Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Still true even though Fair Park seems to have transitioned from local to FEMA control?

Should I just start loitering around Fair Park?

I've heard multiple instances of shots being given out to anyone and everyone at Fair park towards the end of last week.  But that was when there was basically no plan other than "show up if you are due shot #2" due to the weather the week before.  

On 3/2/2021 at 2:23 PM, blacklab said:

As someone who grew up in Arlington, I can verify that Mansfield is a shithole.

As someone that went to elementary school in Mansfield back when it was mostly farmland and except for the neighborhoods around the country club, fuck off. It’s no worse than 90% of Arlington and better than half of it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Still true even though Fair Park seems to have transitioned from local to FEMA control?
Should I just start loitering around Fair Park?
Loitering around Fair Park is always a great idea, even before COVID.

Yes, there were tons of FEMA, tons of Nat Guards, and tons of volunteers. I think it has more to do with the fact that they are only doing 2nd shots-not that FEMA moved in. Once Biden comes through with more 1st shot doses, it will be a better scene for volunteering.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I got Pfizer #2 yesterday late morning.   Arm was pretty sore (same with #1 - that was only symptom for first shot).   I felt more tired than normal last night but nothing too dramatic.   Then today had a minor headache and felt just a bit "off" (kind of like how you feel with a minor cold but without runny nose, etc.).  Who knows how much of that is in my head vs. actual side effects, but in any event, I finally said F it and popped a couple of Tylenol a couple of hours ago and feel fine and plan to work out in about an hour.   So pretty easy experience all in for me assuming more symptoms don't hit later.

You’re not supposed to workout your arms for 24-48 hours so the chip doesn’t pop out.  FYI.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Homercles said:

And my feet better not fall asleep as my car is a stick and gotta pickup my son at school after.  Would hate to do that in second gear the whole time.  

I pulled up to where they give the actual shot, and some woman came over and chided me to put my car in park. I told her it was a manual and I had it in neutral with the hand brake on. 

She looked confused then said she knows what it sounds like when a car is not in park. 

Whatever.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I got Pfizer #2 yesterday late morning.   Arm was pretty sore (same with #1 - that was only symptom for first shot).   I felt more tired than normal last night but nothing too dramatic.   Then today had a minor headache and felt just a bit "off" (kind of like how you feel with a minor cold but without runny nose, etc.).  Who knows how much of that is in my head vs. actual side effects, but in any event, I finally said F it and popped a couple of Tylenol a couple of hours ago and feel fine and plan to work out in about an hour.   So pretty easy experience all in for me assuming more symptoms don't hit later.

I got my second pfizer dose back in September as part of the trial. I felt run down and had a headache for a couple of days. I also had some unusual joint pain and had a temp of around 100F. It wasn't a big deal but I definitely noticed. 

Question for those who scheduled through CVS - did it take a while to receive a confirmation email?  I think I signed up yesterday for a first dose on the 8th and second on the 29th (made it to the confirmation screen) but haven’t seen a confirmation email.

Edited by Amos Moses

26 minutes ago, Amos Moses said:

Question for those who scheduled through CVS - did it take a while to receive a confirmation email?  I think I signed up yesterday for a first dose on the 8th and second on the 29th (made it to the confirmation screen) but haven’t seen a confirmation email.

It wasn't instant but it was within an hour

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

@South Austin did you fill out the forms online a second time before your second shot at KR?  When I login to the portal to see my second appointment confirmed, got a little red dot with a link to the forms to fill out.  

Yes, I had to do all that again, including uploading my drivers license and insurance card.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got my second Pfizer shot on Monday with no symptoms until I woke up Tuesday. Mostly just sore and tired all day yesterday until the evening when I ran a low grade fever and had chills off and on all night. Managed to work a half day today, but still a little tired (although nothing like yesterday). Plan on returning to business as usual tomorrow. Feel it was a very small price to pay for some form of protection. Good luck to all those still going through the experience. There is a noticeable decrease in anxiety now that it’s done.

for those that got the Moderna shot through APH - did you get notice regarding the second shot, did they just email/text your appointment time?

or did you have to go through the whole 'try to get through on the website in time' process again?

Just now, mchookem said:

for those that got the Moderna shot through APH - did you get notice regarding the second shot, did they just email/text your appointment time?

or did you have to go through the whole 'try to get through on the website in time' process again?

I got an email with my appointment time yesterday, and my appointment is tomorrow. It will be exactly 28 days from my first shot. If you can't make the appointment they schedule for you, they will reschedule for the following week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

took a month but finally scheduled for the Moderna 1 shot tomorrow. but hey its the city of austin... I expect a fuckup when I get there

My wife and I will see you there around lunchtime, friendo! We were approx 1800 and 2100 on tonight’s sign up. 

4 hours ago, Amos Moses said:

Check your junk folder. 

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. A little tired, but no arm pain yesterday. This afternoon, while I was on a video call, it hit. Pain all over. Took some Advil and laid down to rest for a couple of hours. Super hungry again. 

You folks who did cVS here in Texas.....do they ask more questions once you’re inside for your Appt or you just sit down, show ID; get stabbed, and go?

4 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

took a month but finally scheduled for the Moderna 1 shot tomorrow. but hey its the city of austin... I expect a fuckup when I get there

Got mine today through APH at the Delco Activity Center. Was a better a operation than I anticipated. The lights were on and everything!  Good luck..  

Wife pulled number 3600 something tonight and just made it in for one of tomorrow's 3100 shots.  Makes you wonder what happened to the 500+ people in front of her, but having gotten through the process twice now (for my first and hers) I could  see how easily someone could screw up after it's their turn to schedule. 

Putting this here as well...

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.27.433180v1?fbclid=IwAR29LFoenLjZWkl8MpJJfwiNrwYylHshGj1ynf-leD7vHAa-uQiPepEJHC0

as of tonight my county is in 1c- which for us means basically the age restriction goes to 50, the BMI to 25, and hypertension is added to the list of comorbidities. 

shot 2 in 10 hours but who’s counting. 

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

You folks who did cVS here in Texas.....do they ask more questions once you’re inside for your Appt or you just sit down, show ID; get stabbed, and go?

They give you a timer because they want you to hang around for 15 minutes just in case. I got bored and bought 30 bucks worth of batteries. I think that was their plan all along. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I don't mind the hanging around part afterwards part, I'm sure it's for a good reason.  Enough people must have passed out during clinical trials and foamed at the mouth.  I'm not worried about that part.  Wife got paranoid that they'd ask us questions when we got in there to make sure we truly qualified.  She is technically a HCW who works with kids and elderly folks up close and personal as a Speech Therapist.  I'm just a 1c, but we were both gonna wait until all the 1b's went as the Christian thing to do.  But when we got early word that Abbott was about to turn the state into the fucking Hunger Games, we said fuck it and booked slots.  I told her I doubt they're not gonna question the validity of our appointment slot, but you never know...I might get the one boy scout in the whole CVS chain.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

What,no KY love lube?

You don't need that if you've got the kinda bedroom toys that need $30 worth of batteries.  

It was when he stopped off at Home Depot to rent a backup generator that I began to truly wonder.

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Has anyone had any type of allergic reaction yet?

I'm allergic as hell, but not to many foods or drugs, mostly airborne shit.

I have never had an anaphylactic reaction, yet.

I'm crazy alergic to trees and grasses.  Get monthly shots.  I had no reaction to Pfizer.

Allergist told me that it is fine to take allergy shots a day after you get vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

4 of our bus drivers got moderna #2 yesterday, all are driving this morning. Outside of arm pain, they’re not all bed ridden after #2. Hoping it’s a loud minority it happens to. 3 more get #2 tomorrow including my parents

I know more than a few folks who didn't have any issues until 24 hours after their second shot.

Totally spaced out on the second dose scheduling, wife and I were just so damn happy to be able to book it.  We get it later this month, on a Friday (which I hope was wise since we may need the weekend to recover).  I go in the morning, she goes in the afternoon.  But just realized we should have spaced them out by a few days between the two of us.  If we both get knocked on our ass, nobody will be awake to take care of the two munchkins.  Whoops.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Totally spaced out on the second dose scheduling, wife and I were just so damn happy to be able to book it.  We get it later this month, on a Friday (which I hope was wise since we may need the weekend to recover).  I go in the morning, she goes in the afternoon.  But just realized we should have spaced them out by a few days between the two of us.  If we both get knocked on our ass, nobody will be awake to take care of the two munchkins.  Whoops.  

CVS just auto-scheduled my 2nd one for me when I signed up. It's on a Thursday so I may just go ahead and put Friday as a vacation day on the schedule. 

^

also wise, I'm just second-guessing myself because if she and I both sleep for 11 hours (which we've never done) like many are saying happened to them after their second dose, I don't know what the fuck the kids are gonna do by themselves.  Could make for a fun sit-com premise.  

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Morning after my 2nd Pfizer dose. Sore arm, feel run down, and most of my sense of taste is gone. Slept 11 hours last night. 

I lost taste after my first moderna shot. Was concerned I caught covid right before I got vaccinated but tested negative. 

13 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

First round Moderna last Friday.  Couldn't sleep on that arm/side for about 3 days.  That was only side effect.  Friends who had COVID at one point had bad symptoms.  2nd shot at the end of March.

I'm on day two after the Moderna 1st round and my shoulder is still sore as fuck with some visible bruising at the injection spot. No shit it feels like I took a close range paintball blast to the left shoulder. Short of a couple bad blood draw experiences I've never had a needle stick that has left me this sore. It's impressive.

So brief update.  I'm about 21 hours post second shot.  Last night felt fine although I couldn't go to sleep and had very little appetite (probably more a function of the burger I had for lunch at Jucy's than anything with the shot).  Was restless and couldn't sleep.  Stayed up until about 1 (usually in bed by 11:30 most nights).  Still only mild injection site soreness.  The weird thing is that now my other shoulder (dominant arm) which has lingering bursitis and perhaps a small rotator cuff tear is sore as hell and I can barely move it.  Has to be generalized inflammation but it is a head scratcher, for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1