Texas @ West Virginia Series Thread

Horny Bull

Early start today fellas. Let's take care of business this weekend.

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHES
FRIDAY—
West Virginia RHP BJ Myers (0-1, 4.89) vs. Texas RHP Nolan Kingham (5-2, 4.29)
SATURDAY—West Virginia RHP Kade Strowd (4-3, 4.24) vs. Texas RHP Chase Shugart (4-2, 4.12)
FRIDAY—West Virginia TBD vs. Texas RHP Blair Henley (5-5, 3.05)

Huge weekend in the Big 12, although I guess every one of them from here on out has implications.  Would love to see this team play with their hair on fire like they did in Baylor series combined with the late-inning heroics in the ou and ok state series. 

Regardless, should be a fun last month before regionals are decided 🤘

Typical Texas to play like they're scared straight against a mediocre team on the road. 

I like Pierce, and believe he could be the guy, but No.1 priority should be to recruit some players with some balls, because it's clear that not very many players on this team, especially the starting rotation, have any

It's fucking WVU baseball, guys.  Augie's average teams would've crushed this team

• Fuck You 1

kingham got pissed about the errors.  then started throwing hard fast pickoffs.  what he needed to do was worry about himself and get another groundball.  he's not good enough to get pissed when our usual best fielder has a bad inning.

25 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Typical Texas to play like they're scared straight against a mediocre team on the road. 

I like Pierce, and believe he could be the guy, but No.1 priority should be to recruit some players with some balls, because it's clear that not very many players on this team, especially the starting rotation, have any

It's fucking WVU baseball, guys.  Augie's average teams would've crushed this team

Nah, we've never crushed WVU. Never even won a series in Morgantown.

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Nah, we've never crushed WVU. Never even won a series in Morgantown.

He only ever coached against them his last 4 years, which were arguably his worst 4 years sans 2014, which was also an average team in comparison to his others (and that team did indeed lose 2 of 3 to wvu in Morgantown that year so I guess I see your point)

Still, there is something really wrong with this athletic dept on the men's side that just immensely struggles in road games.  These kids have got to realize that they actually have to work and need mental toughness if they ever want to compete for anything meaningful at this university.  The cower in fear shit is beginning to get real old against mediocre teams.

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Really all of our pitchers have.  Skip apparently was doing something very right or very evil with their minds, because they have fallen apart in his absence.

Kingham wasn't very good under Skip. Granted, he was a freshman. 

Really, Kingham's only good year was last year under the new staff. 

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Kingham wasn't very good under Skip. Granted, he was a freshman. 

Really, Kingham's only good year was last year under the new staff. 

True enough, but the toughness and smarts of our pitchers seems to have declined from last year.

I had this weird sense most of last year that Kingham's success was flukey or lucky.  I get that sometimes and it takes a second season of quality for it to go away.  Guess I was right in some weird way.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough, but the toughness and smarts of our pitchers seems to have declined from last year.

no doubt. Skip is probably the best pitching coach in the country. 

I just think Kingham might be a headcase in general. Kingham's freshman year was like watching wild thing out there. You didn't know if it was going to be right down the middle or thrown 20 feet over the catcher's head. 

I was really high on Kingham after last year but not sure why he's being projected so high in mock drafts right now. He's had 1 really good year and 2 pretty bad years so far at this level. Kingham does have good stuff when he's on.