Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

edit timed out but ^

Anecdotal csb, I'm in Seattle and as such know a few friends in the weed industry. Low level shop workers to shop owners and one guy who started and ran a grow right when it became legal.

These guys needed help BAD with "How do you run a Business".... Like desperately.

Also the Growers side became saturated as hell. The real money is in owning the shops, at least in WA because the license to sell are kept low in total numbers relative to the amount of weed that was grown. One of my friends did outside sales for a bit for the grow where I knew the owner. It was like trying to sell a new candy bar to safeway when they have 8 million already on the shelf. There was some rule where you couldn't give samples to the buyer at each location so you had to leave it with the clerks. Then the clerks are supposed to give feedback to the buyer. Yeah.... like that was ever going to work. Anyways, if any of y'all know about a company that's positioned to grow nationally over the next couple of years.... I'm in 🔥

And if any of y'all get a chance to get an ownership stake in retail..... do it. They print money. It's retarded. Autistic levels almost.

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

You don’t want to be taking your clothes off for money dude.

But but then I could buy more Stonks!

3 hours ago, capnamerca said:

XMET getting bludgeoned today. Gah.

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea expected more positive movement with that share reduction being granted

Got held right at .005 the whole damn day, manipulation at it's finest. To be clear the reduction hasn't been announced just the motion to bar anyone from stopping that happened was granted, but I'm still betting on the reduction. I will likely sell some on that news no matter where it goes, because of the ever present danger of an R/S or going dark with Chinese buyer, but those can't come without termination of custodianship so watching for that on the court register or in NVSOS filings. 

Did anyone flip SNVP or did yall hold? I was hoping for more of a run on the volume that it got. This MEDH, PFMS, TSNP, and ALPP did nice work. 

Even with a $10k red anchor from XMET and FPVD, I had a 20k day and closed at my highest total yet. Have had a few higher peaks, but not a bad day.

Edited by RCRanger03

MEDH with the big jump in like 20 minutes.

What are some other companies and your guys thoughts on cannabis? I'm trying to retire early in about 10 years after weed becomes available everywhere

I got long couple thousand shares of TCNNF @$7/share (currently trading at $44). Originally got in around $9 or so but quadrupled down in March right at the low (luck). Got a couple posts here backing that up.
Trulieve has no equal. 75+ stores in FL in a medical only state with recreation around the corner. They sell 50%+ of the cannabis in FL with 20+ competitors. The CEO is a blond woman who straight up looks like the Cheshire Cat lol
Totally vertically integrated from seed to sale - flower, edibles, wax, distillates, carts, hash, rosin, wax, etc.
$500MM per year in revenue, cash flow positive, incredible growth potential, perfect for a buyout. Still with a $2B Market Cap. That gets me... aroused.

The only thing holding this stock back is uplisting to the big boards. And that won’t happen until we get the SAFE or MORE Act up for a vote in the Senate. Until then, you can only buy it on the traditional exchanges and not the Robinhood/WeBulls of the world. I don’t have any LPs (Aphria, Tilray, Canopy, etc.) and honestly won’t. Same with the penny ones.

Diamond hands through and through. It’s got a pretty small float compared to the others too so a share split once we get $150+ is totally possible and probable.

Cresco Labs is looking real good in the IL and NY/NJ. Other than that - I’d just get the MSOS ETF. Green Thumb and Curaleaf are also comparable to Cresco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

But but then I could buy more Stonks!

Got held right at .005 the whole damn day, manipulation at it's finest. To be clear the reduction hasn't been announced just the motion to bar anyone from stopping that happened was granted, but I'm still betting on the reduction. I will likely sell some on that news no matter where it goes, because of the ever present danger of an R/S or going dark with Chinese buyer, but those can't come without termination of custodianship so watching for that on the court register or in NVSOS filings. 

Did anyone flip SNVP or did yall hold? I was hoping for more of a run on the volume that it got. This MEDH, PFMS, TSNP, and ALPP did nice work. 

Even with a $10k red anchor from XMET and FPVD, I had a 20k day and closed at my highest total yet. Have had a few higher peaks, but not a bad day.

Yea just figured this alone would be enough news to bump it a bit after a PR drought since December. Not discouraged at all though

I was really eager to dump SNVP and get out but I was too busy today. Hopefully this was just an initial firing of the engines, because back when I bought this dog I said any proceeds I make from this sale will go straight into a strippers g-string. Let's gooooo titties.

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Bought in and holding for now. I’m assuming it will level off quickly or drop as we wait for more news so I might get out soon.

41 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I was really eager to dump SNVP and get out but I was too busy today. Hopefully this was just an initial firing of the engines, because back when I bought this dog I said any proceeds I make from this sale will go straight into a strippers g-string. Let's gooooo titties.

I had hoped it would hold .0015 or at least peak higher. I still don't trust it too much, tomorrow could be bloody if all the fomo flippers lose interest. I'm not on free shares anymore so if I can accomplish that tomorrow probably will. The thing that keeps in interesting is the low float and potential R/M

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Have been trying to exit some of these current tickers before I begin adding new ones, but they keep sucking me back in. If I get out of SNVP, MEDH, or BRRN I'll take a look. At one point last year I was spread thin on a ton of ticker and it wasn't as successful (less time to keep track of movement and DD, less initial capital investment)

Edited by RCRanger03

lol at this morning.  I am once again reversing course and scraping profits.  On Alpp tsnp and PFMS.  Not selling all but about 25 percent to hedge.  

I am not sure this is the right strategy but it’s in a tax deferred account so trading doesn’t hurt me tax wise, and it allows me to spread the gainz over other stocks.  But ALPP will always be part of my portfolio .  I’ll never sell all my shares in it just to remind me of the rocket ride.

I originally had a limit order to sell ~40% of my TSNP at $.80 to be fully playing with house money in the stock going forward.  I canceled it yesterday when the stock started going bonkers.  Undisciplined af, and hope I don't regret it.  If it pulls back significantly after touching $1 I think I'll add to my position instead.

4 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I've only pulled $20k out total (original investment last march was my stimulus $3400), the current unrealized gains are 4X my family's combined annual income. I don't know shit about taxes, I'm a poor 12% tax bracket non-profit worker. Anyone have a good tax man?

You may consider gifting your non-profit some of your shares rather than selling them and taking the taxable gain for yourself.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

FOMO is super hard to deal with when it’s rolling like this.  I just have a deep seated fear of loss when I start winning.  It’s a psychological defect.

If taking money made is the worst of your psychological problems you're doing better than 99% of Surly

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I've only pulled $20k out total (original investment last march was my stimulus $3400), the current unrealized gains are 4X my family's combined annual income. I don't know shit about taxes, I'm a poor 12% tax bracket non-profit worker. Anyone have a good tax man?

congrats dude, that's amazing and youre the man.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You may consider gifting your non-profit some of your shares rather than selling them and taking the taxable gain for yourself.  

I’m not up on the exact mechanics of it, but but  someone like @RCRanger03 who’s gone crazy this year, I believe you can also set up a charitable trust where you put in years worth of donations if there is a cause you regularly donate to (or would like to start donating to) and the entire amount you fund will offset capital gains for that tax year. So yeah, definitely find a good tax guy. There’s a lot of ways to reduce how much you pay if you’re looking at six figures of capital gains. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

If I could pos rep this twice I would, f'n love this.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1px.png
652b46cf0b7142dcac7a2a6cf1fa2af5.jpeg

News Release - February 4, 2021

American Manganese Inc. Achieves 99% Manganese Extraction for U.S. Defense Logistics Agency Wenden Stockpile Project

February 4, 2021 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTC US: AMYZF | FSE: 2AM

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce positive manganese extraction results for the Company’s Wenden Stockpile reclamation and advanced material processing bench-scale project, funded by the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). Following a series of bench-scale tests to determine optimal process conditions, leach tests using AMY’s patented manganese process achieved up to 99% extraction of manganese.

American Manganese's most recent results are a positive initial step within the complete scope of the DLA project, aiming to provide a proof of concept for treating Wenden Stockpile material to efficiently produce electrolytic manganese metal (EMM). Additional bench-scale tests and reports will include unit operations for solid-liquid separation, tailings characterization, manganese carbonate precipitation, and EMM testing.

"I am extremely excited with the progression and optimization on our Wenden Stockpile project," said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. "Our goal is to model for DLA the bench-scale project with consideration to a larger commercial advanced material processing facility at the Wenden Stockpile."

Bench-scale tests are used to define suitable unit operations and develop a commercially viable flow sheet that could potentially produce a strategic and domestic supply of EMM from the U.S. National Defense Stockpile in Wenden, Arizona, which consists of manganese ore mined in the 1950s and 1960s. With consideration to a future advanced material processing facility, bench-scale testing provides process flow sheet improvements that could potentially reduce equipment footprint requirements and operating costs.

About American Manganese Inc.

American Manganese Inc. is a critical metals company focused on recycling of lithium-ion batteries (RecycLiCo™) and the production of electrolytic manganese metal from low grade U.S. resources. The recycling process provides high extraction of cathode metals, such as lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and aluminum at high purity, with minimal processing steps. American Manganese Inc. aims to commercialize its breakthrough RecycLiCo™ patented process and become an industry leader in recycling cathode materials from lithium-ion battery manufacturing waste.

On behalf of Management

Larry W. Reaugh

President and Chief Executive

AMYZF is one step closer to a manganese plant in Arizona.  The stock is still very much a buy at .82.  

AMYZF moves one step closer toward a manganese plant in Arizona.  The stock is +.07 at .83 and is still a buy at these levels.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Fuck that noise... if you were planning on making a donation anyway then I suppose so but the money is your's so paying some taxes on them is just going to happen. If you hold more than a year or have something to offset then great but don't lose out on tons of profit just because you don't have to pay capital gains.

For me in this market I feel like you need to let the winners run. I made that mistake with $ALPP over the summer and not ready to repeat that again.

• Hook 'Em 3