Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

39 minutes ago, texhorn said:

Mine and my wife’s never came. Got my 2nd dose there today based off of the schedule they ended up posting on their Facebook page,

Gracias. I have a little over a week until I’m supposed to get second dose, so hopefully will get their weekly schedule and just show up 

Got my second pfizer shot today. I was supposed to get it on Sunday, but Great Blizzard of 2021 scewed that pooch. They called me yesterday afternoon saying they had a slot for today at 4 if I was available, and I grabbed it.

Rolled in at 3:45, filled out the paper work, got the shot at 4:02.

Arm is really sore, and a head ache is coming on. Already took tomorrow off.

Got Moderna #2 yesterday.  I’m dragging and achy 12 hours later, like a slightly milder version of my experience after #1.

i got my shots through the Methgomery County Public Health Dept. contracted out to a local clinic, Lonestar in Conroe, workers were all EMS and firemen.  Things were well organized with no glitches.  They had proper setup, proper scale, for drive through at the Methgomery County Fairgrounds in Conroe.

Meanwhile, St. Luke’s Hospital system had a fiasco as they overbooked and caused traffic gridlock in the area (45 & 242) and shut down at noon after just a couple of hours both Tuesday and Wednesday.  They then cancelled for the rest of the week and said they would go at it again at a different location next week.  Sounds like St Luke’s is incompetent - they’ve had months to figure out the logistics and blew it.  I wonder if they caused the waste of any vaccine.  You’ll never hear about this debacle in the news.

Just got a call from the wife. She was able to walk in and get a vaccination at a designated pharmacy (Everest) here in Manchester, UK. She's a health care worker so she was already priority. But the fact that she could just show up like that is something new for me to hear about.

Edited by ouflak
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just got the shot at HEB.  Bit of advice, get there early.  I stood in line for 45 minutes just to get checked in.

For those that have gone the HEB route, have you received an email regarding your second shot yet?  I was told that you needed to confirm your appointment and that I should have received the email already, but nothing yet.

I got my Pfizer shot from Texas Health Resources here in Fort Worth. I had to wait in my car in the freezing cold for about an hour, because they didn't thaw enough vaccine for the day. Once we got over that bottleneck, it was super easy. I had my second appointment scheduled before I left the waiting area for my 15 minutes.

58 minutes ago, Catpfish said:

Just got the shot at HEB.  Bit of advice, get there early.  I stood in line for 45 minutes just to get checked in.

For those that have gone the HEB route, have you received an email regarding your second shot yet?  I was told that you needed to confirm your appointment and that I should have received the email already, but nothing yet.

I got my 2nd appointment email confirmation after checking in for shot 1, but prior to actually receiving the shot. I would speak with the pharmacy again to confirm.

1 hour ago, Catpfish said:

They should have scheduled your second appointment before you left. I’d try calling the pharmacy 

Edited by StruggleBus

Got my first shot of Moderna through APH today at the Dove Springs rec center. Kinda felt like voting day - about 45 minutes waiting in line mostly outdoors. Only a touch of soreness but not bad at all. The weird thing was a slight sensation of feeling it spread down my arm a few minutes later but no big deal.

I got an email from one of my medical providers to sign up for the first shot of the vaccine, which I will get tomorrow, Saturday.  I’m in fine health, work out regularly, not overweight, low cholesterol, etc.  No comorbidities.  I assume that my provider knows this info and, at least statistically, it’s my turn to get the shot, so I signed up, like a good American, just doing my part for herd immunity. 

My wife on the other hand, a little older than me, also good health, declined her first opportunity for the vaccine, with the reasoning that there are others who need it worse than she does.  

So my question is:  Who is correct?  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I got an email from one of my medical providers to sign up for the first shot of the vaccine, which I will get tomorrow, Saturday.  I’m in fine health, work out regularly, not overweight, low cholesterol, etc.  No comorbidities.  I assume that my provider knows this info and, at least statistically, it’s my turn to get the shot, so I signed up, like a good American, just doing my part for herd immunity. 

My wife on the other hand, a little older than me, also good health, declined her first opportunity for the vaccine, with the reasoning that there are others who need it worse than she does.  

It's about getting shots into arms. Doesn't sound like you did anything untoward to get in line, so I'd say you're doing it correctly. I don't think anyone offered a shot should turn it down at this point. The sooner we get to critical mass the better.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Got second moderna shot yesterday afternoon. Kelly reeves is awesome. Got the second shot email two days ahead of the time, appt only delayed one week because of the storms. 

No pain except sore arm for 24 hours, but then got temperature of 102, aches, and headaches. Not that bad. Just annoying. 

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna on Thursday afternoon. Woke up 12 hours later in the middle of the night with a headache, body aches, fever, hella sore/sensitive arm/shoulder, and chills. Symptoms lasted about 24 hours after onset. Fever at one point got up to 103 and wasn’t really responsive to any meds. Back to normal now but man that sucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, texhorn said:

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna on Thursday afternoon. Woke up 12 hours later in the middle of the night with a headache, body aches, fever, hella sore/sensitive arm/shoulder, and chills. Symptoms lasted about 24 hours after onset. Fever at one point got up to 103 and wasn’t really responsive to any meds. Back to normal now but man that sucked.

My mother got her second dose of Moderna on Thursday. She said how she felt Friday was the worst she's ever felt in her life. This morning she's perfectly fine. 

Yeah, I know, you all gave her a shot alright..

14 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Sign up, don’t misrepresent your physical health, and get a shot when the provider says it is available.  If you did something deceptive or misleading to jump ahead of others I would say that is wrong, but as long as you did not do that then it is your turn and we should get shots in arms.

12 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Got my second dose of Moderna just now. Waiting to leave, it’s so weird because I can taste the injection.

Weird that you took it orally.   I took mine rectally like the gentleman told me it was suppose to be administered.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Got my second dose of Moderna just now. Waiting to leave, it’s so weird because I can taste the injection.

I had this same reaction when I had to get all the shots before going to sub-Saharan Africa.  It lasted for a couple of days, sort of a metallic taste.  Not so far with my first dose of Pfizer. 

got my first Pfizer shot today at Fair Park, in the shadows of the Cotton Bowl.  FEMA is administering these shots, which are aimed at 17 vulnerable zip codes in Dallas County.  my little enclave of lawyers/doctors/architects/engineers is tucked inside a lower income/older/minority zip code, so i got the email last night.  made my appointment for today at noon.

i showed up to Gate 2 like i was instructed with the QR code on my phone.  this is all drive thru.  from the time i entered Gate 2 until the time i had a needle in my arm, it was all of 8 minutes.  maybe less.

after the shot, you have to pull up and wait 15 minutes before you can leave.  they want to make sure you don't have any immediate reactions.  one person did while i was waiting.  he started honking his horn and was told to pull over while EMT came and checked on him.

as stated above, the vaccines are starting to flow.  Dallas County has got to be getting closer to giving shots to anybody who wants one.

i've got a bit of a headache but nothing bad.  may pop some Advil just to be safe.

At 13 minutes into my wait  I lost taste and smell.  Been an hour and no taste and smell...

When it came on my mouth got very watery and the viscosity of my saliva changed, I had to swallow a few times due to the volume of it.

No other side effect. 

11 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

got my first Pfizer shot today at Fair Park, in the shadows of the Cotton Bowl.  FEMA is administering these shots, which are aimed at 17 vulnerable zip codes in Dallas County.  my little enclave of lawyers/doctors/architects/engineers is tucked inside a lower income/older/minority zip code, so i got the email last night.  made my appointment for today at noon.

i showed up to Gate 2 like i was instructed with the QR code on my phone.  this is all drive thru.  from the time i entered Gate 2 until the time i had a needle in my arm, it was all of 8 minutes.  maybe less.

after the shot, you have to pull up and wait 15 minutes before you can leave.  they want to make sure you don't have any immediate reactions.  one person did while i was waiting.  he started honking his horn and was told to pull over while EMT came and checked on him.

as stated above, the vaccines are starting to flow.  Dallas County has got to be getting closer to giving shots to anybody who wants one.

i've got a bit of a headache but nothing bad.  may pop some Advil just to be safe.

They told me not to take anything for the headache unless it became strong and I needed to

• Hook 'Em 1