Penny stock thread split

Wally Fairway

Should there be a separate Penny Stonk thread?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Speaketh yer mind Surlites

• Keep everything in the Stonk thread
    • Make a new thread focused on Penny Stonks
    • Whatever RCRanger says is good by me
    • I'm good either way
    • Dickbutt - tree fiddy - OUsux - I just wanted to vote

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/21 at 05:00 AM

Oh, we’re telling those stories now? Over the summer/fall, I accumulated 7MM shares of SNVP buying dips when I saw them. I decided it wasn’t going anywhere back in Dec and sold at a small profit, leaving me 500k ‘free’ shares to ride to either hell or the moon.

• Like 2

Okay - I was in ALPP in June for 25,000 shares, watched it do nothing for a few months and sold in Sept for a small loss. Kept my eye on it, and bought back in in Dec right before it hit a$1, and have really enjoyed the ride; but still my mind keeps saying 25,000 x $2.5 $3.25 $4.00 $5.45 $10 (maybe by March). 
I have nothing to complain about, as it is pushing my account to new heights - tks RCR

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Nobody is immune, I sold 30k ALPP at .12 and 20k ALPP at 0.22

Sold FRSX at $2 after becoming fairly well known as one of the biggest pumpers

It's one of the reasons I haven't sold one of my original .0198 TSNP only averaged up on that massive retrace booth on the way down on the falling knife and back up

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Note to self: When stonkin', sell half to get net free and let the other half ride....

30 days in and 10/12 stocks this way. The anxiety level is much more manageable. Just don’t pick up the calculator and reminisce. 

And just to add on, thank you RC for all of your information. Truly a blessing.  I’d send you some Boonze but I’ll wait until I start cashing shares and send you the good stuff. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

RC, are you gonna set up an Amazon wishlist or something? You can joke with the wife when the packages roll in that you got a few sugardaddies now.

Really dig this idea too, picturing the fam just throwing all kinda crazy shit on there and it just showing up at the house.

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Okay - I was in ALPP in June for 25,000 shares, watched it do nothing for a few months and sold in Sept for a small loss. Kept my eye on it, and bought back in in Dec right before it hit a$1, and have really enjoyed the ride; but still my mind keeps saying 25,000 x $2.5 $3.25 $4.00 $5.45 $10 (maybe by March). 
I have nothing to complain about, as it is pushing my account to new heights - tks RCR

I had $5000 of EIDL money I dumped into my trading account and was fighting the trigger on IBIO vs ALPP.  I bought $4900 of IBIO and $35 (500 shares)  of ALPP when I had nearly convinced myself to do the full boat on ALPP.   ALPP was at .07.  I sold it at $2.97 or so after it washed out from the big run.  Luckily I sunk that money into XMET at .0001.    But had I done what I originally intended....

Edited by Trey3216

So I saw LIZHI yesterday and saw a nice run from 2 to 5, decided to put my $50 (I'm poor) that I just put in Webull to it, and gained 120% profit so far, not bad.

I’m starting with $150 in TSNP @.48. We can’t all be Penny stock rich yet.

That said - thank you for the thread, the links to other spots and the learning.

I went from having no idea this forum existed, seeing gamestonk in the news, finding here, and after losing half of the yolo i put into gme, used the remainder following advice here and from a friend to make back those losses in one week basically from SNDL, ALPP, TNSP. Y'all made this seem waaaaaaaay to easy haha. I'm expecting big things (long) from AMYZF too.

No more meme stocks when you're late to the party. Much more actual do big new things companies!

What's the line drawn for a stock to be a penny stock vs .... not?

Asking after reading two DD on reddit about these two companies.

$4.33

$ATOS

Spoiler

$4.49

$AGTC

Spoiler

Obvi the ideal is to get into something like ALPP at pennies and go to the moon. Are the above stocks better suited for the regular stonks or investing threads?

1 minute ago, cam4mav said:

I went from having no idea this forum existed, seeing gamestonk in the news, finding here, and after losing half of the yolo i put into gme, used the remainder following advice here and from a friend to make back those losses in one week basically from SNDL, ALPP, TNSP. Y'all made this seem waaaaaaaay to easy haha. I'm expecting big things (long) from AMYZF too.

No more meme stocks when you're late to the party. Much more actual do big new things companies!

What's the line drawn for a stock to be a penny stock vs .... not?

Asking after reading two DD on reddit about these two companies.

$4.33

$ATOS

Reveal hidden contents

$4.49

$AGTC

Reveal hidden contents

Obvi the ideal is to get into something like ALPP at pennies and go to the moon. Are the above stocks better suited for the regular stonks or investing threads?

Technically ALPP as of this morning is no longer a penny stock. The broad definition is under $5 per share, although if you think I'm going to stop talking about ALPP on the eve of it's coronation, then you can fuck right off. We're 10 days or less to being on Nasdaq, I believe they'll announce that date tomorrow on the shareholder call.

Really anything on the OTC I think you can lump in as a penny regardless of the PPS due to how differently they act from big board stocks

Regarding your other invest questions I don't buy anything $1 or over, so you'll probably need to talk to @Harrison Stafford

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Someone I follow online has been hyping ILUS. They had an important acquisition today but the stock went way down. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/otc-ilus-ilus-international-completes-181300013.html

Is this worth exploring?

I haven’t looked into the specifics but here’s the chart:

image.thumb.jpeg.7a00adbe72f8325d2de970e0052bd4a5.jpeg

It’s a typical for these pumps, hype up in anticipation of news, then swing traders sell to make their profits at/after the news drop. I’m not saying anything about the he stock’s potential, merely explaining the drop. 

If it’s a good company, it will stabilize, trade around that range, and rise again.

12 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I've only pulled $20k out total (original investment last march was my stimulus $3400), the current unrealized gains are 4X my family's combined annual income. I don't know shit about taxes, I'm a poor 12% tax bracket non-profit worker. Anyone have a good tax man?

If you haven't already, open a Roth IRA. Between you and your wife,, you can put in $12k/ year. Plenty of ammo for stonks.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I've only pulled $20k out total (original investment last march was my stimulus $3400), the current unrealized gains are 4X my family's combined annual income. I don't know shit about taxes, I'm a poor 12% tax bracket non-profit worker. Anyone have a good tax man?

Simple math, short term realized gains (held under a year) will be at ordinary income tax rates. Long term realized gains (held over a year)will be on a sliding scale of 0%/15%/20% based on your income level. Hit it high enough in any one year and you may have an additional 3.8% kick in on top of the 20%.

You would be better off funding your next round in tax free retirement accounts. As noted above, go back and make Roth contributions for 2020 and make them for 2021 on the same day if you are eligible with some of the funds. Then you have tax free growth in a retirement account with a base of $24000 to start with. The tax game is just as important with the numbers you are talking about.

5 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

hmmm...I'm holding 2M shares. Where to you think this goes?

We don't have any good insight into the Revenue of Samtrade, but from the outside it seems like they're doing pretty well. If that is the case when financials drop, and they merger without an R/S then my PTs are .01 - .03 first wave (sell 250k), retrace test penny support  (reload what I sold) then second wave .03 - .07 . Afterwards it really depends what their stated plans are. 

7 hours ago, Brew said:

Simple math, short term realized gains (held under a year) will be at ordinary income tax rates. Long term realized gains (held over a year)will be on a sliding scale of 0%/15%/20% based on your income level. Hit it high enough in any one year and you may have an additional 3.8% kick in on top of the 20%.

This is my concern, dude. I fall squarely in the 24%/15% demo, so I'm hoping some of these winners are able to hold on for a year to save that extra 9%.

10 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

This is my concern, dude. I fall squarely in the 24%/15% demo, so I'm hoping some of these winners are able to hold on for a year to save that extra 9%.

It makes a difference. On the other taxes, married AGI over $250k kicks in the NIIT of 1.45%, over $450k kicks in the full 3.8%. Then right at $500k is where it goes from 15% to 20% on the capital gains tax.

The best place for these type gains is a Roth. It’s also probably the place you should be dealing with the least risk, but it sounds like most everyone on the thread is starting with fairly low investment amounts so it’s not like you are risking your retirement as long as you are doing other things as well.

Hold those PFMS shares tight my friend. Samtrade is coming, I'm riding fully dirty on my 750k

Just transferred some cash to fidelity to make this purchase. Your post was the extent of my research. It is enough. Hopefully it doesn’t take off before my cash is available. Fidelity will let you buy most stocks before a deposit settles but won’t allow it on a lot of pennies for some reason.

8 hours ago, Chapo said:

If you haven't already, open a Roth IRA. Between you and your wife,, you can put in $12k/ year. Plenty of ammo for stonks.

7 hours ago, Brew said:

You would be better off funding your next round in tax free retirement accounts. As noted above, go back and make Roth contributions for 2020 and make them for 2021 on the same day if you are eligible with some of the funds. Then you have tax free growth in a retirement account with a base of $24000 to start with. The tax game is just as important with the numbers you are talking about.

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

It makes a difference. On the other taxes, married AGI over $250k kicks in the NIIT of 1.45%, over $450k kicks in the full 3.8%. Then right at $500k is where it goes from 15% to 20% on the capital gains tax.

The best place for these type gains is a Roth. It’s also probably the place you should be dealing with the least risk, but it sounds like most everyone on the thread is starting with fairly low investment amounts so it’s not like you are risking your retirement as long as you are doing other things as well.

Thanks my dudes, I was looking into Roth accounts yesterday. I have exactly 0 retirement money, so probably a good idea especially if I'm allowed to stonk in there. Do they have access to OTC? I made the decision on ALPP to make it to long term (I'm about 45 days away for my earliest shares), that's also my plan for TSNP. Hopefully more of these buggers can get into that range (I'm looking at you XMET!). I'll take my tax questions off this thread though, keep it clean and stonky

Also I appreciate the support everyone has given me! My wife has been thinking about going back to school, but we haven't been able to afford it. Probably going to gift that to her on her birthday. The amazon idea is killer btw, she's been eyeing all that profit locked away (although we luckily share an appreciation for Lagavulin, and I have a case worth in my closet now to keep us busy haha) I'll throw something up there at this link, NO OBLIGATION, absolutely zero. If you do, only do it as a small percentage donation out of big profit, and if you can pick my non-profit Mobile Loaves & Fishes to get a Amazon kickback that would be great. I'll put it as a Wedding Registry (with my 10 year anniversary date) so yall can do group funding instead of having to buy anything outright. https://www.amazon.com/wedding/share/stonks

Enough about me, let's make some money. Who is going to listen to the ALPP call today?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

Just transferred some cash to fidelity to make this purchase. Your post was the extent of my research. It is enough. Hopefully it doesn’t take off before my cash is available. Fidelity will let you buy most stocks before a deposit settles but won’t allow it on a lot of pennies for some reason.

I can't speak to Fidelity, as I use Schwab.  My workaround is this:  Schwab gives you a brokerage account when you open a checking account in their bank.  I use Zelle to transfer money to my Schwab banking (immediate availability of funds) then transfer from my Schwab checking to brokerage and you're ready.  I think Zelle daily limit is 5k and at some point you run into a monthly limit, but I can't remember what that is.  

The Schwab checking is nice in that it reimburses any ATM fees.

I have six back to back meetings so unlikely I can listen in.  I will jump back in with a bigger position if it retraces below 4.5 though.  Same with TSNP if it drops below 0.5.  Otherwise I’ll ride with what I have.  

One thing I have learned is to keep cash for opportunistic buying.  These stonks move fast!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Thanks my dudes, I was looking into Roth accounts yesterday. I have exactly 0 retirement money, so probably a good idea especially if I'm allowed to stonk in there. Do they have access to OTC? I made the decision on ALPP to make it to long term (I'm about 45 days away for my earliest shares), that's also my plan for TSNP. Hopefully more of these buggers can get into that range (I'm looking at you XMET!). I'll take my tax questions off this thread though, keep it clean and stonky

Also I appreciate the support everyone has given me! My wife has been thinking about going back to school, but we haven't been able to afford it. Probably going to gift that to her on her birthday. The amazon idea is killer btw, she's been eyeing all that profit locked away (although we luckily share an appreciation for Lagavulin, and I have a case worth in my closet now to keep us busy haha) I'll throw something up there at this link, NO OBLIGATION, absolutely zero. If you do, only do it as a small percentage donation out of big profit, and if you can pick my non-profit Mobile Loaves & Fishes to get a Amazon kickback that would be great. I'll put it as a Wedding Registry (with my 10 year anniversary date) so yall can do group funding instead of having to buy anything outright. https://www.amazon.com/wedding/share/stonks

Enough about me, let's make some money. Who is going to listen to the ALPP call today?

Schwab allows OTC in retirement accounts, you just have to click through the warnings. I would assume Fidelity does also. You have to have settled cash in both.

17 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I can't speak to Fidelity, as I use Schwab.  My workaround is this:  Schwab gives you a brokerage account when you open a checking account in their bank.  I use Zelle to transfer money to my Schwab banking (immediate availability of funds) then transfer from my Schwab checking to brokerage and you're ready.  I think Zelle daily limit is 5k and at some point you run into a monthly limit, but I can't remember what that is.  

The Schwab checking is nice in that it reimburses any ATM fees.

The above makes sense.  Pretty sure the Zelle limit is $250,000 a month, but it may be bank specific.  Specifically for Fidelity, I've wired money from my regular checking account to my fidelity brokerage account, which is instantaneous as opposed to an ETF.  Waiting for money to move over sucks...  

Edited by PatrickMcHorn
I forgot a zero; Surly poors over here

24 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If it’s like TD, if you wire the money rather than ACH it’s immediately available.  

24 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I’d highly advise you to open a Roth at a brokerage that will let you trade OTC’s in that Roth.  Right now is a great time to do it as well, because up until April 15th, you can make your Roth contribution for both 2020 and 2021, or $12,000 total.  (It’s technically 2, $6000 contributions that you have to specifically label).  

25 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Thanks my dudes, I was looking into Roth accounts yesterday. I have exactly 0 retirement money, so probably a good idea especially if I'm allowed to stonk in there. Do they have access to OTC?

I have a Roth and Tradition IRA on my TD Ameritrade account so I can easily switch between all of them for trading. You can definitely buy OTC (albeit it's still a $5.99 trade fee) on then and the beauty of the Roth is it's post tax money so STONK gains are never taxed.

11 minutes ago, Brew said:

Schwab allows OTC in retirement accounts, you just have to click through the warnings. I would assume Fidelity does also. You have to have settled cash in both.

Thank you for this information. I had no idea I could trade penny stocks in a Roth IRA. I’ve never needed an IRA but might look into it for tax savings. How does it work in regards to settling trades within the account? It all stays within the account and therefore (in the case of Roth) gains are never taxed?