Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m having a hard time taking profits with everything so green lately, but I probably need to on a couple. I almost did with SNVP near .02. 

Yea I mean by take profits I mean selling 1/10th of my shares to pull my original investment lol

I am enjoying watching AMYZF, FPVD, PFMS, and XMET at the moment.
It is fun getting in on these when you can buy 10k shares for not a big investment.  
I have been trying to identify more of these, but no luck.  What is the secret?

Follow here, plus I found a guru on Twitter. (I can whole heartedly say that @superduperinvestor is lights out. I’ve only lost on one call of hers out of probably 30 )
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

XMET just steadily climbing the ladder. 

14 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Stairway to heaven

had a small position in xmet at $0.0095 or so, then was waiting on dip below $1 again to add some more. It flirted with it but the order didn't fill for about an hour and said fuckit what's $0.001 per share, bumped the order to $0.01 flat and nabbed it. Total of a modest 30,000 shares but looks gangster on the position list lol. 40% up since then, YOLO.

12 minutes ago, LarryTT said:

Follow here, plus I found a guru on Twitter. (I can whole heartedly say that @superduperinvestor is lights out. I’ve only lost on one call of hers out of probably 30 )

A quick look at her pick history and she either is legit or has enough followers that they affect the stock price the day she posts a pick. Either way, stonk money!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

I sold 60k shares of ALPP for less than $3k. Would be worth just about 1/2 a million now. Luckily I kept a lot too but that really stings.

I feels you bro. 50k for me. My only consolation is that I used that money to buy my TSNP core position at .0195

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

These fucking pennies and the 100+% P/L in 3-4 trading days is going to snuff my will out for regular trading. jeez. 

This x 1000

I'm up 158% on TSLA, 71% on Asana, 50% on $BA and the list goes on.... however I really just want to mess with those pennies that go to 1000% in weeks.

3 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Vanguard keeps blocking most of my OTC purchase attempts. What is the best company to use to have less restrictions on purchases?

Sorry if this has already been covered!

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Interactive Brokers or TD Ameritrade

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

These fucking pennies and the 100+% P/L in 3-4 trading days is going to snuff my will out for regular trading. jeez. 

I look at my regular investment account with its 18% annual return last year and think it's such a little underachieving bitch.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We need to make a running list of all of the stonks everyone is on that we can repost to the top of every page.  It's getting to be a beating having to go back and find them on this thread and the stonks thread every time.  

Just took some profits in a few names that I can transfer over for a 2020 ROTH contribution and buy them back, even at the higher prices.  Will be looking to buy the stonkiest stonk I find first thing in the morning tomorrow.   

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

We need to make a running list of all of the stonks everyone is on that we can repost to the top of every page.  It's getting to be a beating having to go back and find them on this thread and the stonks thread every time.  

Just took some profits in a few names that I can transfer over for a 2020 ROTH contribution and buy them back, even at the higher prices.  Will be looking to buy the stonkiest stonk I find first thing in the morning tomorrow.   

That's not a bad idea, but it would take up the 10-20 post per page - I need to clean up my stonk watchlist and then I can just post screenshots of that

As of closing today with XMET rising to the occasion my holdings are all over a penny. Subpennies starting from .0002 - .0008 (XMET, SNVP), 2 from .001 - .002 (PFMS, FPVD), 1 from .006 (MEDH)

I think that means I need to go shopping for more subpennies a little earlier than i expected. Was thinking I would start in March. I'm listening to yalls advice and am going to be funding a ROTH with $12k . I'll be posting those in here when I get to do some solid research, feel free to PM me tickers that you're already in you want me to DD on.

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

34 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Interactive Brokers or TD Ameritrade

Just FYI, TD Ameritrade charges $6.95 per OTC trade. Interactive Brokers charges $0.005 per share for Pro platform or 1% of trade value, $0 for IBKR Lite . I have never had a trade rejected using TD Ameritrade. I don't trade OTC with my IB account due to the $0.005 per share fee. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, CooterBrown said:

Isn't there an income limit on Roth IRAs?  Is there a way around that limit?

There is an income limit.  RCRanger may only be able to make the contribution for 2020.  I had a bad year last year, so I'm gonna go ahead and make that contribution now.  Doubt I'll qualify to make a 2021 contribution at the rate things are going.  

57 minutes ago, zzz said:

Just FYI, TD Ameritrade charges $6.95 per OTC trade. Interactive Brokers charges $0.005 per share for Pro platform or 1% of trade value, $0 for IBKR Lite . I have never had a trade rejected using TD Ameritrade. I don't trade OTC with my IB account due to the $0.005 per share fee. 

Schwab doesn't charge a fee on the purchase, and the sale side is pennies. I haven't had a transaction rejected at Schwab, but I'm only in 4-5 pennies, and that is down to 2-3 because some have moved out of the penny range.