Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

4 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'll be doing DD one pagers on Sunday of all the new stonks I've gotten in since my departures from SNVP, PFMS, and XMET (mostly) and any halfway decent subpenny I can find (going to be tough since today's SEC action shows they're going after non-reports). It's going to be important not to tip folks who google search my username or the ticker name so is there a surly discord I could cop a corner in to post the DD?

Also for those that got caught in PFMS R/S I feel bad, I'm also planning on doing an exit strategy for yall. PM me your share counts and cost basis.

I bought more today in the ROTH. Medium to Long Term Play like ALPP was in the summer. Will have more to say this weekend

Secret squirrel 

8 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'll be doing DD one pagers on Sunday of all the new stonks I've gotten in since my departures from SNVP, PFMS, and XMET (mostly) and any halfway decent subpenny I can find (going to be tough since today's SEC action shows they're going after non-reports). It's going to be important not to tip folks who google search my username or the ticker name so is there a surly discord I could cop a corner in to post the DD?

Also for those that got caught in PFMS R/S I feel bad, I'm also planning on doing an exit strategy for yall. PM me your share counts and cost basis.

I bought more today in the ROTH. Medium to Long Term Play like ALPP was in the summer. Will have more to say this weekend

There is a surly discord, linked I think on the right side of the board on the "home" page.

It's curently $3.50 members only I believe. Is that right @immamac ???

I'm going to do more detail on TSNP this weekend, but I'm very interested in this Tickeri acquisition. There are some wildly different revenue numbers flying around that color how awesome this would be.

The first google search pullout says $45.2M in Rev

image.png.f052ae28905e95a413a4f7af209e7a85.png

https://www.zoominfo.com/c/tickericom-llc/346458111 has 2 different numbers on the same damn page. One says 16M total, the other says 15 - 16M per Q except for Q1 2020 (totaling 48M in 2020).

D&B Hoover says $427k in Revs so far in 2021 which is a whole magnitude lower, than all the others

image.thumb.png.8009b6a5984efa49d46513ab32e3baff.png

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Also for those that got caught in PFMS R/S I feel bad

Everyone greatly appreciates the insights you share. We all understand the risks associated with high volatility investing. Don't think you'll be getting any death threats here. PFMS didn't work out for me but excited about what I learned and trying to apply it to the next opportunity 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Whatever keeps it as accessible as possible to yall, but away from the SEO bots.

Discord is nice sometimes because of the rapid fire nature, there's faster reaction time to new like PFMS today. I'm in a few stock discords that help out in that sense. 

I'm a big fan of Discord. Only just started using it January and am in a small investment group with friends and a larger one they recommended. That's more for reading, but the small one we go back and forth all day. Much more efficient than a board like this for developing situations.

+1 for a discord, either official surly or a separate one all together.

When I click the Join My Discord tab on the right side of the homepage it says I don't have permission to use this invite.
I'm on tapa right now so I can't see shit, but you have to be 3.50 membership first to be allowed to use the link.

Edit - yeah what imma said

There's also a possible delay from subbing to the link working. I think mine was working the next day.

Think of the $3.50/mo as half the cost of one trade a few years ago lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

How do we want it organized in there? For comparison (and to help those unfamiliar with discord) here is what my small group looks like

image.png.79e7e41a2e66f89d2475cba1852b4b7f.png

@immamac correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the perks of discord that you could see the game threads update in real time and reply within discord?

So could we have a penny stock thread, and the stonks thread, replicate/participate in discord too? Then make dedicated rooms only for DD for each?

I feel like I might be misremembering that.

edit - NVM, the whole point is discussing things ranger digs up without it popping up on google. 

let's just do a stonks channel with 

-penny chat

-penny dd

and if regular stonks wants in too we can add the same rooms. Don't want to dilute things here without it being wanted.

Edited by cam4mav

Ok maybe I'm dumb, but it keeps saying I've accepted the invite, but when I open Discord, my username doesn't match what surly is sending me.  How do I fix it?  Ok Surly invites me as Hefeweizen#4636 but my discord is Hefeweizen#2585.  How do I fix that?

Edited by Hefeweizen
Fuck you that's why.

30 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Ok maybe I'm dumb, but it keeps saying I've accepted the invite, but when I open Discord, my username doesn't match what surly is sending me.  How do I fix it?  Ok Surly invites me as Hefeweizen#4636 but my discord is Hefeweizen#2585.  How do I fix that?

registered under the same email on surly and discord?

I don't know how to fix that or what would cause it.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/discord/invite/CertifiablySurly/
you need to be treefiddy (paid subscriber) for access to discord. I stream the games and stuff there as well and there is a live feed for each game thread so you don't constantly have to F5 during games in football season.
I am 350, and I cannot get to that link. Can you just PM the discord link?

I too am having trouble joining the discord chat. Do I need to do this from a computer? I’m on tapa. I’ve also downloaded the discord app.

Is there I link I use in the app?
59f5d883fa3b9cb24322fdeb4ba0df80.jpg
Use a browser to see Surly, computer is easier. There a link to discord invite on the side

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I can answer as I flailed around.  First, if you're not signed up for discord, just register with the same email as you used for Surly.

Second, go to the drop down on your user name, then click "Account Settings", there should be a Discord configure button.  Enter your discord # on there.  That should do it.

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I must be really special.  I have discord and have linked, have also joined tree fiddy, can’t see shit.   

Did you click to join the surly discord server? Not sure if that's what you mean by "have linked". Can you see the other surly stuff?