Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2021 at 05:00 AM

I just spent an embarrassingly long amount of time in excel confirming that it doesn't matter what shares get sold when it comes to money. only in % +/- of what's leftover in the position as far as green and red. The loss no longer gets factored in and shows a big nice % gained even though you just took a hammer to the face. 

edit - great way to start the new page 🤣

edit 2 - so I'm definitely selling the high lots so I can feel better about myself later. 

Edited by cam4mav
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tax reasons are the main reason you'd be choosing lots, for example if you have certain lots that are big gainers but are not yet to LT gains time, then you might choose other lots to sell that have less gain/loss just so your big gains get the LT gains tax rate. Another reason is if you're wanting to capture gains or losses to balance out your gains at the end of a tax year, you might intentionally pick big losers or big winners and sell them to realize the gain/loss to use on your taxes for the year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Tax reasons are the main reason you'd be choosing lots, for example if you have certain lots that are big gainers but are not yet to LT gains time, then you might choose other lots to sell that have less gain/loss just so your big gains get the LT gains tax rate. Another reason is if you're wanting to capture gains or losses to balance out your gains at the end of a tax year, you might intentionally pick big losers or big winners and sell them to realize the gain/loss to use on your taxes for the year.

Thank you! This will help ease the tax burden while I swing trade on top of my original positions.

@RCRanger03 That curious reading has me so unsure lol

twitter can't be trusted. A bag holding schill can't be trusted. 

but a post from 2k13 specifically referencing name/ticker change ...... that has no reason to lie to me right now.....

what a fucking time to be alive / involved in things as an absolute stooge noob. 

My buddy referred to it as paying our tuition dollars for the education we are getting haha and he's not wrong

Are there any repressions for the company to put out a press release specifically mentioning the R/S forcing shorts to cover?

It's one thing if some twitter yabo is spouting off some nonsense.

But a quote form an actual leadership member.... If he's straight lying that can't be worth it....... right?

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Damnmitall, I picked a bad week to go to the beach. What the fuck is going on? Should I look to sell Humbl or just hold and ride the wave/storm?

Fuck it, I'm going back to sleep until mimosa's are ready

It’s your fucking fault! You put split in the title.

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

And probably a reorganization fee.

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Question, will there be another reorganization fee for the ticker change in a few weeks?

Yes there is a ReOrg fee, but only for the R/S. I've been on hold since 6:30am with TDA right now to get some official answers on a few items related to this, but it hasn't hit my account. Below is what yours will look like. Snip from my QUTR/BRRN debacle, it processed the next day after FINRA change, but that was a trading day so you might not see it until Monday. Make sure you're holding settled cash for this purpose. I've heard horror stories of brokers doing margin calls, and force selling stocks without consent to settle minor fees. 

image.thumb.png.12fb7fb22eb0ac14d86fe43396cf7ecc.png

• Hook 'Em 1

Now I'm back on hold with TDA to talk to a manager. Initial customer service rep was like "why would I know that?" to the question of whether or not the ticker would be tradable today. Initial hold was 55 mins, let's see how long this one goes. I guess that gives me time to type my plan post

EDIT: Nevermind it was super fast. They confirmed TSNPD will be tradeable today (they did some kind of push on my account and it's recognizing the new symbol now not sure if that is systemwide) they are getting slammed with calls about TSNP specifically apparently, reorg fee will hit today or Monday, gave a company line that across the board all fee reduction requests are no longer allowed. Anyone who got a reduction is grandfathered in. My lazy ass deserves that, even if they are being assholes for charging fees, I should have done it months ago.

Edited by RCRanger03

11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I had a partial fill on a sub penny using TDA when I first stated, 10 shares for like 3 cents. They charged me $6.95 for the trade. Called them up and received no sympathy. Never traded one with an OTC fee again.

I tried to make a clean break, but I was too weak to leave ToS. It's my crutch lol

Initial spread on TSNP is pretty strong
image.png.4dcea3788c27f625a58ff1fe52633d2c.png

Just now, ZB'Tejas said:

Do we think more dipping as a result of the r/s? Trying to buy more or dumping some to re eval?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually yes, I don't know if George's ploy of a post market press conference is enough. I'm not convinced of a short squeeze, but I think it's interesting that an official PR of the company stated that. I'm a little worried that Foote gave Sharp too much power of the process.

In the end I've decided just to hold today. I'm comfortable with losing some profits on this one, XMET made me feel better about my liquidity situation. As I was typing this the first T-Trade came through
image.png.9eef42017bd12fb92c4183b3755d4df2.png

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

So do we now have to move the $TSNP talk to Stonks?

Time to sell was when it was $1.5+ I guess... I'll just sit and wait as well. Is there a price that anyone is thinking to add? The bullish long term outlook has not changed correct?

Long is still the same positive possibilities, and real missing pieces that people have pointed out are still there as well (financials are a mystery, revenue streams, app hasn't been released yet. They've release the call information now, link is automatic login. I left mine spinning to ensure a seat. Hoping it's the app release PR and honestly will be let down by almost anything else.

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 2