Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2021 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm still open to an option that works for everybody without requiring people to sign up for Treefiddy. 

Also I'm a net negative on decisions since going to the discord. Not that it has anything to do with the conversation there, but it might have protected you from my picks lol

I love me some discord.  I always have it up regardless, so it's great for me.  did Immamac ever say what the timeline was for dual directionality or whatever the term is?

43 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm still open to an option that works for everybody without requiring people to sign up for Treefiddy. 

Also I'm a net negative on decisions since going to the discord. Not that it has anything to do with the conversation there, but it might have protected you from my picks lol

The only reason I’m net negative the last month is ALPP.  That has been my boat anchor.  I’ve made good money off humbl swing trading.  But my 6000 shares of ALPP look at me sadly every day with puppy eyes.

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I have a nice chunk of cash and interested, what do i need to do ?

44 pages is too much for me to catch up on 

Don't even try to read the thread.  You'll only fall in love with stuff that- while maybe still talked about- could be at a very different stage (hold instead of a buy for instance).  

Set up a brokerage account if you haven't already, and consider a Roth IRA.  Join the Discord discussion.  Take your time researching the terms being thrown around and the stocks under discussion.  

Or... just put 7k on cbbt if hookers and blow is really your style.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

it was either spend the money on hookers and blow (im not into blow) or find an investment 

Hookers and penny stocks it is.

My run hasn’t been great on pennies lately and I’m not sure if call this investing, more like educated gambling. 

If you insist, I’d wait for RXMD to dip back down into the .11-.12 range (happens almost daily) and buy a chunk. There are some things coming up which could potentially double your money in the next month and even more if you hang around a while.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
My only other green penny lately has been WDLF.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

rec on online brokers ?

Charles Schwab for pennies, IMO, but there are others. No trade fees and will pretty much let you trade anything.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
I also use TD Ameritrade but not for pennies, $6.95 fee per OTC trade.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

Don't even try to read the thread.  You'll only fall in love with stuff that- while maybe still talked about- could be at a very different stage (hold instead of a buy for instance).  

Set up a brokerage account if you haven't already, and consider a Roth IRA.  Join the Discord discussion.  Take your time researching the terms being thrown around and the stocks under discussion.  

Or... just put 7k on cbbt if hookers and blow is really your style.

I have a roth ira, can only back door contribute 

[mention=862]RCRanger03[/mention] You still feel ok on SPSO? Its down and wondering if its worth buying more?
Naw too many good plays out there right now with earnings coming out, SPSO was suppose to be a flip off of that restricted share business but then the market crumpled and trapped us. I'm looking to get out not in lol

I'm regretting getting out DTGI right now I sold and it kept running like Gump. If iy retrace back below .20 I may get back in.

I'm going to update my spreadsheet this weekend, but take a look at MRPI, PUPS, MJWL, UAPC, WDLF at current prices over SPSO

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm currently involved in SRMX, AZFL, INND, and GNCP through schwab.

Some that I've had for a while that have grown are TSNPD, UUUU, AAL, and IBRX.

Don't plan on selling any of them for a while.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On the banner at the top of the Surly page, select Store -> Subscriptions and pay your tree fiddy. Then click on the "Join My Server" button on the Discord gif. You should probably join Discord using the same email address as you use for Surly before clicking on the join button. profit!
What's the Discord discussion?
See above.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Here's a couple of different buckets as I see it:

-Binary/crap shoot trades, could be 1000% returns or could be a total loss:  PUPS, MJWL

-Less dodgy, but still risky af:  WDLF

-Older trades, most of us already did well, but still decent upside:  TSNP, ALPP

-Harrison Stafford is going hard in the paint/good companies with lots of upside:  AMYZF, UUUU, IBRX

-I don't really know why I'm holding so much of it, but someone somewhere likes it a lot:  RXMD

-I'm holding what might be a big bag of shit and I don't know what to do with my hands:  GRPS, HECCW, LTMCF, SPSO

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Here's a couple of different buckets as I see it:

-Binary/crap shoot trades, could be 1000% returns or could be a total loss:  PUPS, MJWL

-Less dodgy, but still risky af:  WDLF

-Older trades, most of us already did well, but still decent upside:  TSNP, ALPP

-Harrison Stafford is going hard in the paint/good companies with lots of upside:  AMYZF, UUUU, IBRX

-I don't really know why I'm holding so much of it, but someone somewhere likes it a lot:  RXMD

-I'm holding what might be a big bag of shit and I don't know what to do with my hands:  GRPS, HECCW, LTMCF, SPSO

Nice summary.  ALPP is love/hate right now because overall it’s up huge, but in the past month it’s down over 50 percent from all time highs and two bucks from their institutional placement offer.  

I am all in on it, plus the @Harrison Stafford picks.  Good entry point on AMYZF right now in the 1.20 range I would think.

I was late to the ALPP party but understand the frustration.  I only have 2000 shares, but did buy some of them at 5.8 that I'm pretty beat up on.

Agreed on AMYZF looking tasty at 1.25.  I've been banging my head against the wall averaging down on it (avg cost 1.38), so I'm too top heavy already or I would be buying more right now.  It's somehow become the largest position in my STONK account with RXMD being a distant 2nd.  TSNP, VDE, and ALPP round out my top 5 according to value.

@Hefeweizen

The latest rumor on TURV (from another board). Probably the reason for the small price jump today:

I heard from my source that a deal between GP and TURV is imminent. I'm hearing that a "term sheet" which is the equivalent of a letter of intent may be signed by the end of next week. There will be a 30-40 day due diligence period ( but I'm also hearing that GP is prepared for some irregularities) with a possible final agreement signed by the end of April.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

The latest rumor on TURV (from another board). Probably the reason for the small price jump today:

I heard from my source that a deal between GP and TURV is imminent. I'm hearing that a "term sheet" which is the equivalent of a letter of intent may be signed by the end of next week. There will be a 30-40 day due diligence period ( but I'm also hearing that GP is prepared for some irregularities) with a possible final agreement signed by the end of April.

If this little six-penny gem hits $1, I'll be thrilled...if it ever sniffs the valuations from the Discord DD, I'll probably retire.

54 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

The move of all the stonk discussion to discord has effectively killed any vibe this board had, not just this thread but really the whole board.
Still hoping there's money for all to be made

nah man the vibe got killed by the market taking a beating for weeks and weeks after a fun run on the OTC goldrush which I missed out on.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McFly said:

Agreed. Also the bot reposting in discord is just annoying. It’s unnecessary bc no one responds there to discussion here. Keep the DD discussion there but I’d vote to move normal discussion back here. 

yeah the bot posting 1 way doesn't really seem to be contributing to the discord chat threads. All it does it give eyes on stuff here while i'm on discord. It's actually encouraging me to not check here because I see stuff in discord and don't come here, thus limiting my participation here (you're welcome),
Bot format is kinda wonky too, doesn't handle quoted posts well at all or media.

I do like discord significantly better for during market hours chat and quick news / action items / general meme chat. I have it up or in the background all day and the live updates are plainly superior to f5ing the board. The dd room has been nicely used for just DD and resources, not crowded with other convo (mostly, overall good job to errbody for not mucking it up) and is a quick catch up and read for those looking for DD. I love that part of the recent moves. 

No idea when the 2 way ability is expected but market days will be a decent mini stress test bed in prep for football in the fall. I'd say a tourney game thread would be a great test platform but we don't like to win games here apparently. 

The move of all the stonk discussion to discord has effectively killed any vibe this board had, not just this thread but really the whole board.
Still hoping there's money for all to be made
I don't think you're wrong about thiswhich wasn't my intention. There is speed value on discord, but I understand the negatives

I also got flagged by IT on Surly a few months ago in either Stonks or the Penny thread so limiting my presence there was a little necessary to keep my other workday activities going.

I think I'm probably in the clear now. Maybe we try discord during market hours and thread posting PM/AH except the DD board (that even could be two way posted into the private board on Surly I just can't go in there on work computer)

Very open to suggestions that makes everybody accessible to money making opportunities.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Personally, I would keep it on Discord and kill the 2 way. The posts here that flow through to Discord are hard to follow. Maybe there are some changes that can be made to the look of it that cleans it up some though.

It has been a cleaner discussion over there. I don’t have to scroll through 50 straight GIF’s to see what someone is talking about. It isn’t going to break anyone to support the board.

Edited by Brew
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As long as we're voting, my thought is to get an update from immamac on when expects it to go both ways.  If it's soon, just leave it as is.  The surly to discord quoting sucks, but I'm the opposite of chickenSandwich discord >>> this board, because 1) no F5, and 2) far superior search functionality.   

There are concerns about some of the information being posted, there are concerns about some things being tracked back to individuals, etc. Personally, I would rather have it posted on Discord and just follow it over there rather than some people not post information they have because of the public nature of this forum. It’s one topic to follow over there in a thread format just like it was here except for the fact it’s not public at that point which solves the problems. If you have the discord app, you just check it occasionally.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TechTech said:

@RCRanger03

I sold TSNPD around 4.70 a while back and now I am watching it. Seems it hit a low of 2.77 and has been slowly climbning.

Is this still a long term hold for you?

Good sell especially if you reupped that low. Yes I'm holding long unless the App release or financials reveal something that sours me on them. Absent that I have 20k shares that I wont be selling before Jan 1, 2021 . I'm also time to time managing a much smaller swing position

Edited by RCRanger03

6 hours ago, chikin23 said:

I prefer this board because I use Tapa so much during the day.

Tapa sucks donky balls compared to the discord app just FYI

6 hours ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

As long as we're voting, my thought is to get an update from immamac on when expects it to go both ways.  If it's soon, just leave it as is.  The surly to discord quoting sucks, but I'm the opposite of chickenSandwich discord >>> this board, because 1) no F5, and 2) far superior search functionality.   

yup. The bot formatting is not good but if that can be cleaned up it will really improve readability on discord of stuff happening here and ease the transition to 2 way when it happens.

9 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I like all the comments, and I have no idea what changes would make an improvement. I was just pointing out that the board significantly changed with the traffic not being here. I need to, finally, get on discord to catch up with the conversation.

Highly recommend giving it a go for at least a month. Live updates, search that isn't retarded, and format are all big improvements.

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

Solid day so far for IBRX.  Part of me wants to pull out and get the gains but I'm going to hold till it hits $60 like @Harrison Stafford said it will :)

This is the way.  When it hits 60, we can, certainly, reevaluate, but my gut says IBRX is going north of 120.  If you don't need the dinero, simply hold the stock and let it ride.  Isn't this more fun than those stodgy ETF's?

• Hook 'Em 1