Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

59 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

FHS said they would send an email out for second shot appointments. How far out do they? 

Mrs. Brat had her first shot at the Reeves fb stadium on Tuesday the 2nd - and I had mine on Monday the 8th.  
They said we would receive an email appointment for our second round, but we haven’t gotten one yet. I imagine the weather bs screwed up the whole schedule and has set back everything a week. 
That’s ok, as so many need to get their first injection.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, Deej said:

I showed up an hour before my time. Had shot in 10 minutes. One guy had an 8:45 this evening and they got him in and out. Just show up if you have an appointment. They will see you any time as long as your name is on the list for that day. 

I'm starting to get pissed off at you assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

FHS said they would send an email out for second shot appointments. How far out do they? 

Good question. I haven’t received a second appointment yet, my first shot was 2/9.  Moderne is 28 days between shots so I hope to get notification in a week or 2. 

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Good question. I haven’t received a second appointment yet, my first shot was 2/9.  Moderne is 28 days between shots so I hope to get notification in a week or 2. 

Not sure if it was discussed but looks like Israel data shows 90% in stopping transmission.  Article today at Bloomberg.  Posted here so people can feel a bit better about being around unvaccinated persons and vice versa  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-21/pfizer-biontech-shot-stops-covid-s-spread-israeli-study-shows

Edited by midtown
  • Hook 'Em 2

Earlier in this thread someone said they called FHS as they never got an email for the second shot...my wife and I are coming up on 28 days and never received anything.  Wasn’t the answer from FHS at Reeves to just show up?  They had a sign saying ‘tell me if this is your second’.  Anyone ever get any word from them?

Scheduled for the 24th in Collin County and received this yesterday:

“Dear Vaccine Recipient:
Your second vaccine dose will be here next week; however, an exact delivery date is not known. The recent, historic winter storms may delay shipping. Once we receive an anticipated shipment date,
you will receive another email with specific details related to your appointment for your second vaccine. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got our first shot a week ago. At the online signup, it said be available for first shot on 2/11 and second shot on 3/4. Also had 3/4 as second shot date on the vax card we got at first shot.  Made it easy.  Had a mild headache and a little arm soreness the next day.  Headache could have been coincidental. 

so far, the only guidance online about possible supply issues from winter storms involves moderna, so hopefully we are still on for 3/4. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

First Moderna shot five weeks ago after volunteering at Minute Maid vaccine site. Second last week. After second shot, felt crummy for about a day and change with slight headache and bodyache. Enough to know immune system was at work. No fever. Arm soreness both times for a day and a half.

So if you got the shot and it was never even sore, are you the 5%?  My mom says she barely felt it and had no effects from either dose.
Older people show very few symptoms in general is my understanding. Something to do with their bodies already seeing decades of viruses

So if you got the shot and it was never even sore, are you the 5%?  My mom says she barely felt it and had no effects from either dose.

That's not surprising.  A large percentage of people who had contracted COVID were asymptomatic, including 81% of those between the ages of 10-19.  It only follows that many will show no symptoms from the vaccine.

• Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, midtown said:
11 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Older people show very few symptoms in general is my understanding. Something to do with their bodies already seeing decades of viruses

Or the viruses don’t like our old people smell?

That's not surprising.  A large percentage of people who had contracted COVID were asymptomatic, including 81% of those between the ages of 10-19.  It only follows that many will show no symptoms from the vaccine.

Who knew liquor and poker’s mom was a teenager?

I don't know what the reason is, but a doctor friend of mine says that they have seen enough evidence to say that the older you are, the fewer side effects you are likely to have from the mRNA vaccine doses. Which is interesting, because we know that if those spike proteins were attached to actual viral payloads, then you would be more likely to have serious issues if you were older.

On 1/31/2021 at 2:17 PM, texhorn said:

Yes, 1st shot of Moderna last week at Kelly Reeves in Austin. 1B group. Super streamlined, took about 20 minutes total and never got out of the car. Had a headache, general tiredness and sore arm the day after. 

I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday at Kelly Reeves. I was sitting in a line for almost an hour but after that it was fairly steamlined. 

Once the group of the cars I was in started moving I was out in about 20 minutes. Fifteen of that was me waiting for a possible reaction.

My arm is sore as fuck right now but I was told that's a good sign my immune system is working well.

2nd Moderna yesterday @ 10 AM EST. My arm was very sore after #1 but nothing else. This time my arm is less sore but I feel oddly hungover today. A little queasy. Slight headache. I'm surprised. Not what I was expecting. Maybe some chills, fatigue, etc. Instead I've basically got a wine hangover. 

HEB process was super easy. I arrived at 2:00 for a 2:30 appointment. Checked in at pharmacy. While waiting for shot, already received email for my 2nd shot appointment time.

2:31 got called in to a room and received shot. Used the 15 minutes of post shot waiting to grab a few groceries and then went on my way.

Around 7, I started feeling tired and warm. Went to bed earlier than usual. Woke up fine other than a sore arm.