Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

46 minutes ago, Deej said:

So many stupid people. 

Someone at work is getting her first shot next week and is going to travel to visit family that weekend since she'll be vaccinated. 

200.gif

My ex-wife went to a neighbor's house three days after her first dose because she was "vaccinated". 

I’m about 20hrs post number 2 and my arm hurts pretty good, but otherwise felt well enough to hop on the peloton for an hour.  Now feel like I could take a nap despite sleeping well last night...who knows.  Since the most common side effect of getting vaccinated is talking about getting vaccinated, I’ll report back later.  

In the meantime here’s some breaking news

Edited by Homercles
  • Haha 4

I'm dumb and need advice

So I got the FHS on 2/9 and my second dose 28 days for moderna is 3/9 (tuesday)

I just got a email to register and book second shot, but when I look to book it only has first shot available on Saturday/Sunday

Should I 

1) book the appointment for Saturday/Sunday - they probably didn't differentiate first and second on booking page and they mean for me to book this slot, it's basically 28 days

2) wait till next week and hope a book second dose appointment slot opens up on website

(note: they sent a separate email before register email saying 1st shots will be scheduled for Monday/Tuesday and 2nd shots for Thursday/Friday, and you will receive a register email the week of your 28 days)

I'm so confused. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm dumb and need advice

I just got a email to register and book second shot, but when I look to book it only has first shot available on Saturday/Sunday

Should I 

1) book the appointment for Saturday/Sunday - they probably didn't differentiate first and second on booking page and they mean for me to book this slot, it's basically 28 days

2) wait till next week and hope a book second dose appointment slot opens up on website

(note: they sent a separate email before register email saying 1st shots will be scheduled for Monday/Tuesday and 2nd shots for Thursday/Friday, and you will receive a register email the week of your 28 days)

I'm so confused. 

I would wait until next week.  You can get the second dose anywhere between 28 and 42 days after the first dose.

49 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm dumb and need advice

Should I 

I'm so confused. 

FHS's communications and scheduling interface are confusing as hell. They are doing a 24h vax-a-thon this weekend.  I am betting that they didn't bounce their wilco waitlist invites off of their roster of people previously vaccinated. I got an invite email on Thursday evening, literally about the time I got home from KR.  But I never got the email with the green link. Next week you should get an email monday or tuesday with an invite to schedule your second dose later in the week Thurs/Friday.   At least that is how it is suppose to work. 

They posted this earlier...

Evu5ptvXcAI7jKZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

FHS's communications and scheduling interface are confusing as hell. They are doing a 24h vax-a-thon this weekend.  I am betting that they didn't bounce their wilco waitlist invites off of their roster of people previously vaccinated. I got an invite email on Thursday evening, literally about the time I got home from KR.  But I never got the email with the green link. Next week you should get an email monday or tuesday with an invite to schedule your second dose later in the week Thurs/Friday.   At least that is how it is suppose to work. 

Any thoughts on why I got an invite from FHS when I am not 1A, 1B, old, or a teacher?  I registered with them and gave honest responses across the board.  given that i could most accurately be compared to a 40 year old zarathrustra ubermensch, why would i have gotten an invite to get poked tomorrow at KR?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, sidis said:

Any thoughts on why I got an invite from FHS when I am not 1A, 1B, old, or a teacher?  I registered with them and gave honest responses across the board.  given that i could most accurately be compared to a 40 year old zarathrustra ubermensch, why would i have gotten an invite to get poked tomorrow at KR?

Book it, Dano.

• Hook 'Em 3

what's the protocol for HEB? The confirmation email just say hey show up at this date and time. Do I traipse in the store like normal and go the pharmacy? Are the slots truly one person per time slot? It says to avoid overcrowding and extended wait time, don't arrive more than 30 minutes ahead of appointment time. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

what's the protocol for HEB? The confirmation email just say hey show up at this date and time. Do I traipse in the store like normal and go the pharmacy? Are the slots truly one person per time slot? It says to avoid overcrowding and extended wait time, don't arrive more than 30 minutes ahead of appointment time. 

They give you a ticket and you spin the HE-Buddy wheel to see how many milligrams you get. The kid below didn't get any milligrams but he won a free pack of Marlboro Reds.

IMG_6554.jpg

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, that's the first email I got. I also got a second green link register email, which I did. 

I guess I will just wait and hope for another email next week for the 2nd does appointments opening up. 

I'm guessing this weekend marathon is for 1st shots only. 

Anyone, they confused the shit out of me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

@Heme Doc, what are your thoughts about getting a quantitative S antibody test to confirm sufficiency of immune response?  

It’s a good idea in principle.  And labs now carry it.  But the question I don’t know the answer to is:  What level of antibody is associated with protection from infection?  

So you could get the test and find that you’ve got antibodies which would make you feel really safe, especially if at high levels.  I haven’t taken the test personally but definitely thought about it.  Would be interested to know my titers now 6 months after my 2nd Pfizer shot

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Got Pfizer #1 at the HEB at Rundberg and Lamar yesterday. My appointment was for 10:50. Got there at 10:30. It took me about 30 minutes to get through the check-in line. Make sure you check-in even if you’ve already printed and filled out your consent form. Multiple people booked in each time slot. Was worried I was going to miss my appointment, but then realized nobody else was getting their shots either. Waited near pharmacy with everyone else who had already checked in. At around 11:45, I overheard a tech tell someone that the pharmacist was drawing up the shots. A few minutes later they started calling out names and administering the shots a few minutes apart. I got my shot around 12:00.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Got Pfizer #1 at the HEB at Rundberg and Lamar yesterday. My appointment was for 10:50. Got there at 10:30. It took me about 30 minutes to get through the check-in line. Make sure you check-in even if you’ve already printed and filled out your consent form. Multiple people booked in each time slot. Was worried I was going to miss my appointment, but then realized nobody else was getting their shots either. Waited near pharmacy with everyone else who had already checked in. At around 11:45, I overheard a tech tell someone that the pharmacist was drawing up the shots. A few minutes later they started calling out names and administering the shots a few minutes apart. I got my shot around 12:00.  

The only problem you have is having to make a second trip to the Rundberg and Lamar area.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Mrs. Brat just got her second shot at KReeves. 
checked in at 11:30, got pricked at 11:38, then were in the slowest wait/exit linefor 30 minutes 

I must have been in the same exit line. Checked in at 11:45, was shot in the arm by about 11:55, and then the wait began. Got out of there at about 12:30. Very smooth today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Started getting slight chills about 11a, elevated heart rate, temp 99.5, and then became stupid tired...so guess that’s my immune system ramping.  Everyone noted 12-24hr max impact so hoping I wake up good tomorrow.  

Edited by Homercles

19 minutes ago, hornian said:

I must have been in the same exit line. Checked in at 11:45, was shot in the arm by about 11:55, and then the wait began. Got out of there at about 12:30. Very smooth today. 

We were in line 5. The chick that filled out the covid vax card at the last tent had an English or Oz accent.

14C395F2-67DD-487A-98AB-5A97FA5FD0CA.jpeg

4B8A5ADE-2CF8-461E-88D2-7ADF6D548509.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

1 hour ago, sidis said:

Too many questions, imo.  Go get the shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Too many questions, imo.  Go get the shot. 

i fully intend to...just vexed by whatever is going on there and the fact that my name popped up before my wife, who works in an elementary school.  whatever.

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

FHS/Wilco's processing of the waitlist is borked is my guess.  

The counties running these mega wait list need to start figuring out a way to proactively take people "off" the list that already got shots elsewhere so they can better manage it.  Tarrant County pinged me via text and I responded take me off the list.  Then I got the same dam email 2 days later.    Lord knows how much time is wasted offering appointments to people that are already set.  I assume the "actual" Dallas County list is significantly less than 50% of those that signed up considering I'm sure everyone in the metroplex signed up in Dallas.

The counties running these mega wait list need to start figuring out a way to proactively take people "off" the list that already got shots elsewhere so they can better manage it.  Tarrant County pinged me via text and I responded take me off the list.  Then I got the same dam email 2 days later.    Lord knows how much time is wasted offering appointments to people that are already set.  I assume the "actual" Dallas County list is significantly less than 50% of those that signed up considering I'm sure everyone in the metroplex signed up in Dallas.
Wilco sent me an email the other day to see if I still needed to be on the wait-list.

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Real talk - how many of you degenerates are straight up lying so you can get an appointment and shot? 

The 1B criteria in Texas are sufficiently broad such that most of the BBQ loving, hard drinking degenerates here easily qualify without bending the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Real talk - how many of you degenerates are straight up lying so you can get an appointment and shot? 

really not exaggerating, would guess that at least 40% of the people near me in line at APH (including the same 30 people we passed each time we snaked through the line), were under the age of 50, and very few of them looked like they were highly susceptible.    Now I understand a large portion of them could have absolutely had an underlying non-visible medial issue.  but there were also a lot of healthy looking mid 30s around me as well..

30 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

about 26 hours after the first Moderna.  no real symptoms, except my shoulder is really sore. almost feels like I got punched in the shoulder.  But if thats all I get, I am happy.

Isn't the consensus that if you haven't already had COVID, the second one is the one that fucks with you? 

My first shot of Pfizer was pretty uneventful. 

Yeah consensus is if you’ve been ‘exposed’ the the first shot hits you harder as your immune response is instant.  Understand tetanus and a few others typically hit harder after second dose...and besides a sore arm I had no side effects from the first dose but second has me dragging ass 24 hours after.  

Anyone else notice increased heart rate?  Was trying to nap but my HR was like 85, whereas normally it’d be 60-65 laying down (resting rate low 60’s).  Waking around it hits 100 like when I’m hungover, which is impossible as I haven’t had a drink in over a week.  Weird stuff. 

Got fully vaccinated a few weeks ago. Ready for vaccine passports to be implemented. Spare me the bullshit of "discrimination" against those who haven't gotten it yet. Let's allow concerts, performing arts, etc. and make it contingent on vaccinations. I am ready to travel internationally and want a fully functioning vaccine passport system so that I don't have to comply with quarantining and other draconian measures. I am all for incentivizing vaccination and shaming anti-vaxxers by creating goodies for those that are not stupid enough to be fooled by anti-vaxx lies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

I didn't lie, I just showed up and got on a waiting list. This was about 4 weeks ago. Two hours later, they came to my car and the three or four other cars waiting in line and were like, come on in!, no questions asked. On the way out, they scheduled me for the second dose, which was about 1 week ago.

Mid fifties, no corbidities that I know of, healthy as a fucking horse.

29 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I didn't lie, I just showed up and got on a waiting list. This was about 4 weeks ago. Two hours later, they came to my car and the three or four other cars waiting in line and were like, come on in!, no questions asked. On the way out, they scheduled me for the second dose, which was about 1 week ago.

Mid fifties, no corbidities that I know of, healthy as a fucking horse.

Where did you do this?

Anyone else do this? What type of location will have a waiting list? HEB? CVS? Delco center?