Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

Eventually when we get bi-directional I'll just make this thread and the penny-talk channel bidirectional so it won't matter if you use discord or the thread it'll be same same. the penny-dd channel will never make it to the board or be searchable or viewable by those who are not on discord

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Still can't trade TSNPD on Merrill either. Fucking bullshit. 

Same on Schwab - just shows numbers instead of ticker
Sitting in the airport, can't figure out how much HUMBL I have and what I can do with it ..... just another annoyance of not trading full time, work and vacation get in the way of making money. And my stonks stunk it up for the last week, I might start calling the skunk investments, and what's up with ALPP, thought that was just biding time until uplisting, now below secondary offering price. TIme to catch up on real world happenings, I might have a lot of time as the inbound aircraft is delayed.

11 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

So what is the breakdown between people in the Discord vs in here now?

Can't commit to posting in both with any consistency (same reason for the thread split)

FWIW (which is zero), I much prefer post threads here, not Discord. Discord is one big running chat room and has a bunch of...chat, and it's also worse for being able to thread conversations back through multiple quotes. I completely understand moving there so bots can't find your posts. I'm in both, but I don't read the Discord at all and the stock threads here sort of lost all their utility.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

FWIW (which is zero), I much prefer post threads here, not Discord. Discord is one big running chat room and has a bunch of...chat, and it's also worse for being able to thread conversations back through multiple quotes. I completely understand moving there so bots can't find your posts. I'm in both, but I don't read the Discord at all and the stock threads here sort of lost all their utility.

53 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Not that my opinion matters but I prefer here on the site also.

27 minutes ago, Chapo said:

I browsed Discord and got a headache. I will pay for treefiddy but we need to make it easier to find RC's recommendations.

I hear all this, want to work out something something that works for as many people as possible.

51 minutes ago, chikin23 said:

Could we not make a topic on the secret board that couldn't be searched?

Maybe this

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 1

These threads are no different than discord. This is a 41 page running chat that you scroll through and read what you want to no different than discord. I will say I could do without all the non chat related stuff posted there. There is probably a way to further break down the discussions in discord that would make it even easier to follow though.

Even though I paid tree fiddy, I’d prefer this page to continue. My first impression is that Dischord is a terrible user experience and a single page scrolling experience after a few days will be unwieldy. He’ll, I’d keep paying tree fiddy not to have to use Dischord.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Brew said:

These threads are no different than discord. This is a 41 page running chat that you scroll through and read what you want to no different than discord. I will say I could do without all the non chat related stuff posted there. There is probably a way to further break down the discussions in discord that would make it even easier to follow though.

But it looks nice. 

Can you take down the poll at the top and put in a new one about this question? 

I've not found a trip000 worth loading the boat on yet. That's the kind of thing I had in mind that would go in the discord (and related discussions), but things like say RXMD that I'm by no means on the front end of it doesn't really matter what is said in here people have lots of avenues to get information on those.

There is value in being able to rapid fire discuss big events, and maybe that's the hybrid answer. General chat in here, and in the moment stuff (like when filings get released) we go to the war room.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t particularly like the idea of having to jump back and forth between programs. I’ll follow whatever though. I’m a computer dumbass and discord has been pretty easy to navigate. It pops straight to new messages and then I scan through. The only difficulty is when there are multiple stock conversations going on and sometimes they get jumbled, but that happens here as well. Again, the only difference is the look.

• Hook 'Em 1

imo discord is much more seamless. It will take a lil trial and error, and self moderation, to stick to what room has what conversation (my own errors included)

If we stick the DD part to ONLY DD, it becomes so much easier for someone to reference and read later. 
The general stonk chat seems so far pretty lite in comparison to the pennies chat that throughout trading was very active.

There might even be an optimal way to separate general chat from hot alerts or something for when shit goes down (another discord advantage through notifications and message preview).... Add an *OH SHIT* room for new info?

It's not what everyone is used to of course, but it has higher potential in my view. Plus when football is back, anyone participating on game threads is going to have a much better time on discord so might as well give it a rip now to get used to it.

Also, for anyone not wanting to scroll through chat, the SEARCH function on Discord is good. Enter a ticker or a poster and bam there you go, scroll away. More efficient than here I think. 

Keep any new ticker discussion/DD in discord until the locals buy in, after RC gets his of course. Then move continued discussion here where more eyes lead to more buys. Price goes up. Profit. But first, we collect underpants. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, cam4mav said:

If we stick the DD part to ONLY DD, it becomes so much easier for someone to reference and read later. 

The general stonk chat seems so far pretty lite in comparison to the pennies chat that throughout trading was very active.

There might even be an optimal way to separate general chat from hot alerts or something for when shit goes down (another discord advantage through notifications and message preview).... Add an *OH SHIT* room for new info?

This is the way.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'll make all posts show up there. Eventually discord will be bidirectional

I don't know about short-term, but this is the long-term solution. DD talk stays private in discord (could possibly be linked to a super secret board?) and the rest is bi-directional so you can use whatever you want.

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Ducking out of my meeting to post that PFMS R/S has hit FINRA, probably take the sails out of it buoying back up

image.thumb.png.d10fe8e7510f246befe1d9ae5f4265c3.png

Actually is this the same mechanical change that happened with TSNP -> TSNPD

Change of company name, not just ticket, so a new CUSIP, that just happened to be with a R/S as well?

I wonder if existing shares are going to be locked out again?