Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

9 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

So brief update.  I'm about 21 hours post second shot.  Last night felt fine although I couldn't go to sleep and had very little appetite (probably more a function of the burger I had for lunch at Jucy's than anything with the shot).  Was restless and couldn't sleep.  Stayed up until about 1 (usually in bed by 11:30 most nights).  Still only mild injection site soreness.  The weird thing is that now my other shoulder (dominant arm) which has lingering bursitis and perhaps a small rotator cuff tear is sore as hell and I can barely move it.  Has to be generalized inflammation but it is a head scratcher, for sure.

Stop scratching your head

• Haha 1

So brief update.  I'm about 21 hours post second shot.  Last night felt fine although I couldn't go to sleep and had very little appetite (probably more a function of the burger I had for lunch at Jucy's than anything with the shot).  Was restless and couldn't sleep.  Stayed up until about 1 (usually in bed by 11:30 most nights).  Still only mild injection site soreness.  The weird thing is that now my other shoulder (dominant arm) which has lingering bursitis and perhaps a small rotator cuff tear is sore as hell and I can barely move it.  Has to be generalized inflammation but it is a head scratcher, for sure.

Tranquilizer shot, classic mix up. You won’t be spanking it until next week

If you can do CVS, select south Austin at stassney.  Ridiculously smooth operation and the pharmacy check in gal and the shot administering HCW are both kinda cute.  Or the cutest you’re gonna see at a 1b vaccination site.  

Update at approximately +27 hours from second Pfizer dose.  Wife is down for the count.  Has been in bed most of the day with chills and generally shitty disposition.  I've been pretty much okay except for injection site soreness and then a really sore other rotator cuff when I woke up.  It's since improved somewhat.  Now starting to feel a little crappy.  Mild headache, prickly skin.  Feels like fever might be trying to come on.  Still very mild overall assuming it's not all in my head.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just finished at Kelly Reeves for number 2...thanked everyone I saw like I just won gotdamn Miss America.  

image.jpeg.6d67bd18e0c62dfce2a925e7034a800d.jpeg

Way more cars this time but it was organized better...instead of a giant snaking line they had everyone pulled up into rows and sent each row through FIFO style.  Took a little over an hour this time.  Nurse was cute.  

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Just finished at Kelly Reeves for number 2...thanked everyone I saw like I just won gotdamn Miss America.  

Way more cars this time but it was organized better...instead of a giant snaking line they had everyone pulled up into rows and sent each row through FIFO style.  Took a little over an hour this time.  Nurse was cute.  

Ah, the south Austin’s mom method of cueing. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Queueing?

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

APH is NOT a 15 minute operation today. We arrived at 12:10 for a 12:30 appointment.  We are currently about halfway through a snaking line in the parking lot that would make Disneyland proud. 

yeah... it unfortunately is what i expected from the city. 

My 1130 appt got there at 1105.  they tell me get in line... which snakes 10 lines deep.  it was relatively uneventful walking through the 10 snaking lines took about  60 mins... then another 15 mins to get into the building.... but guess what folks... the line doesnt end there, it wraps around 3/4 of the damn building in another 2 snake lines.  so about 30 mins after I enter the building  , I finally get the shot.  wait 10 mins to make sure I dont have a seizure and I get to leave. it was almost 1:15 when I got out... for an 1130 appt I arrived 20 mins early for.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

May have had the same nurse today. Station #1?  

FHS has that shit running like a fucking top. 

Edited by Anastasis

Moderna 1 yesterday

Temple CVS, nice lunch time drive from Austin with the wife.  Took 2.5 hours total.

I get a flu shot every year and blood/platelets regularly, so no problem with needles.  But, god damn my shoulder is sore after this one.  

Edited by Kringelbert Fishtybuns

yeah... it unfortunately is what i expected from the city. 
My 1130 appt got there at 1105.  they tell me get in line... which snakes 10 lines deep.  it was relatively uneventful walking through the 10 snaking lines took about  60 mins... then another 15 mins to get into the building.... but guess what folks... the line doesnt end there, it wraps around 3/4 of the damn building in another 2 snake lines.  so about 30 mins after I enter the building  , I finally get the shot.  wait 10 mins to make sure I dont have a seizure and I get to leave. it was almost 1:15 when I got out... for an 1130 appt I arrived 20 mins early for.

My guess is they auto scheduled a bunch of delayed second doses for today. My mom’s two shots have been a breeze, but much to my chagrin she bailed on her first second dose appointment after the freeze because of the crowds and line. Much better the second time around when she was rescheduled, as well as for the first dose.

I'll chime in.

Dad's had both shots of Moderna.  24 hours after second shot, he had a brief period of chills, with a mild temp (maybe 4 hours or so).  That was it for symptoms associated with both shots.  Mom has had one shot of Moderna with a sore arm for a couple of days as her only parting gift.  Sister has had first Pfizer; in her words, she felt blah for a day or so, but arm soreness was gone pretty quickly.  Said flu shots hurt her worse.

Wife had her first shot of Pfizer last week.  She had a sore arm for 4 days, with some general sluggishness for the better part of two days.

I had my first shot of Moderna yesterday at 10 am.  Within 30 minutes, arm started hurting. More sore than any flu shot I've ever received.  By 5 pm, I started feeling like shit---like a nasty case of flu coming on.  Hit the bed after 7 and slept until 5:30 am.  Went to work, but probably could have stayed home; felt like I had a hangover all day.  Around 1 this afternoon started having a migraine, which lasted until 3 or so.  Got home after 4, went promptly to bed and napped for a few hours.  Feeling a little better right now, but arm is still pretty damned sore.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

On 3/3/2021 at 3:17 PM, Chet Steadman said:

Looks like you and I were in line together today.  

Oddly enough, both my feet fell asleep so badly about twenty minutes after my shot, I thought I was going to have to pull off to the side of the road just north of Jarrell.  Could have been a coincidence but I’ve never had that feeling before.  Very strange.  

Will check in again here tomorrow or Friday and let y’all know what, if any, side effects occur.  

Did not post yesterday because did not move yesterday.  Yikes, that sucked.  

Went to bed feeling great but took two Tylenol PMs just in case.  Awoke at 1am (approx the 12hr mark) and felt awful.  Headache and body ache all over.  Did not sleep the rest of the night.  Someone above equated it to a car wreck and that’s absolutely right.  Every joint and muscle in my body felt bruised and swollen. Even the thought of moving was painful.  Started feeling better by lunch, moved around for about an hour then crashed hard the rest of the evening/night.  

Woke up just now feeling 90% better.  

I’m pumped the immune system was doing what it’s supposed to but that was not fun. 

@Deej how’s you do?

Got really tired about 3 hours after the shot. Went to bed at 7. Woke up at midnight feeling crappy and tossed and turned until I had to go to work. Lost my sense of taste for about 4 or 5 hours yesterday morning. Had lightheadedness and blurry vision in the afternoon. Body ache started after I got home. Went to bed early again. Feel better this morning, but still feel exhausted. 

• Like 1

Got my 2nd Pfizer shot thursday at 11am.  Felt fine until around 7, then suddenly had uncontrolled shivering, fever, headache, body aches.  I think the shivering caused the body aches.  Better this morning, shivering and fever is gone, but headache and body aches still persist.  Going to stay on the couch today.

• Like 1

Wife got her 2nd Moderna shot through FHs yesterday morning. 

She had moderna arm after the first shot (https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6887483002), but no other side effects. 

Last night after kids were in bed she started getting chills, then she got a pretty bad fever, and generally didn’t sleep well. Ibuprofen helped, and she’s feeling better this morning. 

My second shot is scheduled for noon today, so I assume I’m in for a shitty night. 

42 minutes ago, hornian said:

Ibuprofen helped,

I took a couple ibuprofen and feeling a lot better now.  Arm still sore as shit and mild soreness in other muscles.  But chills are gone. Never spike a fever. Felt like a half handle hang over though when I woke up.  

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

So many stupid people. 

Someone at work is getting her first shot next week and is going to travel to visit family that weekend since she'll be vaccinated. 

545922F0-1D0A-4512-B11F-4ADB235F6205.gif

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We celebrated the eight day anniversary of getting shot #2 of Pfizer by eating lunch indoors at a favorite restaurant. First time since this shit started.

They are never busy at lunch and still require masks unless you are seated at your table. What a treat to have an almost normal dining experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TexPx said:

We celebrated the eight day anniversary of getting shot #2 of Pfizer by eating lunch indoors at a favorite restaurant. First time since this shit started.

They are never busy at lunch and still require masks unless you are seated at your table. What a treat to have an almost normal dining experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i imagine we will be doing something similar in early April when we're both fully vaccinated and they're fully effective.