Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

Heard that Kelly Reeves is open for second doses if you got the first dose on Feb. 1 or earlier. No questions asked. Took 60 seconds from when I pulled off Parmer till I got the shot.

This is 100% correct. Just got my second dose today. From the other thread, it appears that some got an email breaking down when to show up. Others did not. I didn’t, but they don’t need to see shit except your ID and vax card.

*. I don’t know if they require that you had to have gotten your first dose there too or not.

Been 8 hours from #2 and I feel like I’m about to die. 
extreme body ache, migraine headach, fever and I don’t feel tired but very sleepy like I took a sleep aid. *also sweating buckets.
still thankful 

Yikes. Just a few hours away from that time frame for me.

Any anecdotal evidence on this site about cannabis treatment for post-vax?

Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Been 8 hours from #2 and I feel like I’m about to die. 

extreme body ache, migraine headach, fever and I don’t feel tired but very sleepy like I took a sleep aid. *also sweating buckets.

still thankful 

Crazy how it hits everyone different.  If I didn’t have a band aid on my arm after each shot, I would have forgotten I got it.  Hope you’re feeling better tomorrow! 

I know we've got some posters on here from the Chicago area.  Any of y'all got any advice for my mom?  It's a complete shitshow up there for signing up.  Illinois is run horribly, we know this.  But their health care system isn't usually all-bad (I know because my mom has been a frequent user of it for decades and I can run it rather easily from Texas).  But here she is, turning 76 this week, two time cancer survivor, chronic respiratory issues, obese, Hispanic, and was a smoker for 50 years until she thankfully quit a few years back.  And the only solid option the City and County have given her is to check each Walgreen's store in her 10-mile radius every few hours for an opening.  that's the big Chicagoland plan right now for someone who should probably be among the first 1b's to get the shot.  I don't know what to do for her.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I can’t access the $9.95 thread with a list of websites to sign up (Austin). Every site I go to says none available or only for olds and medical workers. I know a few of you are olds and several are fats, but how did the rest of you get on the list?

Could be pure luck...but the four people I sent this link to and signed up got vaccine appointments already from it. Posted on this or another thread a few days ago.

http://www.covidvaccinetexts.com

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I can’t access the $9.95 thread with a list of websites to sign up (Austin). Every site I go to says none available or only for olds and medical workers. I know a few of you are olds and several are fats, but how did the rest of you get on the list?

FHS in Wilco opened a bunch of appointments in late January and they allowed people to register without designating whether they are 1a or 1b. That’s how I got in. Supposedly they “fixed the glitch” when word got out that people were “jumping in line” while the olds were having trouble getting in. But I don’t know if FHS is currently open for all.

first Moderna shot this past Thursday...feels like my best friend growing up punched me in the delt as hard as he could. swollen gland in my armpit and could barely stay awake Friday.

i have a hunch the second one is going to knock my dick in the dirt.

I’m at 30 hours post second dose and other than the sore spot where the shot was given, I’ve had no aches, fever, chills or any other symptoms.

I’m at 30 hours post second dose and other than the sore spot where the shot was given, I’ve had no aches, fever, chills or any other symptoms.
Same. I've felt a little "off" but still able to do everything I had on my to do list.

Have friends who also got round 2 yesterday in wilco and it did knock them out.

Curious how this feeling translates to how I would've handled covid.

According to what the nurse told my wife at the Wilco setup at Georgetown HS, it was a cluster because someone fucked up and they had close to 1000 doses they had to use or lose today. Apparently Wilco let it known on social media anyone could come get one even if no appointment. The site was understaffed and not ready for the amount of people who showed up.

According to what the nurse told my wife at the Wilco setup at Georgetown HS, it was a cluster because someone fucked up and they had close to 1000 doses they had to use or lose today. Apparently Wilco let it known on social media anyone could come get one even if no appointment. The site was understaffed and not ready for the amount of people who showed up.

Edit: nevermind, sounds like it was Curative.. I retract my FHS jab.

Any of you guys following the various studies and papers etc? I got the feeling a few folks here might be in the scientific/epidemiology community based on some past posts. I feel like I'm moderately self-educated on the topic as I read infowars.

Let's say someone has a nearly 80 year old parent who lives to go to the gym and hasn't been in nearly a year. They are now fully vaccinated. They see their kids and grandkids often who are not vaccinated. Reason to remain home from going to the gym or is going to the gym masked up with limited capacity ok?

My read is we are trending heavily towards vaccinated individuals not being able to contract the virus in high enough loads to pass it on to others and have them become ill. 

43 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Any of you guys following the various studies and papers etc? I got the feeling a few folks here might be in the scientific/epidemiology community based on some past posts. I feel like I'm moderately self-educated on the topic as I read infowars.

Let's say someone has a nearly 80 year old parent who lives to go to the gym and hasn't been in nearly a year. They are now fully vaccinated. They see their kids and grandkids often who are not vaccinated. Reason to remain home from going to the gym or is going to the gym masked up with limited capacity ok?

My read is we are trending heavily towards vaccinated individuals not being able to contract the virus in high enough loads to pass it on to others and have them become ill. 

Recent studies and data from Israel show that the mRNA vaccines are between ~80-90 percent effective at stopping spread. There is still some risk that they could catch it and pass it to you. It's a much smaller risk, but it's not zero risk. That becomes a risk tolerance issue that your family will have to make a decision about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Recent studies and data from Israel show that the mRNA vaccines are between ~80-90 percent effective at stopping spread. There is still some risk that they could catch it and pass it to you. It's a much smaller risk, but it's not zero risk. That becomes a risk tolerance issue that your family will have to make a decision about. 

I would add to this that if they are also masked up and at a limited capacity gym they're risks are even lower.

• Like 1

At the beginning of the year, my #1 priority was getting mother, who's in her 70's and smoked a pack/day for 50 years, fully vaccinated. She lives in a small central Texas town. Hadn't been to a doctor in 20+ years.

Happy to report that thanks to UT Health San Antonio and the federal government, my mother has now received her second Moderna shot, and now I can stop worrying so damn much.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Bevo in VA said:

I would add to this that if they are also masked up and at a limited capacity gym they're risks are even lower.

Yeah. I'm trying to be understanding and I totally support the fact that everyone has different comfort levels. It just seems to me that the risk of him bringing it home and passing it to the grandkids who pass it to their parents seems astronomically low to me. Especially bringing home enough virus to actually get someone sick enough that they would be in danger. I probably should stay out of the fray on this one but it bugs the crap out of me so I guess I'm just venting and looking for validation. 

1 hour ago, APMP said:

Bastrop has been looking for volunteers every weekend, and they get shots if any remain. I have heard that, so far, volunteers have gotten shots because there were enough left over every weekend without fail.

Any idea how to sign up for this? Have a family member that wants the vaccine badly because he's in a job that has high contact with the public, but has moral qualms with using my channels to get his shot. This might be a great compromise for him.

Anyone with info on Kelly Reeves for people who got their vaccines there there after 2/1? Got mine 2/2, so tomorrow is 28 days, but no follow up email ever. The only thing on FHS facebook (from last Friday) says this: 

Vaccine Update:
We are scheduling 1st dose appointments for March 1st-3rd. We are waiting for second dose shipments. We will email those individuals to book their appointment for March 4th-6th when vaccines are in. WE CANNOT BOOK APPOINTMENTS UNTIL WE RECEIVE OUR SHIPMENTS.

Not helpful, FHS.

35 minutes ago, hornian said:

Anyone with info on Kelly Reeves for people who got their vaccines there there after 2/1? Got mine 2/2, so tomorrow is 28 days, but no follow up email ever. The only thing on FHS facebook (from last Friday) says this: 

Not helpful, FHS.

If you don't hear anything from FHS this week (like I didn't last week), I recommend you just show up with your ID and vaccine card.  The worst they can do is turn you away. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, hornian said:

Not helpful, FHS.

p31044_p_v10_af.jpg

Vaccine Update: We are scheduling 1st dose appointments for March 1st-3rd. We are waiting for second dose shipments. We will email those individuals to book their appointment for March 4th-6th when vaccines are in. WE CANNOT BOOK APPOINTMENTS UNTIL WE RECEIVE OUR SHIPMENTS.
Not helpful, FHS.

Look at other places. We’ve managed to get a bunch of family/friends registered at CVS. They seem to be pretty good at getting people booked and shots doled out