Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

9 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Not helpful, FHS.

Look at other places. We’ve managed to get a bunch of family/friends registered at CVS. They seem to be pretty good at getting people booked and shots doled out

Horn Ian and a lot of us have already gotten first shots through FHS. We were told the second would be scheduled a week after via email. Still waiting on those emails. And we hit our 28 days today, with very little info. So it’s not as simple as looking elsewhere.

1 hour ago, UnivTex34 said:

Horn Ian and a lot of us have already gotten first shots through FHS. We were told the second would be scheduled a week after via email. Still waiting on those emails. And we hit our 28 days today, with very little info. So it’s not as simple as looking elsewhere.

57 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

FYI to you FHS 2/1 first rounders, just got an email from FHS to reregister and was able to book my second round for Wednesday. Looks like weds/thurs/fri were options. Waiting for confirmation, but better than nothing.

Just got my email too. I booked for Friday - most of the people I know who had strong reactions had it starting about 8 hours after 2nd dose. So that way I won't be trying to work through it. 

On 2/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, South Austin said:

Felt nothing but a sore arm after shot No. 1. I got shot No. 2 yesterday afternoon and now I’m fatigued, achy, and chilly. Gonna ride it out on the couch.

You fucker...wasn’t it you at KR the same time I was on Feb 1?  Driving in that purple Grip N Sip Donk?

Edited by Homercles

16 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Sorry if I was unclear. What I was saying is that you don't need to get your second shot from the same place. If FHS is not providing information, look at CVS or one of the many other places that has shots. CVS is getting tons of vaccines, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a slot within a couple days (you may have to make a bit of a drive though).

29 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Sorry if I was unclear. What I was saying is that you don't need to get your second shot from the same place. If FHS is not providing information, look at CVS or one of the many other places that has shots. CVS is getting tons of vaccines, and you shouldn't have a problem getting a slot within a couple days (you may have to make a bit of a drive though).

I think you are supposed to.   As I understand it there are automatic reorders for 2nd dose based on allocation for first dose at any given location.  So if you go get your 2nd dose at a location offering first doses, good for you I guess but you technically leave an unallocated dose and location of your first dose and then will technically have a shot ordered for you at other location.   That doesn't mean some of these locations aren't screwing up the system and offering their allocated 2nd doses as 1st doses but that is how I believe it's supposed to work.

32 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

yeah, CVS and HEB would not allow second dose only scheduling when I looked last week.

Just now, Skipper said:

I think you are supposed to.   As I understand it there are automatic reorders for 2nd dose based on allocation for first dose at any given location.  So if you go get your 2nd dose at a location offering first doses, good for you I guess but you technically leave an unallocated dose and location of your first dose and then will technically have a shot ordered for you at other location.   That doesn't mean some of these locations aren't screwing up the system and offering their allocated 2nd doses as 1st doses but that is how I believe it's supposed to work.

also this

To elaborate, I just got my 2nd dose at UTSW.  They made it clear in their reservation system that reservations wouldn't open up for 2nd doses until UTSW actually received their allocated 2nd dose supply.  So registration opened up just a couple of days before shot was due in my case.   In other words, if UTSW had 2nd doses running late, they weren't going to dip in to their first dose supply and screw their system up.

I don't know how you not 1A 1B types are gettting scheduled.

In Dallas County,  everyone in my family is signed up with DCHHS, and only the olds have gotten appointments/injections and are now fully vaccinated.

Every resource I attempt (pharmacies, clinics, etc.) indicates either no availability, or getting past that, representation of 1A or 1B.

I'm not going to misrepresent my status to get a shot and I'm not saying any of you youngsters are.

It kinda sounds like centex counties and maybe some others just aren't following the goddamn rules.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure volunteering at vaccination site - Kelly reeves stadium in this case - was  discussed up thread but hoping someone could share some knowledge. Friend is scheduled to perform “data entry” later this week with the hope there will be leftover shots at the end of the day. Friend  is not yet eligible to get shot and is struggling with the guilt of jumping the line so to speak but has elderly family overseas and wants to get vaccinated ASAP for travel purposes in the event there is a family emergency etc.  Is this a realistic way to get the vaccine? 

anybody else go through CVS?  It was my understanding those CVS stores in Texas administer Moderna.  Those two shots are supposed to be spaced 28 days apart, CVS would only let me schedule them 21 days apart.  Is that correct?  I feel like I'm gonna have to reschedule my second dose, which'll kick me out of their system altogether.  

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In Dallas County,  everyone in my family is signed up with DCHHS, and only the olds have gotten appointments/injections and are now fully vaccinated.

Every resource I attempt (pharmacies, clinics, etc.) indicates either no availability, or getting past that, representation of 1A or 1B.

I'm not going to misrepresent my status to get a shot and I'm not saying any of you youngsters are.

It kinda sounds like centex counties and maybe some others just aren't following the goddamn rules.

The 1A/1B status is a Texas thing.  As I understand it, absent doses going to waste and offering to public at large, nobody is supposed to be advertising shot appointments for anything but 1A or 1B.   That being said, some locations (like Dallas) have you fill out info where you have to check a box indicating what you have that makes you 1B.   Others there is no information needed other than Name, Email Address and Phone Number (Parker County for example as I registered family there).   

anybody else go through CVS?  It was my understanding those CVS stores in Texas administer Moderna.  Those two shots are supposed to be spaced 28 days apart, CVS would only let me schedule them 21 days apart.  Is that correct?  I feel like I'm gonna have to reschedule my second dose, which'll kick me out of their system altogether.  

CVS just gave me pfizer. 2nd dose on 3/23

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

about five posts up.  Just had first CVS today.  Pfizer.  2nd one scheduled on 3/23 at same place.

Yeah, I got signed up.  I'm just seeing mixed reports on what states have which vaccine.  My area says it's distributing Moderna, but the 3-week spacing of my two shots on their site suggest I'm taking Pfizer.  I'm not picky at this point, but I just want to make sure I'm getting the same one both times and that it's spaced appropriately.  Because we already had a few instances of signing up for one and getting kicked out of that line because we didn't have the right second one queued up as well.  

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

Just got the email from APH for an appointment on Thursday for the second dose. First dose was on 2/4 so right at 28 days.

Good to know. I was wondering about the process for the second dose. When I got my first last week, the only thing they said was that I'd be able to schedule one in 28 days but not how to go about it.

Good to know. I was wondering about the process for the second dose. When I got my first last week, the only thing they said was that I'd be able to schedule one in 28 days but not how to go about it.

They did not give me a choice on a time. I got an email with the QR code and a time and place for the appointment. If you cannot make it, they will reschedule for the following week.

4 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

They did not give me a choice on a time. I got an email with the QR code and a time and place for the appointment. If you cannot make it, they will reschedule for the following week.

Maybe it is different with the general public or maybe it depends on where you got vaccinated.  I called a week before I was due and scheduled the whole office with a scheduler.

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Maybe it is different with the general public or maybe it depends on where you got vaccinated.  I called a week before I was due and scheduled the whole office with a scheduler.

Yeah, it's a bit different for the general public. 

Got my first Moderna dose at the end of January. That one was smooth sailing other than soreness at injection site. Got my 2nd dose last Thursday afternoon and that motherfucker kicked my ass. Felt like I had the flu for a solid day and a half along with 100+ fever and a pretty nasty headache. Woke up Saturday around noon feeling back to normal. I'm in IT for a healthcare org so our whole team got it and it seems my experience was the same as most of my coworkers.

It's worth it though, especially now that the mouth breathers will be out in full force maskless.

• Hook 'Em 2

Any idea how to sign up for this? Have a family member that wants the vaccine badly because he's in a job that has high contact with the public, but has moral qualms with using my channels to get his shot. This might be a great compromise for him.

What city?

I'm not going to misrepresent my status to get a shot...

Dallas County allows volunteers to get one (if available) after 15 hours...

I’m sure volunteering at vaccination site - Kelly reeves stadium in this case - was  discussed up thread but hoping someone could share some knowledge. Friend is scheduled to perform “data entry” later this week with the hope there will be leftover shots at the end of the day. Friend  is not yet eligible to get shot and is struggling with the guilt of jumping the line so to speak but has elderly family overseas and wants to get vaccinated ASAP for travel purposes in the event there is a family emergency etc.  Is this a realistic way to get the vaccine? 

Dallas County allows volunteers to get one (if available) after 15 hours, but last Sat they had over 100 extra doses so all volunteers got one regardless of hours AND tens of YOUNG randos off the street who were tipped off also got one.

Everyone I know who has put in 15 hours has gotten one. I know some who got it after 5 last Sat (they promise to do their addl. 10 hours though, I swear).

Pretty reliable way to get one on Dallas if you are so inclined. I can give more deets on the DL if anyone is seriously interested in working at Fair Park.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Any idea how to sign up for this? Have a family member that wants the vaccine badly because he's in a job that has high contact with the public, but has moral qualms with using my channels to get his shot. This might be a great compromise for him.
I think the Bastrop volunteer spots get posted here:

https://bastropcountyconnects.galaxydigital.com/need/
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

APH opened 3700 first doses tonight and within a minute there were 12,000 people in the queue. The quest continues...

I got lucky number 2800 in the queue and just got home from my first Moderna shot at Delco Activity Center. It was a much smoother, quicker, and well-run operation than I anticipated. They opened the doors up at 10 sharp and I had the shot by 10:15.  Wife pulled number 7k something in the queue, so no dice yet.

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

Done.

20210303_142559.jpg

congrats!

keep us updated on the side effects if you can, por favor.

i'll be getting the second dose of Pfizer in a few weeks.  just curious about different experiences.  i feel like people consistently say the Moderna second dose is a bitch, but i haven't heard as much about Pfizer.  maybe i just don't know many who have had the Pfizer.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, woohorn said:

What city?

Dallas County allows volunteers to get one (if available) after 15 hours...

Dallas County allows volunteers to get one (if available) after 15 hours, but last Sat they had over 100 extra doses so all volunteers got one regardless of hours AND tens of YOUNG randos off the street who were tipped off also got one.

Everyone I know who has put in 15 hours has gotten one. I know some who got it after 5 last Sat (they promise to do their addl. 10 hours though, I swear).

Pretty reliable way to get one on Dallas if you are so inclined. I can give more deets on the DL if anyone is seriously interested in working at Fair Park.

Still true even though Fair Park seems to have transitioned from local to FEMA control?

Should I just start loitering around Fair Park?

44 minutes ago, Deej said:

Done.

20210303_142559.jpg

Looks like you and I were in line together today.  

Oddly enough, both my feet fell asleep so badly about twenty minutes after my shot, I thought I was going to have to pull off to the side of the road just north of Jarrell.  Could have been a coincidence but I’ve never had that feeling before.  Very strange.  

Will check in again here tomorrow or Friday and let y’all know what, if any, side effects occur.  

I just filled out and signed the forms again, didn’t want to get there tomorrow for #2 and get turned back or be like the asshole car of 4 assholes who didn’t have anything filled out and made me wait behind them like an asshole for 15 minutes like last time.  

34 minutes ago, Chet Steadman said:

Looks like you and I were in line together today.  

Oddly enough, both my feet fell asleep so badly about twenty minutes after my shot, I thought I was going to have to pull off to the side of the road just north of Jarrell.  Could have been a coincidence but I’ve never had that feeling before.  Very strange.  

Will check in again here tomorrow or Friday and let y’all know what, if any, side effects occur.  

My wife was fine until about 12 hours afterwards then get rundown and had a headache.  She was also pretty hungover so may have been delayed affects from drinking too much then yelling incoherently at me after she lost her phone.  

And my feet better not fall asleep as my car is a stick and gotta pickup my son at school after.  Would hate to do that in second gear the whole time.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

congrats!

keep us updated on the side effects if you can, por favor.

i'll be getting the second dose of Pfizer in a few weeks.  just curious about different experiences.  i feel like people consistently say the Moderna second dose is a bitch, but i haven't heard as much about Pfizer.  maybe i just don't know many who have had the Pfizer.

I got Pfizer #2 yesterday late morning.   Arm was pretty sore (same with #1 - that was only symptom for first shot).   I felt more tired than normal last night but nothing too dramatic.   Then today had a minor headache and felt just a bit "off" (kind of like how you feel with a minor cold but without runny nose, etc.).  Who knows how much of that is in my head vs. actual side effects, but in any event, I finally said F it and popped a couple of Tylenol a couple of hours ago and feel fine and plan to work out in about an hour.   So pretty easy experience all in for me assuming more symptoms don't hit later.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1