsnp would shine thru based on their legit potential and merits even in a ‘normal’ market but I have zero history or pretext.

Well Sykes very publicly was part of the big retrace off the first CC.

I think it will be much harder this time. So many people have made money, survived the big dips, and caught the vision and potential. There is so much to come out just this month alone. I just don't see much more than a normal retrace.

I'm doubtful it loses $1 again

Click on this link and read thru the introduction. It will tell you what TSNP/HUMBL are trying to build.
Investorshub page for TSNP
Yes it is iHub but the information is pretty good.
Right, I am aware of that but with venmo, paypal, zelle etc you have to be a little skeptical about the valuation. I'm not trying to piss in cheerios and I wish I had bought in weeks ago but the rocketship rise against that unrealistic market cap has to give some credence to bearish sentiment. Three BILLION DOLLARS for an OTC with a gazillion outstanding shares?

Again, I'm intrigued by their potential, I want to get some skin in, I just don't understand what is driving that valuation.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Right, I am aware of that but with venmo, paypal, zelle etc you have to be a little skeptical about the valuation. I'm not trying to piss in cheerios and I wish I had bought in weeks ago but the rocketship rise against that unrealistic market cap has to give some credence to bearish sentiment. Three BILLION DOLLARS for an OTC with a gazillion outstanding shares?

Again, I'm intrigued by their potential, I want to get some skin in, I just don't understand what is driving that valuation.

FOMO is driving it at the moment. and yes, it is ahead of itself considering it has been live for less than two weeks.  HUMBLpay will allow you to send money to multiple different countries where venmo, paypal, etc mostly do not allow that. IMO, this ability is a big advantage for HUMBL.

PayPal just announced they are pulling out of India so that is a huge market opportunity for somebody. And when/if HUMBLpay is approved in the US there will be a lot of money flowing to Mexico through the app.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluto said:

RC is there anything to both alpp and Tsnp having such volume closing the week out on those highs that it helps sustain higher floors? Alpp looks like it traded a shit ton above low $6’s.

Yeah I think they both have new supports. They are both showing strong PM upward trading. I think there will be a retrace moreso in TSNP than in ALPP but maybe off a higher open so it will be null. ALPP didn't get to run any off the actual call news which was all great, so that could Gap more I wouldn't be shocked if it breaks $8 off the bell and then comes back to around $7ish. 

8 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

And if the app falls through they can fall back on their roots as a flooring company 

I don't care who you are, now thats funny! If I can't just get sustain stairsetpping out of TSNP, I really do want to see a test and bounce off of $1 support

Edited by RCRanger03

48 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Yeah I think they both have new supports. They are both showing strong PM upward trading. I think there will be a retrace moreso in TSNP than in ALPP but maybe off a higher open so it will be null. ALPP didn't get to run any off the actual call news which was all great, so that could Gap more I wouldn't be shocked if it breaks $8 off the bell and then comes back to around $7ish. 

I don't care who you are, now thats funny! If I can't just get sustain stairsetpping out of TSNP, I really do want to see a test and bounce off of $1 support

Everything running hard this morning. You love to see it.

• Hook 'Em 2